Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2017

Due in March 17

Replies

• Hi all had an emergency vaginal scan today, they saw the sack for baby but no heartbeat yet. Had bloods done and having more thursday, if my levels dont go up then means ive had a failed pregnancy 😢

• Hi Tisha how many weeks are you? Please try not to worry. I know easier said than done. 

I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow morning and I have another scan next Friday when Im 9 weeks. 

I feel so sick all day everyday xx

• Frankie I'm 7 wks too and got first appointment on the 11th. I'm really nervous!

Tisha I know it's really hardbut try not to panic, everything might still be ok. I will cross everything for you

Gummybear I know how you feel! I was never I'll at all with my first baby but this pregnancy is making me feel really rotten - sick 24/7 and just completely drained all the time😞

Xx

• I have no idea how many weeks, i was told im about 6 but the hospital said it could be wrong. Thank you all for your kind words xx

• Oh Tisha I'm so sorry :( please still think positive though, there is hope!! How come you had to have an emergency scan? X

• Tisha when I had my scan last week I was 6 plus 5 and the sonographer actually said she was glad she didn't scan me earlier as she prob wouldn't have seen anything. Please don't worry. Lots of love xx

I can't even face cooking so my poor kids and husband are getting a domino's pizza for tea. (obviously they are delighted) 

• I had unbarable cramps the other day and doctor said i had a urine infection, i phone the doctors back a couple days later for my unrine test and it was clear. I was then sent for a scan as there is a history of miscarriages in my family xx

• You might just be too early yet. I know it's natural to worry but try and remain positive. X

• Hi tisha ihad an emergency vag scan on wednesday as i started spotting and had a sudden loss of symptoms.i was 6+6 and they couldnt find a heartbeat and could only see a small fetal pole inside the sac. They thought i had my dates wrong but i know the exact day of conception. Ive to go back aug 11thfor another scan. They never took bloods.

• Hugs to you both tisha and sineadybaby. Crossing everything for you both that all is ok. Xx

• Does anyone know what happens if you are identified as being a high risk pregnancy early on?

I think I will be for several reasons. I had pre-eclampsia with my first. I've been keeping track of my BP at home and it's been consistently high. Plus I'm that bit older and fatter than I was when I had my little boy😬

Im just a bit nervous about what's going to happen.

• Bethyo i too had pre eclamsia with my first (hes13) and am too a bit older and fatter with my second...wonder will i be high risk? I was only saying the other day i need to get a bp monitor to track mine daily...i heard if you have pre eclampsia once your at risk again.

• Hi ladies 

Lots of factors are taken into account whenassessing potential risks during pregnancy. Like previous complications,  maternal ages, bmi etc. I too am older and heavier than I was previously. Speak to your midwife at your first appointment and explain what your concerns are. They will go through your old notes and make a plan tgat your happy with x

• Hi all I had some spotting last night so been to the early pregnancy unit today and had a scan they can see the yolk sac but not a baby as yet she said I'm measuring 5/6 weeks, got another scan booked in for the 16th when I'm back from my holiday, they told me all seemed fine and not to worry. I calculated my due date using an app, that took into account the date from my last period so the date of conception was two weeks after? Is that a likely explanation? It's so confusing :/ 

• Bethyo- I am classed as high risk due to the problems that my baby had last year. I have already some my consultant and had some bloods done. I have also had an early scan at 6/7 weeks (everything looked fine) I have my 12 week scan on the 19th August and then at my 20 week scan than will be with my consultant and will be a lot more detailed than any other 20 week scan. I'm not to sure if your weight makes you higher risk, I got weight the other day and I am 10stone 7.

Oh Frankie I bet you are very concerned :( if they told you not to worry you need to listen to them and not worry.

before getting pregnant last year I thought it would be a breeze having baby but until your pregnant you don't realise how stressful it is! Roll on March I say!!

• Frankie there is gestational age-which is the amount of weeks you are from the first day of your last period and there is foetal age which is how many weeks you are from the day of conception. Conception date is usually 14days after the first day of your period but this can vary by 3-5 days. The foetus usually grows at a rate of 1mm a day in the 1rst trimester and has to be at least 5mm long in order to hear a heartbeat or even to be seen on a scan...your next scan should show everything is fine...they are just giving the baby a chance to grow is all...im in the exact same situation as you..im back the 11th for a scan xxx

• ***forgot to add that usually when midwives and doctors speak in weeks they are going by gestational age(so from your last period NOT conception) hope this settles your mind a little...xx

• Thanks sineadybaby86 I knew there was something about dates! Fingers crossed then for us all! This is the most stressful thing that I've ever been through! Definitely no preganancy glow here 😂😂

• Are you having any symptoms frankie 86?

• My symptoms seem to have disappeared which is worrying me! I had a 7 week scan 3 weeks ago and everything was fine but I can't help but worry :( x