Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Due in March 2017 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

Hello everyone!

Well, March 2017 is here and it's very likely there will be some babies on the way very soon, so we've created this special thread for your birth announcements.

Please use it to tell us all about your labour and birth, and your first moments with your newborn – and we'll come and shower you with congratulations! (and if you fancy posting picture too, we'd love that!)

Good luck everyone! We can't wait to hear all about your baby's first few moments!

Replies

• Options

imageimageWell, my pregnancy has been a bit up and down, so I always suspected this little man would end up arriving earlier than his 22nd March due date!

Due to having gestational diabetes and intermittent high BP, I was booked in to have an elective Caesarean section on the 16th March.

I then came in for one last consultant appointment on the 7th and unfortunately my BP was 160/100. I was immediately admitted and they wanted to induce me that night, but I didn't want induction (it was literally the only demand on my birth plan!). So they brought my section forwards to first thing on the 10th instead, and kept a very close eye on us up til then.

The birth itself was as good as it could be; a much more relaxed experience than I had with my first (emergency caesarean). My BP then ironically took ages to come up (it was 90/30 for quite a while and I felt dreadful😬).

But now we are both feeling great, he is (so far) an extremely chilled out baby! He doesn't have a name yet though, as we can't agree! I will update you all when we make a decision😉

Cant wait to hear everybody else's stories too! 😘Xx

• Options

imageimage

So here is our little bundle,she was born on the 4th March...her due date! (Only 4.5% of babies are born on their due date so she's a punctual young lady!) 

Labour was TOUGH!Much tougher than I had expected. Contractions started at 2am Friday 3rd and the hospital wouldn't let me go in to be checked until 3am Saturday! They kept telling me it was Braxton Hicks! Finally when they let me go in I was almost 5cm dilated! By this point I had been in constant pain for 25 hours and has missed two nights of sleep and was beyond exhausted! So despite me saying that I wouldn't,I demanded an epidural! Best decision I ever made! Although it made me sick and my whole body shake I was much more relaxed and the rest of the labour was actually great! Evelyn (Effie) Audrey was born at 16.44 (4.44 on the 4th!) after 38 hours 45 mins of labour!! Here is a picture of her at less than 1 day old and another at 2 weeks :)