Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in March 2018

Replies

• Good luck Cbess1, and I will do I'm gonna keep mine crossed as well aha xx 

• Roo2017 awww! Thats such lovely news. Wishing all you ladies the best xx

• Thank you Katebrooke17 xx

• Thank you ladies!! I don't think it's going to sink in until I have my first midwife appointment. It doesn't feel real! Xx

• Omg! I'm bleeding 😭 what should I do 

• Hi all,

hope you're all well. Melissa, I've had lots of cramps and pains, like I said I was on micronor (mini pill) so I just assumed it was my period coming! I've had terrible cramps and pains all down my legs, luckily due to a previous miscarriage and the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy, I had two scans last week and two HCG blood tests, all seems fine but I'm only 5 weeks along so it's early days. But I remember with both my miscarriage and my successful pregnancy, I had lots of pains that were very similar so I guess all I can do is wait and see :( I hate the long wait and the worrying! I haven't really got any symptoms at the moment except for feeling sick now and again. I think we all worry, we didn't plan this baby and it was a real shock, but already I'm petrified of losing him/her! 

have you all booked your first midwife appointments? Mine only runs on a Thursday and they don't have anything except 2pm whilst I'm working so haven't booked yet! Xx

• Cbess1 maybe go to a walk in centra? I'm not sure!! I hope you're okay!!! Xx

• Hi Amylou4444, I have had the odd little twinge and cramp but nothing id say was painful. Is it normal to have cramps and things like that? My dcctor said yesterday I can be anything between 3-5 weeks so I don't really know what to expect. I'm really bloated at the minute so my belly is sticking out already!! I feel so paranoid about losing him/her But I never have this is my first ever pregnancy so I don't know what to expect at all. I have my first midwife appointment on August 7th xxxx

• Cbess- just seen your comment about bleeding, praying everything is ok? Did you go to the dr? I know of people that have had a bleed in early pregnancy and it has gone on to be absolutely fine so fingers crossed for you xx

Hi Roo, I think everyone reacts differently, I've had terrible pains this time around but so far all seems ok. I remember I had cramps when I miscarried and when I had them with the next pregnancy I was so worried it meant I was miscarrying again but I went on to have a healthy little girl who is now 18 months! I think it's just our bodies changing and preparing! I guess we have to stay positive xx

• Yeah they haven't been 'pains' as such, just niggles and twinges. They haven't caused me to stop doing what I'm doing type thing. I feel almost as if I don't want to get too excited still because it s still very early days. I do feel nauseous today and had a slight spot breakout. 

I also have a question for all you mummies!! Has anyone ever had a change of job so early in pregnancy? I'm working 20 hours a week currently in a place i dont want to be, it has nothing to do with my degree area etc. But about 2 weeks ago (before I knew I was pregnant) 2 jobs related to my career appeared in my area and I applied  I had one interview yesterday and another tomorrow and yesterday basically said they really like me and to get me to go back in next week for the second stage of the interview. They'd both be 30-40 hours (but both have said there flexible). What's your opinion of changing jobs? I'm only (up to) 4 weeks pregnant so I don't want to be telling them yet and I 100% intend to be going back because it's what I have done my degree for! 

• Hi Roo,

if you were to change jobs would you be entitled to maternity pay? I started my new job in January (NHS) and I have to have worked for them for a certain amount of time to be entitled to their maternity pay. I miss it by 2 weeks :( so I'll  get the basic maternity pay instead which will be a struggle.

i would imagine some places would be (not sure what word to use) disappointed to take on a new employee then find out a few months later they are pregnant and going to be on leave for a long time, but saying that it's your choice! I guess it depends if your current job has a good maternity plan, if so I'd wait it out and take the benefits of that and leave after you've had the baby (you may have to return for a few weeks/ months to ensure you don't have to pay any of it back). I wouldnt think you'd be eligible for the new jobs maternity pay if it offers one would you? I guess it depends how unhappy you are in your current job too!  Lots to think about and look into xx 

i wonder how Cbess is?! fingers crossed everything is ok xx

• I have been researching on the gov website and with the hours I'd be doing I would qualify for 'maternity allowance' of the highest rate which isn't far off statutory maternity pay Xx

• image I have just done a maternity allowance calculator in relation to changing my work circumstances and I will get the same amount, just not from an employer. This is also with my earliest earliest possible due date and a new job start date for a month away so hopefully the new job wouldn't take that long to start :) 

• imageHello Ladies! Congratulations on all those lovely BFPs... here's mine from yesterday! 😍 I've come over from the ttc after miscarriage forum so this will be my rainbow and second baby 🌈👶🏻 (I have a son who is 6 next month) 

I found out on the 26th June that we were expecting again with a "pregnant 1-2" CBD after a long traumatising 9 month battle with irregular cycles since my MC in November last year. I've finally been blessed with a new pregnancy 😍😁 

My LMP was 21st may but i know I ovulated late, possible CD23 so I'm between 5 & 6 weeks days today.

How is everyone doing? What symptoms have you all got so far? 😀

xXx

• Hi elexo, a massive congratulations on your little rainbow!! I'm between 3-5 weeks, we don't know the exact date because I came off the pill and my cycle was messed, but i can't be more than 5 weeks and 2 days! I got a faint positive last Wednesday then a strong positive at the doctors on Monday! 

My slymphoma have been the odd twinge and unpainful cramp in my tummy and bikini line area, I'm absolutely STARVING and I'm very tired. I had also had a spot break out today!! I'm so nervous of MC and not knowing it's happened. This is my first pregnancy ❤️

• Sorry about the typoS! *symptoms! 

• hi elexox,

congrats on your rainbow baby! I haven't really got any symptoms so I'm a little worried! I was on the mini pill when I unexpectedly fell pregnant so a big surprise! I've felt sick on occasions and had terrible cramps but that's it. How about you? Any symptoms yet? With my last pregnancy my boobs were so sore but nothing this time!! xx

Roo- fingers crossed for the interviews then! Definitely go with what makes you happy xx

• Welcome elexox, we are so glad to have you here and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months ahead! 

• Hi Ladies,

I found out on Monday that I am pregnant with my first baby! So excited but so nervous! My LMP was 7th June, so I think I am just over 5 weeks. I have a Drs appointment on Monday morning so hopefully will find out some more details then. According to my app I have, I am due about the 14th March 2018!!

• congratulations!! I'm so scared that I have and am having minimal symptoms, I am going buying more tests just to see if the line is darker because it was quite faint but dark enough to see. I can tell I'm going to be such an anxious mess!