Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in March 2018

1444546474850»

Replies

• Evening ladies just catching up. Sorry to hear you e not been feeling well Kara hopefully it didn’t last much longer for you. I had my midwifes 16 week appointment today was disappointed as she didn’t attempt to listen to baby’s heart beat apparently they go by movements now. 

However all test results came back good. 

Midwife thinks the sensations I described sound like baby moving. 😁 chuffed with that. Looking forward to our 20 weeks scan 4 weeks today. however our due date has been changed all my notes say the 29thof March but we were told the 26th but it’s  no big deal. 

Mall the bottom of my tummy where it reaches my pubic bone had been stretchy today like I’ve done one two many crunches. Hopefully I won’t last to long feels weird. 

• I have been to a baby shower where we was just in a pub had a buffet arranged by the pub and played games for a few hours and the mummy to be opened presents  I think il just do something at home with friends that live near then do one a thing my home town with family :) just a few games maybe and a chance for everyone to have a drink for me Haha! May do one after Christmas when I have finished work so il be round 32 weeks. 

im 18+2 and think I may have finally started feeling movements more clearly. I have felt tickles and things but last nifgt in bed I felt my tummy almost ‘flip’ like a clunky but It wasn’t the same as normal, must have been baby! And I have felt a few taps and twinges. Heart beat is sooo strong on my Home Doppler ❤️

• Okay thanks roo, there's a nice pub near me, 2 of my friends have had baby showers there but I'm not convinced thats the place for me. It is free though so maybe I'll just have it there... trying to cut costs to baby necessities only really! So we'll see what happens. Planning to have it around late Jan/early Feb once Christmas has been and gone! 

Those were deffo baby then 😁 18 week was when I really started to feel mine. OH felt her for the first time the other night, she gave him 3 big kicks one after the other. His ear to ear smile was priceless 😍 I can't wait to see him hold her 😍😩💕 

• Yeah or have a look around and see where else you could have something! My friend literally paid for a buffet because all her extended family went etc but that’s all she paid for the tables were obviously free because they were just booked in and people bought their own drinks. Il just have mine at home though and the one in my home town I am going to have at my grandads. He struggles to get out and I want him involved because it’s so special that it’s his grandchild so it will be in his house. Had plenty of house parties with him their in the past! So I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

Oh im so excited that it is baby. I don’t know why I just keep thinking it isn’t or convincing myself it isnt because I’m not sure but at the same time it cant really be anything else. My partner was falling asleep last night and had his hand on my tummy and said he can’t wait to hold him/her. He’s so in love he keeps talking to my belly, more than he does to me 😂😂 

we found out yesterday he got the new job he was after!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉 so we’re a very happy household finally getting to where we want to be before baby comes xxx 

• Okay thanks roo, still got a while before that needs sorting anyway 😊 As for the movements, you'll know for sure soon enough! Awww hes excited to be a daddy then! And congrats on getting his new job! Well done to him 🎉🍻 

Is anyone else obsessed with one born every minute yet? I've seen every single episode... of every single series 🙈 Need them to make a new series lol! 

• confrats on your OH getting the job Roo. What a lot of pressure off you both now. Now you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy without that worry.

elexox I used to love that show before I became a mummy but now I’ve had 1 and have experienced labour to some degree im not as into it. I’ll still watch it if it comes back on though. 

I don’t no what to do. I’m now Day 6 of diarrhoea. I don’t feel unwell anymore and no more cramping but it’s still just water coming out of me. Tmi Sorry. It’s not putting me off food and baby is moving plenty so not sure if I just keep going. 

• Kara is your urine still dilute? If it goes dark you might be getting dehydrated after that many days of it? Think it's still worth a call to midwife when you can with it going on so long. 

Congrats Roo. So glad everything is working out for you and hubby. 

Elexox I've watched a few episodes but I cry every time I watch it since I've had my little boy haha! 

Treated myself to a few new maternity bits. 19 week bump this morning. Feels weird I had a bump this time last year too!!  

• Oh no Kara!!! I’d call my midwife if it was me after a week, it will end up draining you 😞 I hope you get sorted soon and get as much rest as you can! 

I have woken up with a cold from hell, so that’s great 😞 xxx 

• Oh gosh that's quite a while now Kara, I remember suffering a week or two of diarrhoea with my first pregnancy. Maybe see your gp and they'll sort you out 😊 As dinky said, watch out for dehydration 🤗

Sorry you have come down with a cold Roo 😞 I felt rough this afternoon after the Sunday food shop 😩 Feeling a bit better now after a roast dinner 😂

I leaked some colostrum this morning when I was getting dressed 🙈 has this happened to anyone else yet? 

• I think mine is coming in too. But it happened over night as it was all crusty on my nipple (sorry tmi) my nipples have been so sore the last few days too. Really made me smile as I felt like everything was going well .😊

poor roo colds suck 

Kara with the other ladies best to get it  hecked out.

I forgot to mention about baby showers last time. I haven’t been to any but have see other people’s and they tend have them in community halls or men’s clubs small venues with a hall to hire. My cousin had a gender reveal party abd that was at cons club. Nice hall with access to a bar she put up a tonne of food and linked up karaoke all in all a good evening 😊 Mum and I are gonna arrange one for the end of jan beginning of Feb for our bean will be nice to get the family together. 

• Thanks ladies. Since I posted earlier things have improved. I’ve kept lunch and dinner Down so think things are going right way now. Phew lol

nice bump dinky. I’ve really popped now too. OH gave me a kiss earlier and said he felt a bit further away cos of bump lol! My daughter keeps asking if her baby brother is big enough to come out yet and kissing my bump. It’s just the cutest. 

Aww Roo hope u feel better. Colds are Horrid! 

• Thank you lovelies! Feel really rough, my nose is completely blocked!! I havent had any leakage or anything as of yet but I have noticed my nipples are really sensitive again and my boobs feel rather swollen! I can’t wait for it all to suddenly happen xx 

Just wanted to share this photo of my cousin and I. (She’s on the left and I’m on the right with glasses) she’s due at the end of December. Was so shocked by how small she is compared to me lol 

• Morning ladies - how is everyone? 

MrsP - Wow, yeah - she is quite tidy for being due in December! Is this her first? Nice bump btw!

Dinky - fab bump on you too! I'm very envious of your lovely skinny bod!

Kara - I would go get checked out - never be afraid to mention it to GP/MW. That's really cute re what your daughter has said - she sounds adorable!

Elexox - Watch Call the Midwife or The business of being born - so much better than the scary stuff of OBEM! I haven't had that happen to me yet re colostrum - it's a good sign though, isn't it?

Roo - that's great about your hubby's job - what is the new job and when does he start? How is your cold now?

And for me - did I tell you guys I bowed to pressure and am getting a gender scan done today? Can't wait to find out! Plus getting loads of movements! :-)

Hope everyone is well x

• Hi everyone, we've just spotted this thread is approaching the 1k posts mark, which is brilliant, but it also means it's getting a bit hard to load on some devices, so we've kicked off a continuation thread for you here. 

Please do make sure you come on over to the new thread and click the green Follow button so you don't miss out on any posts. 

We'll lock this thread in a day or so to give you all a chance to see this post and find the new thread. 

New thread here!