Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in March 2018

Replies

• Options

Is anyone taking vitamins?

with my first I was taking them pre-pregnancy and continued but as this one is a complete shock I haven't started yet xx

• Options

I'm finishing the seven seas ttc multi vitamin and then plan to go back on to pregnacare. Are you taking folic acid? 

• Options

I am taking pregnacare now before I was taking pregnazon 😃

• Options

I am taking folic acid and vitamin D xx

• Options

I am taking folic acid, vitamin d and calcium 

Have any of you told anyone your pregnant yet?

• Options

I've had to tell the doc at my work as I was having a medical yesterday but she's keeping it in confidence - not even writing it down. No-one else other than hubby knows yet. I told people really early last time - mainly the people closest to me where I live and work as I thought they'd notice the change in me. My family are in Ireland so I didn't tell them until the private scan at 9 weeks. I'm not sure yet what I'll do this time. 

Have you told anyone yet Kara?

• Options

itcwas my friends birthday on Friday so we told her and her partner only because I wouldn't be drinking. They've not long had a little one so we felt close enough to tell them. Also told 2 of my best friends that we were trying so they've been there from the start. Family live an hour away so we are going up to tell them all after my booking appt xx 

• Options

Good morning ladies!

I have just told my mum, this time 🙂 because is impossible to hide anything from her. They live in Spain, I am Spanish but living in the UK for the last 10 years 😜

• Options

Hi everyone, today we're asking, if you already have a child at school, do you buy the teacher an end of term gift? Please tell us over here. 

• Options

No we havent told anyone yet either. I told everyone early last time as my morning sickness was really bad that family and work kind of noticed. 

I plan to wait til first scan/12 weeks but not sure if I'll be able to wait that long 😂

• Options

I've broken mine already and told one of my besties at work! I'm such a disaster - can't keep a secret for 5 minutes!

Kara - had you HG? My sister had that the whole way through pregnancy (both times!) and was really rough, bless her.

• Options

Hey ladies... Congratulations and welcome to the newbies! 😀

Amylou, have you had your scan? Fingers crossed all is good 🤞🏼

My nausea has hit the roof! My partner uses a vaping device and has an eliquid cupboard in the kitchen which I accidentally opened this morning... the aversion to the smell of all the flavours was so strong I couldnt stop gagging, I very nearly puked!!! Now even the thought of the smell is deathly!!!!! Never had an aversion this strong before 😱

Still got spotty greasy skin as well as really sore boobies (already very busty, 32G... dreading what size they'll go up to 🙈😩) the tiredness is pretty tough to combat as well especially when I've got things to do... needing a late morning and late afternoon nap each day 🙄 

I'm peeing every half an hour as well... no symptoms of a UTI tho. Ive also been having really intense tension headaches despite being really well hydrated... does anyone else have this? I'm about 6w+3d. 

Got another scan tomorrow at 1:30pm! Eeeeeeek!!! 🌈👶🏻

xXx

• Options

hi elexox - sorry to hear about all the grotty symptoms. I'm still really early so no major symptoms yet but I do remember the hightened awareness of smells from last time. Any strong smells used to really make me nauseous.

I do have slight headaches and I think I did last time too. It could be the hot weather too - y'know - not helping things.

Fab news about your scan - hope the rest of the day passes quickly xx

• Options

I have completely lost my sense of smell because I have a really bad cold! Went to bed at 11pm, got up around 10am then had a nap from 11-1.30!!! Absolutely shattered  Think it's a combination of having a cold and pregnant. Every time I sneeze I heave too. Brilliant xx

• Options

ahh, daytime naps - I miss those! Are you off work today Roo?

• Options

Yes I'm back in thursday! Had the weekend off for my friends birthday and then a christening, I work Thursday-Sunday but I just got a new full time job which I start in 2 weeks which I'm so much more happy about! Xx

• Options

No I didn't have HG thankfully! I'm a nurse and used to start quite early in the morning when my sickness was at it's worse. It got to the point I had to tell my boss and colleagues as I couldn't cope and didn't to start a little later once it had passed. Thankfully I have different shifts now and start a little later so hoping if the sickness does come back I can hide it better!

ive been sleeping really well overnight but haven't felt the need to nap in the day yet....not that my toddler would let me even if I did 😂

• Options

What do you work as Roo? Well done on the new job. It's so important to be as happy and as least stressful as possible during pregnancy. 

Kara - Ahh that's good to hear re sickness. HG is horrible or so I hear! 

And yes, my little dude wouldn't let me nap now if I tried! How old is your toddler - boy or girl?

• Options

Tayto - little girl 2.5yrs old. Right little handful and diva 😂 how old is your son?

• Options

Hahaha Kara - heading for the threenager stage at an alarming rate, then?!

My boy is 16 months and starting his tantrum stage - it's adorable - can't wait to deal with them in full swing and a newborn!