Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in March 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• cool I’ll defo take a looks see what I can find locally 😊

• Hi ladies 

hope you are all baring up ok. Im sure it won’t be long for you all now. Looking forward to hearing about another baby arrival anytime now 😊

Hope those of you who have had babies are all well and enjoying snuggles. I certainly am 😊 

Dinky fab news about your daughters scan. I know it hasn’t been confirmed until the consultant apt but it certainly sounds positive!

• Such good news dinky! 

Ah bless I bet you are enjoying those cuddles kara I’m extremely jealous! 

ive been awake since 3am with an ear infection!! I have never been in so much pain my life  

• Hey ladies, how are you all doing? Hope all the bumps and born babies are good? 

Sorry I've been away for a while... quick update from us 😁

I am still bleeding on and off (3 weeks postpartum tonight), wondered if any of the other mummys remembered how long they bled for after having baby? Ive also struggled with endometriosis and it's extremely painful to go for a number 2 (sorry tmi). The midwives/health visitor didnt seem that concerned 😕 

We have all got to know baby Isla now and she is just lovely. She is still exclusively breast fed, which is going really well and I'm confident we are well established now! She struggled with prolonged jaundice a little in her first 2 weeks and has to be seen at hospital on Monday for a check. Hopefully everything is ok now. She is sleeping for 3-4 hours at night so I'm managing to sleep a bit better already which is great! OH went back to work this week, reluctantly! Family life with two children has certaintly taken its toll on me! Im absolutely shattered most days, despite having fairly decent sleep! The school run has definitely become a bit of a mission 😂

Cant wait to hear of some more arrivals! Hang in there pregnant ladies its not long now, although you must be sick of hearing it now! 😩🤞🏼🤗

• Sorry to hear about your ear infection chels, how are you now? Hope it's eased up xx

Lovely to hear from you Kara - hope you're still enjoying your lovely chilled out little guy!

Elexox - as I had a section the last time, I don't think you're meant to bleed as much as they effectively "hoover" out the blood or so my midwife told me anyway! I'd go to your GP, mw/hv all think any bleeding is normal at this stage. Glad to hear bf'ing is going well - I'm hoping to bf too! Sorry to hear you're shattered, hope things ease up as time goes on. And how is Isla 3 weeks already?!?!

MrsP - how're you doing? Any more activity?

AFM - I'm 39 weeks today and spent most of the day nesting in our living room! I also started to decorate my bump cast from last week - will flash a pic when done. Been having some more light contractions but I don't think she's ready yet! 

Hello to everyone else, hope you're all well xxx

• hi tayto funny how nesting works lol. Bump cast sounds fun I forgot about them. But to be honest I don’t think I want to look at my giant belly again anyway lol

aww chels that sucks fingers crossed it gets better for you and quickly. 

today’s been nice disnt get much sleep but enjoyed a nice relaxed day had breakfast with my aunt and uncle then hubby and I walked round a near by lake despite the freezing temperatures. But since 10pm I’ve been have this crazy sharp shooting pain in my back lasting about 3 mins happened 3 times so far. Spoke to Antinatal and there is a possibility things are marking a love or baby is sat on a nerve. Fingers are crossed for baby lol 

• Thanks everyone, So glad to not have the scan hanging over us now. Would you believe Amelia's appointment for a scan came through this morning! For the 3rd April!! Think they misunderstood the fact it was supposed to be done within 1-2 days not 1-2 months?! More to put in the complaint letter though.

Elexox glad to hear things are going well. I'm getting pretty nervous for hubby going back to work! Even simple things like putting both babies in the car is going to be a daunting task.

Bf is going ok for us. Amelia latched first time unlike her brother but I'm battling shallow latch. We've finally had a breakthrough though and I'm not as sore so hopefully things are on the up. 

Oh MrsP I really hope this is something after all the false alarms. And hopefully you don't have much snow. It was pretty bad up here again tonight. 

• it Does not look like things are moving on. I’m getting so fed up of this now. Every times I call Antinatal all I get told is that is muscular or baby is laying on a nerve.  If it was either of those surely it would ease sat in another position? I’ve been awake for the last 30mins with my left side in pain I’ve had to get up to take paracetamol I’ve had enough of this now. 😤😤😤 

sorry to be a bummer just wish someone would take me serious when I say I know something’s up and this ain’t normal. 

im glad you got your scan and things are working well with bf for you fingers crossed ahe continues to latch well. I don’t blame you putting a complaint letter through about all this I would too. So much emotional turmoil for you not what you need after a new arrival. 

• Morning ladies!

MrsP - you sound so fed up! I do think it's normal though; just baby getting in to a good position. Have heart; you won't be pregnant forever. He will get here soon and it will all be worth it xxx

Dinky - that's just pants! Definitely complain - they need to know this type of anguish when you have a newborn simply isn't unacceptable. Good news on bf, how are you finding the long feeds when you have Aiden to to look after? I worry about getting them both into the car on my own too 🙈

AFM - having gentle surges and still leaking. Off to the hospital this afternoon to get checked out. 

How is everyone else? Xx

• Aiden has been great bless him! Again I'm worried about tackling things alone though. With us still struggling with latch I can't feed in a sling yet so won't have 2 hands spare if he needs anything. We'll get there though. 

MrsP if you really feel something isn't right then push further. It's difficult to say really as there is a lot of pressure and baby trapping nerves once they are engaged. But you know your own body and pain threshold? 

Elexox I forgot to say about the bleeding. Mine seems more this time and keeps easing then increasing once I've been out and about. Maybe ring the midwife or doctor now if midwife has discharged you? As 3 weeks does seem a long time. 

• MORNING ladies 

fingers crosserd for some baby news then tayto 🤞🏼😁

di I’m sure you will get there soon enough. Our midwife told us babies gotta learn to feed advice there not used to it after beeing in the womb with food on demand ( I’m sure you know that with this beeing baby number two) 

afm- I ended up calling nhs direct who were really helpful and have mire of a backing when I called Antinatal again. Something what showing in my waters but midwife dosent think it a uti however doc haven me some antibiotics Durban to this he severity off the back pain. So I’m hopefully that this will help clear up any issues and make me a lot more comfy. 

Weve just got back now from the hospital so off for some more sleep. Snow isnt to bad here about 2-3 cm possibly at the moment with more coming down. Black I’ve is the most scary thing atm as it appears once agin the council didn’t grit the roads so come back down the bypass home hubby hit a small patch scared the daylights out of him but he controlled it very well so no issues just a fright to him.  

Hope everyone is well 😊

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know, we know this thread is really long now and a bit tricky to load and keep up with, and where we normally start you another thread at the 1k post mark, we're going to wait until all the babies are here, and then kick you off your brand new March 2018 Babies thread... 

• You could be waiting a long time Danielle! 😂

How are you guys today MrsP and Chels?

I'm hoping to get some more bloods and a CTG of baby done at the hospital today. They weren't very helpful yesterday so fingers crossed I get someone better today. 

Hope all the mum's and new babies are doing well xxx

• I COULD SEE it beeing April before all the babies are here if this little one has his way lol

im doing ok tayto thank you. I feel the antibiotics are starting to help the pain i had in my back as it isn’t as bad as it was and it’s not lasting anywhere near as long as it was. 

Waiting for baby now so trying to focus on other things to keep myself busy. 

Hope the monitoring goes better for you today tayto fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer for you now 😊

How you doing chels?? Hope you ear infection is letting up. 

• Ahhh that's good news MrsP! Hope the pain continues to ease. Are you doing anything fun today to take your focus off the wait?

I've just got through to the hospital and the coordinator is going to look after me herself which is perfect! We have the check up at 2PM - just bloods and CTG. I'm not concerned though. We've also finally finished tidying our living room so all ready for our home water birth! And I'm only 39+2 - could I possibly have left it any later?!!! 😂

• AWW was at least it’s now sorted lol. That’s good that she’s taking it upon herself to take care of you. Are you waiting for baby to make a move then befor ethe home delivery or is an induction on the cards? 

ive got some films and tv lined up whilst I chill on the sofa with my knitting loom lol

hubby is in Work and the roads are still icey so not a good idea to go out until the snow is cleared but that’s no buggy I don’t mind beeing indoors. Its freezing outside anyway even the cat Disney want to go out lol 

• Hey you two im feeling like absolute crap atm the pain in my ear is just getting worse and worse. I have a doctor who is going to call me anytime now to see if I need someone to come out and visit me as I can’t get out of bad as im suffering from Really bad vertigo now. Why does this have to happen now 😩 theres absolutely no way I’d be able to deliver a baby if he were to come right now. 😞 

good luck at the hospital tayto! 

Will fill you in when I’ve heard from the doctor 

• Aww no chels sorry to hear you're feeling so rough :( have you had any antibiotics yet? Hope the doctor manages to sort things asap. Have you had any more niggles? 

MrsP good to hear the pain is finally easing. Enjoy your relaxing day on the sofa. 

Tayto hope the monitoring goes well today and well done on finally being sorted for the home birth :) hopefully just in time for it being used. 

Hubby is back to work on Wednesday so we're fitting as much as we can in. We've been trampolining this morning and popped into his work to show the kids off. Then got my car in for its mot to save a job juggling with 2 kids on my own. Health visitor and our newborn photos tomorrow then Amelia gets registered on Wednesday. The tiredness is catching up a little now but the nights haven't been too bad. 

• Hey ladies! 

Hope you’re all doing ok on this final stretch! Hope the hospital monitoring  goes ok today tayto and well done on getting your lounge ready for the birth, I hope it’s soon for you!

MrsP gladness to hear You are feeling a bit better. Sounds as if u must have been brewing a UTI so glad you have antibiotics now. Enjoy your sofa day. 

Chels ear infections are the worse. I have so much sympathy for anyone who has one it’s just so overwhelmingly painful. I hope the dr calls you soon.

Its Jude’s due date today! I wonder if he would have arrived by now if I hadn’t had a c section? He remains the most chilled baby ever. My scar is healing well and I haven’t needed pain killers  a few days now. We have to take him for bloods tomorrow as I have hypothyroidism and they need to check he is making enough thyroxine himself now or if my medication was providing it for him. im dreading it as they have to take a proper blood test from his tiny hand 😢

Just wanted to share a DIY ‘professional‘ pic we did at the weekend. We have some lovely pics of Jude and his sister together now 😍

Keep going ladies! Can’t wait to hear who will be next

• AWW KAra he’s stunning. Happy due date lol watching your little one have bloods taken i can Only images it must be heart wrenching. Fingers crossed all is well though.

glad your scar isn’t healing nicely 😊

sofa day turned in to me cleaning the washing machine and doing some food shopping lol. I keep finding ways to re organise bubs bedroom. He’s feeling very heavy today and lots of pressure so im hopeing he isnt far off. Been thing about a stretch and sweep but I’m not even Britney convinced at the moment