Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018

Due in March 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Morning tayto. Thanks for your support people really don’t honk before they speak. 

My scan is the 9th of November so not long to go. Thankfully the constipation is manageable without fibogel. Normally with in a few hours of brakefast we’re up and running lol (sorry tmi) I have a constant supply of rennie on hand in case of indigestion. If I run out there is a lady who is due 4days before me that’s on my team so I can lend some from her. It’s nice to have another lady to talk too. 

oh is convinced he felt baby move last night but I’m not sure it might have been my tummy run along but I’m not gonna take it aeayform him he was supper excited. 

And I got he best news this morning my manager is on paternity leave for the next 4 weeks so bo more worrying about him lol 😂😂

• Morning ladies,

Thought I'd post a bit of an update! I'm now 20+3 and feeling baby's movements everyday. Keep getting kicked and can feel them moving around! 

We go for our scan tomorrow and find out if it's a boy or a girl. I'm actually so excited. I think it's a girl but my OH thinks it's a boy! Just have to wait and see ❤💙

Last time I posted was being worried about my non existent bump, well that's changed!! It suddenly appeared on Thursday morning. Been away with my OH's family this weekend and everyone commented on how big it was looking!! 

Hope everyone is ok and doing well! image

• Morning MrsP - feel free to come on here anytime you like to offload about those annoying people. I can guarantee someone is probably dealing with the same! That's great it's manageable; nothing worse than constipation! That really nice you have a colleague to discuss this stuff with. Ahh, it's amazing when partners can feel the kicks - it took ages for H to feel it last time so he's not bothered this time and going to wait until much further along! Wow, 4 weeks? That's pretty epic for paternity leave - is it paid? Was your manger giving you a hard time? 

SamanthaJane - that's lovely about the kicks and good luck for the scan. Bump pic is cute. 

• WHAT a cute bump Sam 😊

With my company Dad Andrew adoptive partners get 10 days fully paid paternity so 2 weeks as we obly work 5days and then he’s taken 2 weeks of annual leave on top of that. So that’s how he’s ended up with 4 weeks. 

Some peice and quiet lol 😂 

its Lovely to be able to have somewhere to off load and chat to like minded ladies 😁

• I should read what I write before I post that was supposed to say new and adoptive not Dad Andrew 

• Thanks Tayton, congrats to you too!! So exciting!!

I love being part of the chat! It’s so nice to see that I‘m not alone haha  and That I’m not the only one who gets ‘stupid comments’ 

hope you are having a great day ladies!! X 

• MrsP - that makes sense. My H only gets like 3 days or something so he always saves up holiday so he can take 2 or 3 weeks. That's good to have some peace and quiet - more time to come on here & chat to us :-)

Mel - absolutely! You can see why the NCT classes and similar are so popular - it's so we can share the journey with others going through the same thing. Any of my friends who have done it all before are old dogs at it now so forget the things that made them excited when pregnant!

Bit of bad news for us - just called my son's neurologist and turns out she's lost his MRI images and my H is furious as the USB key had all his other personal info on there. I'm more bothered that she'd lost them before she got the chance to do anything with them. There's got to be something ironic about a scatterbrained neurologist, no? image

• Hi everyone, we were hoping you would help us out with this thread. We're asking, when you were trying to conceive, how long did it take you to fall pregnant, and how old were you? Please do come and tell us on this new thread. Thank you. 

• Ahh, the opportunity to talk about TTC'ing - don't mind if I do, Danielle image

• Nice bump Sam! I keep meaning to take a bump pic as haven’t done one in ages

ah sorry to hear she’s lost your sons scans tayto. It’s not great that it’s his personal data on there though. I hope it turns up.

so Ive spent the whole day looking into my maternity pay. I thought I had it all sorted in my head but what I didn’t realise is that my maternity pay is based on my average earnings from week 17-25. I salary sacrifice £243 a month for childcare vouchers so my maternity pay is based on my wage after this is deducted.  so now my maternity pay is going to be lower than expected each month. If I stop it now I’ve still lost weeks 17-20 and also the voucher scheme is stopping in April so I can’t rejoin again and the new government scheme isn’t as good.we’ve decided to stay on the scheme and I’ll have to take a lower maternity pay each month but on a plus side the vouchers will continue to grow in an account and will pay for new baby to go to nursery when I go back to work. Nothing is every easy is it 😩

• Oh Kara there’s nothing worse than worrying about money if it wasn’t enough to worry about baby. 

Mum still trying to figure out when I want to take my leave from I think I’m gonna aim for the 19th March. The maternity rep is looking in to how many holidays I’d be entitled to before I leave (assume my full entitlement as I’m not gear for them the full year) but this means I get 5and A bit months full pay then a month and a bit half pay and then just statutory maternity pay. So if I have any leave I will take this before the government pay to boost my earnings. And the. I get 10 days where I can come on to work do like4 hours work and get paid the full day. So that helps boost things up. My plan is to try and save as much money as possible over the 6months and starting the new year to try and boost my wages enough to help with the 3months I’ll be on next to mothing. So complicated 

• Oh that sounds like a good maternity package Mrsp. Our annual leave runs from April-April so I have 2 weeks left which I’ll take before Mat leave starts. so with that included I’ll have 10 weeks full pay, 14 weeks half pay Smp then it’s just SMP only so need to have some savings at that point or I’ll have to go back to work. I’ll also then have new annual leave from April so could take most of that to drag it out as long as possible.

i had a little panic and a cry earlier but I feel ok now as sorted it in my head and have a plan again. OH has a plan too which made Me feel better 😊

• Oh Kara - that sounds awful. I think I'm in a similar boat - it was the reason I didn't want to be on maternity leave for too long the last time whereas this time, I'm definitely taking the year off. It was just too stressful going back after 7/8 months the last time. I've said to H we just need to cut back. Can/Could you do KIT days to boost your salary with your H doing work from home? That's what I plan to do and also to help keep my mind fresh! Have you definitely worked out the new scheme is not as good? I know it doesn't run for as long (12 years as opposed to 16) but if both parents are working close to full time hours, the new scheme is marginally better.

MrsP - excellent mat pay package there - very nice indeed! Would you be working to 39 weeks then? I did that last time and he was still 5 days late so it was nice to have a bit of time to myself.

• If we can get some savings behind us (which OH has shown me is possible) then I should be off from end of Feb until end of Dec. I’m happy with 10 months as I only had 7 months off last time and that broke my heart! Yes I can do Kit days aswell so will definitely be doing that (didn’t do last time as my line manager was a cow and put everything in the way to discourage it). My new manager is lovely. 

• AS Llong as all goes smoothly I don’t see whay I can’t be in Work right up until my due date however I think taking a week or two before the actual due date is a good idea gives me some time to rest and get ready. If I go off from the 19th acts just over 2 weeks before my due date 

• That's great Kara. Ten months should be lovely.

MrsP - I think two weeks will be loads to rest. Some of my NCT had three or more and they were just going crazy waiting for bubs to arrive. I was getting impatient as it was image

Just had our baby cafe's meeting - our finances are doing well so we just need to keep them there! They gave me such great support with my son that I wanted to help out when they lost all their funding plus it's good to make sure they'll still be there when I have this next baby 😝

• Morning (or is it afternoon?!) ladies; how is everyone?

Anyone got any scans today?

Got a really definite kick from baby last night - the strongest so far - was momentarily panicked but then delighted :-)

hope everyone is well x

• Hey girls. I hadn’t been on in a few days and wow i had loads to catch up on! I’m sorry to hear about the unhelpful comments some of you girls are getting. Some people don’t realise how hurtful they can be, especially the older generation i find. 

As for back stories, H and I are both irish have been together 10 years, married for 3. This is our 3rd pregnancy but first baby all being well. We have 3 little guardian angels.

Tayto we are getting our wave from a local nursery store. It’s our first baby but i love the way it adapts should number 2 come along.  It’s £1170, that includes carry cot, toddler seat, travel cot and adapters and then we are getting an isofix base for the travel cot. xx 

• Ahh, where abouts in Ireland Mel? I'm from Clare & H is from Louth. Yeah, the wave is very good for two - my little dude is disabled so I was planning on having him in the toddler seat and then the baby in the carrycot. It's only meant as a backup (my son already has a wheelchair buggy) so only if/when I can't carry the baby in a sling.

I'm sorry to hear of your guardian angels xx

• Ahh I’m from Derry, hubby’s Tyrone. 

It would actually be good for you, def worth looking into. Ask the shop to show you the attachments set up for double. It would be compact and suit both ages which i liked too. xx