Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2018

Due in March 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• I’m sorry to hear about your angels too Mel 😘

The kick sounds great tayto. I had my hand on my timmy yesterday and felt baby kick my hand for the first time. Today I’ve noticed they are much stronger and definate kicks! 

No scan for me today. Mines tomorrow 😊

• Timmy 🤣 I obviously meant tummy!

• I've had my scan today... We're having a girl!!! ❤❤ Absolutely over the moon. She was being such a little fidget pot during the scan, took the lady ages to take measurements and get the photos. She also kept covering her face with her hands! Definitely got a cheeky monkey on the way 👶😍

• Ahh brilliant Samantha! A love little princess! 💕💕

Kara that’s fab, it’s lovely and so reassuring to feel those kicks! 🙌🏼

Our next scan is Thursday night, so excited to see him/her again! 💙💗💛 xx

• Hi everyone, Happy Halloween! If you have a child already, and you guys 'do' Halloween, please come and share a pic of your carved pumpkin or your child dressed up, and we'll pick a random winner this week, for a lovely little prize! Couldn't be easier - just post on this thread here! 

• Ah lovely Mel - I love the Northern accent. My brother in law is from Derry too. I still struggle to understand him if he's out with his family and has had a few too many :-)

Sounds fab Kara - kicks are so exciting. Lots of luck for your scan tomorrow!

Congrats Samantha - girls are super cute! I would say that as I'm having one too! That's really cute she was covering her face - at our private gender scan, our little one kept covering her private area with her hand so it was difficult initially to see!

Who's going trick or treating? By the time I get home with little man, we won't have time but I'm hoping to be able to dress him in his pumpkin costume & post a pic on the other thread. He has been wearing a skeleton tshirt all day though. No pumpkin carving for us - I'm too lazy! I'll put our our inflatable plastic one from last year with some battery tealights and that will do!

• Samantha -congrats!!! How nice!! 💖 

Tayto- I’m at work tonight dressed up as a witch, we dress up and do a raffle every year and give the money to Youth Cancer Trust which is a charity in Bournemouth who help young kids with cancer to go on holiday with all the equipment and care required, we raise every year around £3000 for them and makes the staff and guest have a good time at the same time! So that’s my evening haha 😊

Have a lovely evening girls and although I haven’t replied I do read and keep up with you girls 💕 x 

• Congrats on team pink Samantha 💗 

Hubby and I are just boring and both from Newcastle! Thanks everyone, I'm definitely never moving again! The house was absolutely filthy when we finally got the keys too so we are scrubbing everything and getting new carpets throughout. An expense we could do without just before Christmas and New baby. 

I have my consultant appointment on Thursday for my weight. Thinking they will just discharge me straight away as my bmi is normal and I'm back to eating again now the sickness has gone. 

• Hope all goes well dinkyxx

congrats sam another little princess to join the group. Bet it was amazing watching her.

im get a few kicks too I think lol kids if feels a bit as though I’m About to feel my heart beat but it’s only one little thump then another one or two a little while after. Baby is defiantly moving aroubd I seam to get the if pressure points sometimes to the left of my belly button or high up on my bump. I had it tonight and it kept shifting from left to right. Feels like a proper little wriggler lol 😊

no kids as of yet so no trick or treating for us but I did answer the door to the kids who called and had some sweets on the go. I wore a Tshirt to work that said “I’ve created a monster” that I found hilarious and a few of the guys in Work did too. Other than than a pleasant evening with the hubby watching stranger things ok Netflix 😁

• Ah Mel that's lovely - it's really nice to see companies getting together to fund raise for such worthy causes. Dare we ask for a pic of you in your costume?! image

Oh Dinky - that sounds like more crap you really didn't need right now. New carpets are lovely though - nothing nice than new fresh pile under your feet! Good luck for your appointment x

MrsP - that sounds lovely - I always feel like th movements are so nice - nothing compares like it!

I'm off to bed; night ladies x

• Morning ladies!!! 

Tayto- haha are you sure you want to have such a fright in the morning ? Lol we raised £240 last night and had a lovely evening with the guest. So really nice! A bit tired this morning as I had to work 12 hours but for charity I don’t mind! 

Good luck to the girls who have appointments today and this week! Update us and let us know how babies are doing 💖💙! 

My little peanut doesn’t stop kicking he is so active it’s amazing and I love it!! 😍

have a good day everyone!! 😊

• Morning everyone. Working from home this morning as have my scan at midday. Will update you all later 😊

congrats on your little girl Sam 💕

Oh dinky, glad you’re moved in now but sorry to hear about your added expense. Tayto is right tho new carpets are lovely and at least they will be nice and clean for new baby to roll about on 😊

yes we went trick or treating last night. This is my little lady Grace. Isn’t she the cutest pumpkin? 

Its the first time she’s been and she loved it! 

• Good luck at your scan Kara! 

Aw she is the cutest lil pumpkin!! Good to hear she enjoyed her first trick or treat. 

💖💙

• Afternoon ladies!

Mel - that was excellent to raise that much - well done! hopefully you'll get a nice early night and a good rest? x

Ahh Kara, Grace is gorgeous! Did you post on the other thread? You could win a prize! Lots and lots of luck for your scan xx

Chels - how are you doing?

I have a busy day ahead - got lots to do at work and then need to head out to the post office at lunch time to post a parcel; then off to my childminders to assist with physio for my son and then an antenatal fitness class tonight. I'm a busy little bee today :-)

Hope everyone is well x

• Oh my lord what a cute little pumpkin 🎃 hope everyone had a lovely first Halloween with their bunks and didn’t scoff too many sweets!!! 😍 

it’s safe to say the mother in law has got worse!!! my partners parents and my parents have been in contact with each other regarding them going halves each on a new pram set for us for a ‘Christmas present’ for bump and us (very excited as it’s so expensive isn’t it!). so all that was lovely we said we would pick one and they arrange it between themselves and everyone was happy. 

now, our families are an hours drive away from us. They live in the same town as each other as that’s where we’re from but we obviously don’t live there. I know my mum has been on Facebook selling sites getting us freebies/cheap things such As a mamas and papas electronic singing swing When I first lost my job. Obviously things have really improved for us since then but my mum is still tracking down good deals from her friends and things and we’re more than happy with her doing that. She messaged me the other day saying one of her friends is selling a silver cross pram for £10 it’s rather used but it would be fab to have at my parents house incase we need it for an emergency situation such as visiting and the pram breaks or they urgently need to get our little boy in an emergency, which we’re happy with.

well, my mum posted a photo of the pram saying she’s gettkng very excited for the little one to arrive and she’s loving seeking out the bargains. 5 minutes later my partners mother is on the phone to me calling me and my family all the names under the Sun. I explained its not THE pram it’s just a second hand back up that will be sat in my mums spare room if it’s ever needed. She refused to listen and carried on declaring that we’re pushing her out and she’s sick of seeing my mums Facebook updates of things she’s bougt the baby and told me to tell my mum to stop putting photos on because it’s ‘pissing her off because she can’t afford as much as my parents’. I politley said I wasn’t getting into an argument my mum helped get some FREEBIES for us when we was in our rough patch and anything else she’s got since is to have in her house. she then called my partner and said the same guzzle to him saying she feels left out because she can’t afford as much as my parents and that led to us two arguing

im not being funny but my Mum and Dad have jumped through hoops for us at times when his parents never answered the phone. She’s gone from not giving a flying f*** about the scan picture to competing with my mum about how much she can buy, when my mum has spent £10 On a second hand back up pram To have in a completely different town to the baby!!!! 

is my Mum In the wrong? Shall I tell her to stop posting photos of the things she said buying? She’s a very excited nana to be and all her friends are nanas so it’s becoming her social life! Or is my partners Mum being a Down right witch? 

• Really should check my typos! Stupid phone! I mean bumps not bunks!!! 

• AWW that sucks Roo. Sounds like your mother in law is being really selfish. Your mum is More than welcome to post her excitement on facebook this is her grandchild after all. Sounds like your mother in law is feeling left out  and is taking it out on you. I know it’s hard but at least you tried to keep your cool best you can. Maybe it’s worth asking your partner to have a word with her. Money should not be a reason to get upset.

hope Hingis get easier soon Hun xxxx

• Thanks ladies she is a cutie pie 😍 yes I did post on the other thread tayto so fingers crossed (I never win anything though)

So had 20 week scan today. soon as I walked in the room the midwife asked why it’s been marked out to double check facial features and for cleft lip. I said I had no idea why but was now worried sick!! Baby boy is totally healthy (no cleft lip either) but I do wish these midwives would think before they speak!!!

also I now have a consultant appointment booked for 4 weeks time. The appointment I had come through for 33weeks is for an anesthetist. Surely I needed to see a consultant before I see an anesthetist! All seems backwards to me. I’m not impressed so far 🤔

Roo your mum sounds completely reasonabl. I think buying the other buggy is a sensible idea. Sounds like you don’t know if your coming on going with your MIL! Don’t let her stress you out x

• Really why would they do that! When I had my scan she told me she thinks I have an amniotic band and wanted people in for second opinions whilst I was out of the room I was petrified. Turns out I 100% don’t but it’s so scary they really mustn’t think about how they come across!!!! And mines the same with me having a c section I have an appointment at 35 weeks to talk through the procedure and medicine etc but nothing until then?!

That’s exactly what it is kara, one minute she’s not interested at all and the next we’re apparently pushing her out. She also said ‘why has nobody brought me a scan picture round’ making a dig that my mum hadn’t taken a spare 20 week scan photo round like she did at The 12 week scan. I said why haven’t you come to get it? 🙄 they had no excuse to not come for the scan, shes doesn’t even work. Yet she expects my mum who works full time to go round to her house with the scan photo. I said i Thought you’d seen it on Facebook anyway and I’m not arguing over a scan picture there is a spare one here if you want it either get it or wait until wede next up we completely forgot to send it with my parents as we also found out in scan day our house offer had been accepted so it was all mental. She proceeded to slate my mum for being excited and posting things in Facebook that she’s bought and I simply said I’m not arguing over an unborn baby sort it yourself don’t involve me. I have warned my mum of what’s going on Just incase she receives a barrel of abuse too  At first my partner was on his mums side saying my mum may be going overboard but then he realised actually what she’s doing is hurting nobody and it’s only a few photos of a pram and a swing for a baby. He’s had a word with his mum telling her to not go off like she did again we have enough going on never mind her piping up when it suits her. Its made me so angry I wish she just would stay uninvolved. I’m definitely not making the effort after how she’s spoken about my Mum anyway!! 

• Hey ladies! Wow ive had pages to catch up on 😂 I'll try my best to remember what I've read lol...

Congrats samantha on joining team pink! 💗 Hope your scan went well Kara, did someone else have a gender scan today? I can't remmeber who? 

Dinky! I love Geordies, especially the accent! I love irish accents too 😁

Gorgeous pumpkin girl Kara! Grace is a lovely name btw. I didn't take my little one trick or treating... by the time school was finished (they all dressed up - he was a vampire), he was done with Halloween! 😂

Tayto - wow that is a busy day! How was it? All plumtuckered out now? 

Roo, sorry to hear it's gone from bad to worse. I don't think your mum is in the wrong at all with posting what she's bought! It's not her fault that your mil is offended by absolutely nothing! I think it's more of a guilty conscience actually, your mil I mean... she probably knows she could be putting in more effort and is sniping at the people/person who are making lots of effort... I hope this issue resolves itself soon for you! 

I'm 22 weeks today 😁 Officially closer to birth than conception! Ive managed to maintain the swimming for an hour, 3 times a week! Sciatica and pelvic pain is about 6/10 at the moment for pain 🙁 Nothing apart from swimming relieves it... it's getting worse as the weeks go by! On bad days I can't even bend to take shoes/socks off etc 😩 Oh well just another 18 weeks to go 😂 My stomach is still a bottomless pit, nothing seems to fill me up for long! The teenage looking acne has FINALLY cleared up, hopefully for good *TOUCH WOOD*!!!! Although now I'm extremely gassy, sorry tmi... anyone else very gassy in the lower end? 🙈