Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in March 2019

Replies

• Options

Hi ladies I hope u don't mind me joining u all.. congratulations everyone with your bfps. I am expecting baby #3. Going by last LMP doc has gave me a due date of 20th feb.. but because I got pregnant straight after coming off the pill I think I ovulated late and I think i am due the start of march. Time will tell ehnw I get my scan. So I am going to use my own thinking and join use girls in the DIM chat 😀

• Options

Hi Campbello, we are so happy to see you here - congratulations! Lovely to have you back in another club!

• Options

Hi ladies, 

found out the other day i am pregnant,took three additional tests as i didn‘t believe it! I’m going to the doctors on thursday to confirm it! 

I’m feeling quite impatient and anxious about the first trimester - as this is my first pregnancy! I really want to get a scan and be seen asap to calm my anxiety!

Any tips would be appriciated! X

• Options

been a few days since I’ve tested and all out of pregnancy tests so in desperation thought I’d try an ovulation test. Turns out they do show pregancy, never had a line anywhere near that dark on an OPK. 

Leahchartx - hope your test showed positive 🤞🏻

• Options

Hi everyone,

Hope it's ok to join you all? I joined a forum like this with my previous pregnancy but didn't contribute much at first and then didn't feel like I could later on as everyone had already got to know each other. I'm going to try to be a bit more active from the start this time. 

I got my bfp 2 days ago at 10 dpo so have a due date around 18th March. Already have a 7 month old baby girl so it's going to be interesting if this baby sticks! Didn't think I would get pregnant so quickly as it took over a year before, but I'm 38 so we felt like we should start trying again for another asap. Still in the stage where I'm obsessively peeing on sticks and squinting at lines to see if they are getting any darker!

• Options

1992 Carmel- welcome and congratulations. I know how you feel, this is my second pregnancy but I miscarried the first in May. 

I don’t know where you’re from but from experience Drs don‘t give you an early scan for reassurance unless there is a history of loss/complications. You can book in for private scans but I don’t think you'd see much before six weeks or see a heartbeat. 

The only thing you can do is try and relax as stayingcalm is the best thing for your baby. keep yourself busy and focus all your energy on keeping yourself healthy and hydrated. Everything else is out of your hands. Sorry, hope that was a little helpful.

bev12345- congratulations! You’re brave with one only seven months but im really pleased for you after it took a while last time. 

Does the pee on a stice phase ever pass?  not sure I’ll ever stop wanting to check. 

• Options

Thanks for replying Springstep! Sorry to hear about your loss, and congratulations on your pregnancy! 

I think i might try to get a private assessment to stop my anxiety about it all! I have the doctors on thursday to confirm the pregnancy! I just feel like its all so good to be true! 

Thanks for your advice xx

• Options

I felt exactly the same last time as it was my first Pregnancy. I couldn’t believe how lucky we were, especially as we had Conceived so quickly. And falling pregnant again this time ive had to really make a conscious effort to not worry. if it’s going to go wrong then it will go wrong and there’s nothing I can do about it - I’m determined to try and enjoy this pregnancy for as long as it lasts. 

And I’ll also be booking in for an early scan at around 7 weeks 😂 xx

• Options

Welcome 1992Carmel, so glad you found this thread. 
    Hi Bev12345, welcome too and huge congrats! 2 under 2 will be tough, but also so lovely for them to be so close in age. 

• Options

Springstart, its always nice to just get that visual reassurance! I’m going to try do the same and just be calm and as positive as i can be. I’m definitely going to book an early one when i see the nurse on thursday- even if i have to pay for it! X

• Options

Hey springstart1 1992carmel and bev12345.

Sorry to hear about your loss springstart1. 

My last pregnancy I was very nervous in the first few weeks and I got an internal scan at 7 weeks due to doc thinking it was ectopic but everything was fine and I now have a 15 month old monster lol 

I am a lot calmer this time and chilled out. Probably just too busy to worry this time. All you can do at this early stage is keep yourself healthy and hydrated. 

Fingers crossed we all have happy and healthy pregnancies 😀

• Options

Hi Campbello! Thats good news that all was good! 

I had a good sleep for the first time in weeks last night and im feeling much more calm and positive today!

xxx

• Options

Also can any of you girls explain to me how it works with calculating how far i am? My test said im 2-3 weeks but when i put my dates into some apps, one said im 5 weeks pregnant and one said im 6 weeks? Xz

• Options

Yea for the clear blue 2-3 weeks is from conception but docs will date from LMP which would mean your are 4-5 weeks 😀 when I tested with clear blue on Wednesday it also said 2-3 

• Options

Hi 1992carmel,

Was it a clear blue digital that said 2-3 weeks? If so then you should add 2 weeks to that as it is just calculating it from your ovulation date, not the beginning of your last period, which is what is the traditional way of measuring pregnancy. However, it all depends on how long your cycle usually is and whether you usually ovulate around day 15. Do you usually have regular cycle lengths? I'm a biology teacher so could work it all out for you if you wanted?! :-)

• Options

Campbello! That means we’re roughly the same then! this is crazy!!! Xx

• Options

Hey Bev, that would be great so i could get my head around it all! My cycle is always around 28-29 days! I used the flo app that tracked my ovulation dates but i just counted them there and they’re all different. For this pregnancy i ovulated on the 16/17 i think! Xx

• Options

And yes! it was a clear blue test i used! X

• Options

Yea we will be roughly the same 😀 my LMP was 16th May but I ovulated late due to coming off the pill at the start of may so that is why doc has gave me a due date of 20th Feb but I know myself it's going to be march as I was getting negative tests until last weekend. Not really sure when I ovulated as I stopped taking ovulation tests as it was stressing me out 😂 I became addicted to peeing in a cup lol

• Options

Aww dont! I did it a few times and they always came back negative! I just got on the Boots conception pills and never thought anything of it! 

definitely glad theres no more cup peeing haha x