Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in March 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• 27 weeks today. Where is the time going? Starting to wash baby things this weekend. I've got a mesh bag coming today to put all small bits (socks, hats and scratch mits) in so don't get lost in washer. 
  • Sam996 said:
    @Suziqn aww thats good news.  Glad everything went well for you! I have my 25 week appointment tomorrow. 
    Ahh fab! Hope you have a good appointment too  :)
  • My next appointment won't be till the 8th January feels so long away from my last one
  • I have my next one next week at 25 weeks. I think its because my pregnancy is high risk as normally you would skip this one If it's not your first. I feel like this pregnancy is flying by compared to my last. I'm 24 weeks today. X
  • @Charliemurphy mine is 6 January for 32 week scan. I've been tempted to go for a private scan but as long as I can feel baby boy moving I hope I can wait. 
  • Kirsty that sounds awful!

Oh wow it's crazy how fast time is going. Once we're into new year it will be full steam ahead.

Should you wash all the little one's clothes and bedding before they use it? I assume yes. 
  • @kayleighA yeah everything. Not got any bedding yet. 
  • I would wait for bedding anyway as they say not use bedding I didn’t start using bedding for Daniel till he was a year and a half I used grow bags till then 
  • I'll need to get fitted sheets for mattress once I have the crib
  • I washed everything i had before I had my little boy but in reality when he was born I didnt wash anything new and I had to send my family to buy prem stuff when I was in the hosp and none of it was washed they just brought it straight up. The midwife said as long as it's new it's fine. I didnt wash any clothing before hand after that. X
  • I only washed what I got from car boot and charity shops anything new I never washed
  • Thanks girls xx
  • @suziqn thank you! Had my appointment yesterday all went well . Baby girl is doing great!
  • Hi ladies. It occurred to me today I hadn’t seen anything from the forum for a while then realised I hadn’t seen the new thread. Hope you are all well. 
    I’m 27+2 today, not doing too bad apart from sore hips at night and constant braxton hicks. Finally starting to get little bits for baby. Made the most of Black Friday. Still have loads to get but I’m going to wait till January sales to get the majority. Anyone else no where near ready yet. Time is creeping up on us now. X
  • It's going so quickly isnt it. I havnt brought a single thing. I still have all the main stuff from my first but literally everything else I need to get. Bottle, outfits, vests, muslins etc. I will wait untill after Christmas though x
  • Wow look at you! What a gorgeous bump. I'm a few weeks behind you. Mine has just started to really show.

We bought a load of stuff in one hit then not really anything since. Going to enjoy Christmas and hopefully paint the nursery during the break. Our furniture is coming in January so we need somewhere to actually put it.

The main things we will need to get now are clothes, onesies, sleep sack things and I'm sure you can never have too many wipes and nappies. Also desperately need to get some maternity clothes for myself. 
  • We have most things, moses basket, pram, sterilisers, clothes (Although will probably end up buying more now that we are sure she is a girl), bottles, shoes, tons of muslin clothes. Just need the crib for after moses basket, nappies, wipes and usual day to day bits and some more bedding. Been pretty well organised but that's just my OCD. I feel bad I only have a little bump you can barely tell I'm pregnant unless live in the same house 24 +1 weeks.
  • Product Test Opportunity! 
    We are looking for 10 parents/carers of children, age approx 6-11 to test a CarGoSeat which is a Group 3 booster seat worth £54.99. There’s a £200 Amazon voucher prize for one of the testers too! To read more about this product test and signup, please head to Latest Discussions
  • Agree @NicolaCU I feel like it's really zooming by now! I've hardly bought anything...feel out of my depth tbh! Picked up a changing mat for £2.50 other week lol and some friends and family have put a few bundles together for me!  

Got my 28 week check with the MW next week where they'll do my bloods and measure my bump for the first time. Can't wait to hear little one's hb again! Xx
  • @Kinny90 I've got my next week too. Just started the third trimester today. Baby is definitely getting stronger and some movements are abit painful now. How is everyone else's little ones doing? 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions