Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in March 2021

Replies

• @Herestohoping we had the NIPT test that we paid for privately for and there was also the option to find out the gender too so we did! You should get a fab pic too as I was 13 weeks for my dating scan! Hope it all goes okay! Xxx
  • @Char09
    what a lovely clear scan 💖
    i have my gender scan on friday i’m so excited.
    i started feeling better from about 14weeks xxx
  • @Gamble5 thank you! Oh wow that's amazing! Will the twins be identical so same gender? Okay thanks, hoping I feel great soon! X
  • @Char09
    no the twins are non-identical they have their own sacs and placentas 😊 don’t think i can really tell from my 12 week scan what they are neither. I already have two boys and a girl so at least one more girl would be nice for my daughter although shes 7 😂🙈
  • @Gamble5 amazing so it really is 50/50 for both then!! So exciting!!! Let's hope you get at least another girl to even things out haha! Xc
  • @Char09
    yes pretty much 😂
    be nice if its one of each, but no matter their genders i don’t mind just as long as they arrive healthy and safely X
  • Hey ladies, was anyone a little unsure on whether to have the 12 week screening tests? If anyone is happy to share their reasons why they did our didn't have it I would really welcome. It is very personal though and so no worries if not. Because of the options if it were to come back higher risk, we aren't sure whether to have it at all and so really just looking for any advice. Thanks ladies and wishing you all well xxx
  • @Herestohoping I had mine done at 12 week scan, it was completely none invasive and they measure the fluid at the back of the baby’s neck on the scan and then the bloods are done along with the bloods you have done anyway. I know it’s a personal choice but for me it didn’t hurt me or the baby and I felt it was important to find out x 
  • @hanr92 thank you for sharing dear. I go on Friday and will likely have it. I feel the same in that there is a pull to have it as its important to find out For baby. Just a little nervous that if it was too come back higher risk, I'll obviously be concerned, but don't think I would have any of the more invasive seconds step tests done and so I guess I'd just be wondering and anxious. Thanks so much for sharing your experience dear and hope your pregnancy is going well xxx
  • @Herestohoping I would say have them. Happy to discuss in detail in a private message but we had an agonising decision last year about our first baby when she had a condition incompatible with life. That's why we chose this time to have the harmony tests done privately as we got it done earlier. But yes it's a very personal decision xx
  • @Herestohoping, I’ve had them done both times. I am a worrier though so I imagine I’d have had further tests if needed. It’s such a personal choice, ultimately it’s only one you can make. 

How are you all doing? Have people got many symptoms. I’m still feeling quite sick or being sick in the mornings but not got many other symptoms. Twinges/growing pains every so often but then stupidly worry when I have them and then worry when I don’t. Often twinges when I cough but don’t think the being sick still helps with that. I had a horrible pain behind my pubic bone last night but only lasted about 5 mins. Got a bit of a bump but not much, thought I’d show more as it’s my second. Am 16 weeks tomorrow. 
  • @Herestohoping I got the ones done at my 12 week scan, although I had pretty much ruled out going for any of the further testing should I have come back high risk. My reasoning for not doing the further tests was that I knew I wouldn't change anything so it wasn't worth the additional risk, and having taken a little while to get to this point and being older, I'm sort of running out of time! My reasoning for taking the initial screening is again, being older I knew I'm more at risk and I just think I would have liked to prepare myself if the tests had come back high risk, it would give me time to do a bit of reading up on things. Luckily everything has come back low risk and I feel more at ease :)

@Dizzyd totally with you on the symptoms thing, they worry me when they're there and they worry me when i feel nothing! there is a lot of feeling nothing at the moment, I'm just longing to feel some kind of movement! Sickness is nearly gone too, although still comes on if I get a bit too hungry or overeat.

Got my first pair of maternity jeans today, they're so comfy! I think I will just live in these forever now :D
  • Hi everyone who is due in march 2021 , ive been meaning to join for a while but wanted to wait a while till I was further along ,if anyone recognises my username say hey , ive been on here on and off for over a year and a half or more now xx
  • @Dizzyd I'm 14+1 and still feeling nauseous! I'm wondering when it will let up 😩 also still I'm bed super early every night!! I've got a slight bump! 
    @CurrentCatMum I got some jeans too! Can't wait to start wearing now it's getting cooler!
    @90schick hey!! Nice to have you here! When's your due date? X
  • Hey Ladies. 
    On my way to my gender scan.
    not finding out till my kids finish school. 
    I’ll let you know if i’m 💙💖,💖💖,💙💙 xxxxx
  • @Gamble5 eeekkk best of luck!!! Xx
  • @Char09 not long I'm sure! Mine really improved over this last week or so, I'll be 17 wks tomorrow :)

@90schick hi! hope everything is going well for you!

@Gamble5 exciting! will wait for your update!

• @CurrentCatMum @Char09 hi to both of you they gave me a date of 18th of March but I dont think thats right lol as I was tracking with opks etc and bbt ,so I'm a bit confused as to my accurate due date ,according to them im 15 weeks 2mrw . Have a gender scan booked a week Monday,  how are you all feeling ? Xx
  • @90schick how far off do you think it is? I remember my friend saying the dates the midwife gave her were out by 2 weeks compared to her own calcs but I don't know where she actually ended up!! I didn't track my ovulation this time, it wasn't bringing us any success, but my scan dates are exactly in line with the date I calculated from first day of last cycle though! I'm due 6th March :)
  • @CurrentCatMum not much only about 5 days lol I like to be precise though 🤣. She only went by that bcus I said I was 12 weeks and the baby measured 13 xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions