Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in March 2021

Replies

• I’ve been working from home so it’s not to bad for me I haven’t stopped buying 🙈 I’ve got way to much already but I just cannot help it my 20 weeks scan is on 16th October I can’t to see gone again I think it’s the best feeling xx
  • I know me too my scan is 15th can’t wait to see him on that screen again. I’ve had scans every 2 weeks so feel likes it’s ages away until 15th October xx
  • FireybabeyFireybabey Regular
    edited Sep 27, 2020 4:23PM
    Hi ladies I had my 13 weeks scan on Monday and my booking appointment. All is looking great. It was so daunting it was a lot of information. Really can't wait until they let partners in with us again. Thankfully I'm feeling much better symptom wise not much sickness and less tired. 
    I really do feel the anxiety kicking in now and again as I just can't quite believe this is all real. Ive my 21 week scan on the 17th Nov and due 29th of March. When did you all tell your other child or families. I'm so nervous in case it all goes wrong again
  • Hi loves,

Glad to see all going well and people are starting to find out genders - how exciting! We are holding off until the 20 week scan (3/11), but that may change if my hospital trust stops partners from attending again. I'm pretty convinced ours is a boy - will be stunned if I'm wrong!

I'm 15+1 and no longer nauseous (though still gag occasionally whilst brushing my teeth), but no real bump and I'm still fluctuating between 65-66kgs which was my pre-pregnancy weight! I have my 16 week midwife appt a week tomorrow, though this is currently still scheduled for over the phone and I'd be surprised if they changed it now.

I've just bought a cardie and some bibs - my husband is very bemused by how much stuff this baby will have by the time March rocks around! Xx
  • @Fireybabey I told our 3 year old after our first 12 week scan but I’m still not completely convinced he understands. I’d already told my mum and dad and then we started to tell some people after our second one at 13 weeks. But I’ve only really told people who I see. So not actually told most people yet as like you am worried something will happen. 

@foxling that’s good that you’ve not gained much weight. I’ve gained about 5lb from finding out I was pregnant. I was already about 10lb heavier due to lockdown weight so I don’t think am
    doing too bad. I put on over 3 and 1/2 stone with my son.

i have my midwife today in person. I was counting down for today in the hope I would hear heartbeat but I’ve read they don’t do it anymore so now am back to panicking again that something is wrong and I don’t know. Oh well, think I’ll always worry. Have a good day everyone.
  • I’m 18 weeks today and and the last couple of days been feeling kicks quite strong to!!! I can also feel where he lying as it goes really hard! Has anyone felt their baby yet! Xx
  • Jtk96Jtk96 Regular
    edited Sep 30, 2020 2:52PM
    Good to see you are all doing well. 
    I told my family early on the day I got my positive. I'm the only girl and youngest of 4 kids so they were suprised. I was scared, however it's been great to have their support as well as the support of my boyfriends family. His mom already knitted a baby napkin for her/him 😊

I had problems with the prenatal genetics test. I did it 2 weeks ago on Monday but then they called me the Monday after and told me it arrived to late and they couldn't use it and I had to do it again.
    Which was annoying since it was the private version which we paid 830 euros for doing. Luckily we didnt have to pay again but still It was frustrating. I just wanna know everything is OK.
    I think mines a girl, I did the nub theory and skull theory using my last ultrasound. 😊 Looks like a girl. 
  • @Fireybabey we told family at about 6 weeks, and close friends after the scan so 13 weeks. I've still got a few friends I've not told, I'll wait until after the 20 weeks for that. We don't have other children to factor in so I don't know about that.

@foxling I managed to stay the same weight for all of lockdown and the first trimester, but I've put on about 5-7 now, although some of that is because we just had a few days away and ate a lot of yummy pub food!

@Dizzyd lucky! How did it go? Mine was over the phone and lasted about 3 mins! I'll see someone else at 20 wk scan to do urine samples and blood pressure that should have been done at 16, and then 25wk onwards will all be in person. Did they listen to the heartbeat for you?

@Bethany12 aww! I'm so looking forward to feeling it and knowing that's what it is.. I've had a few bubbles that could have been baby or could have just been gas! But I do have a firmer bit at the bottom of my bump which I'm pretty sure is baby!

19 days till scan :)
  • @Jtk96 that is so cute! I'm abut a third of the way through making a blanket :)

frustrating about the test but fingers crossed you get good results soon!
  • @Jtk96 sorry the test got messed up. Have they said when you’ll get the results? 

@CurrentCatMum, it’s so strange that the places are so different with how people are treated. I did get to hear the heartbeat which was so lovely and a huge relief! Could also hear when baby was kicking as well. That’s good that you’ve got the 25 week app as well. As it’s my second child, I don’t get 25 week, only 28 weeks. 
  • @Dizzyd I know, I really wanted to hear the heartbeat as I drove myself a bit mental thinking things had gone wrong after I started telling people. Thankfully have managed to talk myself out of it now and just keep counting down to the scan :)
    So glad you got to hear yours though! It must be a nice sound and hopefully I'll get to hear it at one appointment!
    Yeah first timer so I'm glad I've got that extra one and they're not going to leave me in limbo for too long again. These long waits have been torture!!
  • Just got my results 😊😊 baby is doing great no problems at all. 
    It's a girl 💕💕 
  • SiiiaSiiia Regular
    edited Oct 2, 2020 10:28AM
    @Jtk96 congratulations! 

I’m counting down the days until my 20 week scan and I’m convinced baby is going to have their legs crossed 🤣 I’m starting to get the heart burn which is not fun at all, anything I eat triggers it off! How is everyone? Quick question to those who have children already - did you use any cooling pads with witch hazel? I hear so many rave about it but didn’t know which one was best? 
  • Congratulations @Jtk96! Are you pleased? 

@Siiia I’m afraid I can’t help, never heard of them and didn’t use them with my son. 

17 weeks today, it does seem to be going quite quick. Thought was doing well with nausea and sickness, then was sick after breakfast again this morning, typical! 
  • I read about the postpartum cooling pads with witch hazel in the February group but can’t remember - @AyeeshaB any help? Haha
  • Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well. 

This one's for cat parents! We have a lovely sponsored thread where you can win a £200 Amazon voucher for telling us about your cat. That thread is right over here.

We would also love for you to check out the latest discussions on the forum, and see if you have any advice on any threads over there. ☺️ 
  • How are you all doing ladies? 
    Keep having different twinges, currently back twinges, other night was stomach ache so everyday is definitely different. 

Am hoping after a few more days of sickness I’m over it now. 17 weeks 4 days today. Counting down the scan day in 17 days! 
  • Hi ladies I'm currently 15 weeks now but had a scare on Saturday when my husband spotted blood in the toliet. I normally get up approx 3-5 times a night but don't flush as don't want to wake anyone up.
    I went to the hospital and got checked had a cervix check and a scan and all looked great with no sign of blood. I then spotted brown discharge and small clots over the next 2 days. I was beside myself with worry but it has all settled now. 
    I feel like I need a scan daily to settle my anxiety but I'm trying to be positive as there is no sign of anything wrong. Hoping I'll relax soon. 
    @Dizzyd I'm the same with the odd twinges at all. It's all strecthing in there 😊
  • @Siiia @Dizzyd thank you, yes we are happy. I already bought a few cloths for her and will be arriving soon.
    I have a YouTube channel now where I will share the cloths I got for her 😊 

I have pulling and stretching everyday but I never get concerned since she is growing faster now already so 😊 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions