Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in March 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• Thanks @CurrentCatMum not so bad the pains have started to get more intense And I’m missing home already :( xx
  • @Bethany12 aww its not nice being away from home and in pain. Hope things have progressed for you this morning xx
  • Sadly I still haven't shown anymore signs of labor so unless it just starts out of no where ill b induced Monday night..........due date is tomorrow...... Will suck to be pregnant on it
  • @Catlady220 aww thats frustrating for you :( 
  • Hope the nights gone okay @Bethany12. Have you progressed anymore? 

@Catlady220 hope you start showing some signs, if not good luck for Monday! 

I have another scan today. I feel like am being monitored but not if that makes sense, I’d rather them just step in rather than just leave me waiting constantly. 
  • @Dizzyd are you in hospital or having to keep going in as an outpatient? I know what you mean though, they're obviously keeping a close eye on you so why not step in at this stage, you're full term anyway. Have they given a cut off for when they might do something?
  • @CurrentCatMum I keep going in as an outpatient. 
    The community midwifes say go to day unit at hospital but hospital say midwifes so it’s getting confusing as I’m having weekly appointments in different places. A dr said to me on weds was happy for me to go to 40 weeks if things stayed ‘okay’ but I don’t know if that means only 40 weeks or they’ll let me go over. 
    I had a tricky first birth and that was at 38 weeks so the thought of a bigger baby at 42 weeks petrifies me. I had my dates changed by a week at my dating scan so am classed as 38 weeks but my dates say 39 so I’m hoping I kind of go naturally with the first dates if they’re not going to intervene until really late. 
  • @Dizzyd have you told them how stressed the thought of going over is making you? Maybe that will make them think about putting 40 weeks as an absolute deadline. I was getting really stressed about going over too so I was really grateful the doctor suggested inducing at 39! 
  • @CurrentCatMum I am seeing another consultant on Monday and then community midwife on Tuesday so I’ll mention it to both of them and see what they say or if they put a different plan in place. They go by the scans I think too so guess it also depends on how the scan goes today. My partner guessed I’d go early and have baby at end of February so that doesn’t help as I’d kind of thought I wouldn’t get to March. 

Hope your induction goes okay, I was told after they’re more painful but as was my first I didn’t hve anything to compare too and it seemed to start quite slowly which probably helped. 
  • @Dizzyd yeah if you've had it in your head it would be feb it will really start to drag! 
    To be honest I've been in so much pain this week that I don't mind if it is more painful than a regular birth, I can't stay like this for potentially 3 more weeks (1 till due date + 2 for overdue).  And I'm ftm anyway so I've got nothing to compare it to, just going in and expecting the worst 🤣
  • @CurrentCatMum.. yes I think not having anything to compare to helps slightly in a way. Being in pain isn’t nice at all and chances are it’ll be such a different pain during labour. Did you say it’s Saturday you’re being induced? 
  • @Dizzyd yeah Saturday night! 7pm.. seems really late! But I guess nothing will really happen overnight so in a way that might be a good thing if I can just relax. 
    The pain has been weird, I was expecting to feel heavy and achey and all that, but I finished work on Friday feeling absolutely fine and looking forward to some time off, by Sunday could barely walk! On Tues the midwife actually thought I was already in labour! I had a moment of bliss between about 5am and 7am this morning where the pain vanished (but I was too awake to sleep by that point so I just laid there), got out of bed and doubled over again 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • 7pm is late yes, but like you say if it’s going to take a while guess makes sense to start overnight. Hope you’re not in too much pain now or if you are that you’re able to rest up, not always easy though. 
  • @Dizzyd still a huge amount of pain but at least not the water infection pain! They gave me codeine in the hospital but when I asked if I was allowed to take co codamol when it was bad they said I can but if I take it for 3 days then we have to stay in an extra 12 hours for observation so I'm using that as an incentive to just stick to paracetamol and a lot of resting! My husband is being really good and makes sure I have everything I need :)
  • DizzydDizzyd Regular
    edited Feb 26, 2021 6:57PM
    @CurrentCatMum I wonder if it’s because it’s a stronger painkiller. That’s good that your husband is being so helpful! 

I went for a little walk this afternoon so hoping if can be a bit more active that may help too :smile:
  • DizzydDizzyd Regular
    edited Feb 27, 2021 8:31PM
    Hope things are going okay for you both @Bethany12 and @CurrentCatMum

Any progress @Catlady220
  • Thanks @Dizzyd.. just started induction process, this could take some time!!
  • How are you getting on @Bethany12 and @CurrentCatMum?
  • Hope everyone is okay! Officially March which is our due date month woop 🙌💗💙
  • @Dizzyd baby Sophie was born today, weighing 8lb 12! We just made it in to March!! Am exhausted and surprised (I have been convinced I was having a boy) but so in love 😍