Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2022

Due in March 2022

13»

Replies

• Hey ladies! How are you both doing? 

Got a nice bump going on now ☺️ And baby is very active! Husband has felt the kicks too so he’s very happy! 

Still haven’t bought a lot but putting in a lot of research for prams etc. They are just so expensive! 

Hope you are both keeping well? Xx
  • Hiya! I’m all good Thankyou so is little one! Had my 20 week scan today and he is definitely a boy still he made that very clear! Scan went really well everything is normal. 

These past few days have been the first time I’ve felt movement in my tummy and it’s the weirdest feeling ever!  

I’ve bought a lot of clothes for him but nothing else, I popped into John Lewis to look at prams and I couldn’t believe the prices either😱 I think I have found the one I like but I definitely need to search a little more. 

Hope everyone else is keeping well🥰xx
  • Hello both of you!

I've been doing fine, still suffering with horrendous heartburn which I think is going to be here for the duration of the pregnancy. I've sorted my maternity leave at work, so with holidays and what not my last day is 11th Feb and I am impatiently counting them down!

I've bought a few baby grows, I'm going to go through all the old baby clothes we still have to see if we have any newborn things.

Are you all ready for Christmas?? I'm so excited! I've started wrapping presents today and we're putting gip the tree this weekend. I can't wait, I love Christmas. 
  • This thread is so so quiet. But not long to go now! Just over a week till due date!

How are you @khw and @missl2898 have you both got everything sorted? 
  • Hiii! @Jojofrog yeah doing really well 38 weeks now! Cannot wait to meet my baby girl. I’ve been having weekly growth scans the last 4 weeks so I’ve seen so much of her 🥰

Due to my low Papp-a I’m not allowed to go past due date so I’ve got a sweep booked on Wednesday and then an induction on the 2nd March! So really not long to go! 

How are you feeling? It’s so exciting now isn’t it! Xx
  • Oh wow @khw  So potentially you'll be the first to have your baby! So exciting!! I've also been having growth scans, they've just started to become weekly, but baby isn't too big or small so I'm confused as to why I'm having t@khw

I'm excited and nervous, I'm not sure how to manage having 2, plus the newborn stage is awful 😅. My daughter is super excited and keeps singing about how there's only 2 more weeks to go!

I can choose to be induced if I want, but I think I'm just gonna let baby decide when it wants to arrive. Can't deny that I'm a bit fed up and ready to have it now though aha 
  • Hope everything has gone okay for you @khw and you've got your gorgeous girl in your arms!

I'm being induced on Sunday as I've been diagnosed with ICP and am also not allowed to go over my due date. So by this time next week I'll be a mumma of 2! Scary times 
  • @Jojofrog yes my girl is here! Baby Eleanor 💜 she arrived yesterday morning. She decided she couldn’t wait for induction at midday so put mummy into natural labour at 3am! I woke up and was 4cm. By 8 am I was 9cm and by 10.50 she was here! All on gas and air.  Unfortunately I did suffer a third degree tear but so I’m still in hospital but I’m already in love with her 🥰🥰 

I had a lovely chilled morning all planned out before induction too with a lovely breakfast. Instead I was chugging down cheerio’s at 3am between contractions in case I wasn’t allowed to eat! 

good luck for your induction! Good it all goes smoothly! Xxx
  • Wow @khw! That's incredible! I absolutely love the name Eleanor, it was on our short list as well!

My induction happened on Sunday with the balloon catheter (they tried twice to insert it but I have an awkward cervix so a Dr attempted and was successful on the third try thank goodness) I was kept in overnight because of my previous section so they could keep an eye on me and baby. On Monday they broke my waters as the balloon catheter had been successful and fell out the previous night. Again they had to get a Dr to break my waters because my body is just awkward, I think they were broken at about 11am ish. Not entirely sure, was on gas and air whilst they were trying to get them. I was incredibly lucky that the sister midwife allowed my partner onto the labour ward before my waters were broken because she felt sorry for me haha. 

I was allowed to try and start labour on my own for a bit, but again because of the previous section I had to be continously monitored so they couldn't let me go on too long incase it put too much pressure on my scar, I ended up on a hormone drip to regularise the contractions, i think they were about to increase it again when I told them not too and that's when they checked my cervix and I'd gone from 1cm to 10cm (no idea how long this took)

I had a shot of pethadine at some point 😂 but was pretty much just on gas and air, and my beautiful baby boy was born at 17:39pm on 7/3/22 weighing a hefty 8lb 12oz.

I had a first degree tear which was stitched and we were back home on Tuesday, just shy of him being 24hrs old.

I'm absolutely over the moon, heidi is besotted with him and has already sang him happy birthday, read him stories, drawn him a picture and has fed him. So he's a very lucky little boy to have such a doting big sister. We've decided to call him Chester and we're all so in love.

Sorry for the essay, tried to be as informative as I could!

Hope everything is okay with you @missl2898