Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2016

Replies

• Hey bex! I'm also due my first on may the 5th according to the due date calculators :D I've already been to the doctors (I found out a week ago today) he says the 7th of may though. How are you feeling? It's so exciting isn't it!! 

• I feel great...I haven't really had many symptoms yet to be honest but I'm sure I have all that to come. I'm so excited, I want to start buying things lol. I'm going to wait until after the 12 week scan I think :-)

• Good :D I'm more tired than usual and seem to be eating more too but I'll need to calm down on that, don't want a 10 pounder! Haha. Yeah me too lol, I keep seeing pregnant women and newborn babies everywhere I go. It doesn't help that my work sells baby clothes, I can't stop staring at them lol. Will wait until the 12 week scan though so I can see everything is going well :) are you in the UK? 

• Oh I know lol...I keep seeing pregnant women everywhere now ha. Yes I'm in uk, Gloucestershire. how about you? Are you going to find out what you're having?

• Haha. Yeah I'm in Scotland. Yeah we will find out, I don't think I have the willpower to not know haha. Can't wait to get the room decorated and buy clothes and pick a name. Eeek! I have a strong feeling it's going to be a girl though. What about yourself, will you find out?

• Haa yep I'm exactly the same...I have to know! Ive also got a strong feeling it will be a girl. Literally cannot wait to buy cute little outfits and decorate the nursery. Its going to be a long few months waiting for her (or his) arrival!

• Yeah it sure is gunna be a while! Although people always say their pregnancies fly by, so fingers crossed it's the same for us haha. It's not so bad when you say it in months but my doctor told me the other day how many weeks I have left and it sounded like forever! 

• Yeah fingers crossed it goes quickly. Have you told any of your family yet? I cant wait to tell my Mum and my friends (who all know ive been trying for the last 4 months lol)

• Yeah I've told my family, my husbands family and my best friend. We have been trying for 11 months :O

• Hi Bex1982, huge congratulations and welcome!

• Hey all! 

How are we all? 

Been into toys r us today, having a nose around the baby section also trying out the travel systems. Some of them, wow the price is what I could get a car for! I think I defo will be keeping an eye out for a well looked after second hand model. I know I should be concentrating on getting to the 12 week mark but it's so hard not to have a look and check things out

• Oooh I know, I'm desperate to go shopping! The 12 week mark seems sooo long away.

• Hey aromaticmist :) I'm good thanks. Really tired though. How are you getting on? Haha I've been seeing things on the Internet and having a wee nosey but not getting too interested in them yet until the 12 week mark, then I will go buck wild and probably need to set up a loan from the bank hahaha. I got an app on my phone the other day called pregnancy+ it's really good, tells you week by week what changes your baby and your body is going through and shows a picture each week of what your baby looks like in the womb. It's amazing to read the process of it all. I highly recommend it if yous haven't already got it :) 

• Ooo yeah I downloaded it as soon as I got my bfp, it's good to keep a record on everything as well like weight gain, baby names and stuff. I love it! I've been feeling ok imo, not been sleeping well though which is making me feel tired but I don't think I feel any more tired than I usually would be. The waves of nausea are getting to me though, I really don't handle well with feeling icky :( 

Oh and Hi btw bex, welcome to the May group :) I think we'll all have to keep an eye on sales and things so we can all let each other know where the bargains are image

• Thanks!! Hopefully my sis will have lots of bits and bobs she can loan me as she had twins last October... A boy and a girl! Hope everyone is well today :-) 

• I love it too aromaticmist, it'll come in handy over the next 8 months! The ovia one is good also, don't know if you've heard of it? But when baby develops their hands it shows you every week how big their hands have grown, which I find so cute haha. Ah I'm the complete opposite, I can't stop sleeping haha. Haven't had much nausea yet, tiny bits here and there. Found out last night my mother in law has told everyone at her work that I'm pregnant, which I'm very angry about! 

That's pretty handy then bex! :) I wonder if you'll have twins too

• Oh, thought I should explain why I'm so angry that my mother in law has been telling everyone at her work. It's a long story though haha! So, my husband has a little girl from a previous relationship, she's 4, 5 in novemver. Her birth mother didn't want her and I have been in her life since she was roughly 7 months old she she has grown up with me being the mother figure in her life and has always chosen to call me mummy (no one told her that's who I am, she just decided herself to call me that) anyway, I have adopted her (it's almost complete) but she still sees her birth mothers parents (her Nana and papa) her Nana works with my mother in law and she is the last person we wanted to tell to be honest. After 4 and a half years being with my husband she's only just started to accept me. Now I don't know if she knows or not and I don't want her going back and telling our daughter as we are leaving it a surprise for her when we get our first scan. Why can't people just keep a secret! Arrgh.

• Hi all welcome Bex.. 

Ohh I could so easily sleep till 12 weeks

What did you do bank holiday?? ohhh well I slept alday only to wake and eat aload of KFC then go bk to sleep im such a lazy pig atm is unreal..  My poor daughter hasn't really done much these holidays I've just not had the energy feel so bad...  I'm sure she will be happy though to learn the reason why when I've had my 12 week scan.... 

Ive already chose my pram its the same as I had for my daughter but monochrome the silver cross 3d 

Officially 5 weeks 1 day so happy to be in a new bracket xx

• I take it the silver cross 3d is good emzyg? I love the look of it and would love to get it for our baby but heard mixed reviews. Is it good for tall people? I'm 5ft 11 husband is 6ft 5 

• Oh bex that's handy! Babies grow out of clothes so quickly they don't have time to wear them out so I bet your sisters got loads of stuff!

Oh imo, I'd be cross as well! It's not her place at all to be telling anyone! We've kept it from certain family members though because of that exact reason. Have you told her not to say anything to your little girl? Bet those hormones don't help with the temper, I've been a right old stroppy mare lol

I quite like the joie chrome but I don't think I can justify spending that amount image  it could all change by 12 weeks when I know everythings ok and my credit card makes an appearance image