Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2016

Replies

• I'm so cross aromaticmist! Although I just found out my daughters Nana no longer works with my mother in law as of recently so I feel a bit better about knowing she probably won't find out now, that was my biggest concern. Still annoyed at my mother in law for telling the whole of her work though and quite disappointed in her as she told me she wouldn't tell anyone so I thought I could trust her! Haha I've been a bit of a strop too and I cried yesterday because I was tired hahaha. I think if I had spoken to her about it face to face I would have been angrier but I just text her and said what I had to say because I don't want to be stressing about it. I told her not to tell my daughter and she promised she won't :)

• Well fingers crossed she now keeps it buttoned, especially after you've told her

I know about emotions, I gave my husband a call at work for a chat and he told me he was busy. I just started to cry hahaha. I'm trying not to tantrum too much though, even though the littlest of things annoy the hell out of me. He took a day off work today so he could watch the kids while I went to work, then we went to town to finish off school uniforms and to get my sons eyes tested (he's been having headaches across the forehead recently) we got home and he thought he deserved a nap for 'walking round town' 

I felt like punching him in the kahoonas, cheeky bugger! Theres me with a 4.45 start and not actually stopping till an hour ago and the poor sod needs a nap lol

He seems to have forgotten I'm also currently building a child, aren't men wonderful creatures pahaha

• Oooo I've changed my name as well, I bet aromaticmist is a right bum to type. Stuck my name in there so you can all just call me Kate ;)

• Hoping so! Haha

Oh my haha, bless you. I'd be annoyed if my husband went for a nap after a day off and walking round town as well! I've been craving ham and Boiled egg sandwiches from tesco, they are delish! My husband said he'd get me one on his way home from work but he got me a reduced one! :O a reduced sandwich for a pregnant woman! Surely I'm worth more than that to him hahaha, almost had an emotional break down so I took myself for a wee nap. How pathetic lol, this emotional journey is gunna be fun!

Haha, men sure are a delight! Where would we be without them though eh. 

Do you feel little cramps and twinges here and there? I do and I always get a fright and panic a little bit although I've read it's normal in early pregnancy. It lasts just a matter of seconds though 

• It definitely feels like its stretching down there! It's a mixture of that and a dull ache. It feels like it now actually, I've just shoved a so much food in there though, not sure if that makes a difference haha. I literally piled the plate with veggies as that's what I seem to want, fresh veg with a bit of butter. I could eat it by the bowlful! But I love veg anyway, I just wish I didnt top that up with carbs... then a chocolate dessert pot. Whoops! 

Eating is my favourite! I must remember to do it all in moderation I don't wanna end up like sumo sam in 8 months lol! 

I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering with the mental breakdowns either, want these 12 weeks to go quickly or I may kill someone!

• It's such a weird feeling isn't it. Glad I'm not the only one and it seems normal though, I just don't know what to expect because I've never been pregnant before. 

That's something else I wanted to ask you, when the doctors take bloods for the first time, how long does it take? How much blood do they take etc? When I went to see my doctor a week ago he didn't do any tests as I had 2 positive hpt he said there was no doubt in his mind I'm pregnant so I'm going back 2 weeks tomorrow for a blood test and antenatal appointment. I'm petrified of needles though so if I know what to expect I can kind of mentally prepare myself.

I love eating too! Veg is yum, broccoli is my favourite. Wanted to try butternut squash and aubergines but I have no idea what to do with them haha.

Yeah i can't wait for the 12 weeks to go by, start getting a bump and be in the next stage of pregnancy :D my moods and emotions have just started to play up in the past 2 days. I'm up and down like a yo-yo! 

• Hi Imo14 - I was totally scared of needles until my last pregnancy/MMC when I got over it pretty quickly. My fear stemmed from it being really hard to get blood from me. It won't take long - a few seconds. Top tips: drink loads beforehand so your veins are hydrated, keep warm so veins are near surface, ask to lie down if you're nervous & don't look at the needle!  You will be fine :-)

I'm still getting quite a few cramps but my husband keeps trying to tell me they are a positive thing. He's said it so many times now that I am beginning to believe him!! I'm just really anxious after having a MMC a few months ago.

Xx

• Hey esspee! Thanks so much for your advice. My fear stemmed from a bad experience when I was 3 or 4 years old. I accidently got dirty water in my mouth and turned very dehydrated, my veins were so bad they couldn't get a drip in anywhere and after ages of trying different places they found a vein in the side of my foot next to my ankle but I was in such a state my dad had to lay across my legs and the nurse had to hold my arms down so they could get it in. Ever since I haven't been a fan of needles haha! I explained to the doctor last week and he gave me some numbing cream to put on an hour before I go because if I feel the needle touch me I'll freak out. Gunna taken I pod so I can listen to music and my mum is coming to hold my hand and calm me down if needed lol, I'm such a worse! Thanks for your tips as well though, made me feel better about it:D

Yeah I tell myself it's just everything growing and getting ready to accommodate a growing baby:D xx

• Worse was meant to say woose haha

• I find blood tests interesting, I watch the needle go in and the blood come out hahaha yes, I'm odd! Hopefully you'll get someone understanding and they'll do it in your own time, I'm sure they're used to it though and will understand. Good idea with the ipod! And its over pretty quickly :)

• Hahaha, that is very strange Kate :p yeah when I saw the doctor last week he just kind of laughed to himself but in a nice way if that makes sense lol. He had a look at my arms to see if my veins look good and gave me some numbing cream. He was nice :) 

Also is it true you need a full bladder when you get your first scan?

• Yeah they say drink lots before you go, then you pee in a test bottle and they check for something or another... I did all this a long time ago I cant remember much so not very helpful :p

• Ah okay. Haha, any little bits of advice or tips are helpful to us first timers! 

• Morning everyone hope you're all well. Just wondering if anyone else is having no pregnancy symptoms yet? I'm so paranoid that this isn't normal? I know its early days but would've thought I might have a couple of symptoms by now?

• Try not to worry bex, everyone's different! I can feel my uterus stretching its so odd bit I think that's because I've had previous pregnancies. My nausea only hits when I don't eat, which I often forget to do I'm a nightmare and my boobs only hurt when I really squeeze them lol I'm guessing that's gonna happen to everyone though lol! Other than that I don't have any symptoms, I'm waiting to feel exhausted which hasn't happened yet thankfully :)

• sorry for late replies! been busy busy and welcome newcomers! anything new symptom wise? also check out facebook selling sites i've just purchased like 30 baby grows for £20... bargain! just hope its a girl xD hahaha!!! how are you all? :D xxx

• Hi pinkfan89 - sounds like a bargain! I've been feeling really shivery & extra tired today - going to have an early night which hopefully will help! Have veered from being really lovey-dovey with husband to now being grumpy & tetchy. Almost feel sorry for him! Hormones!

• I'm the same, I think I'm grumps because I'm tired though. Hoping I actually sleep tonight, been having really broken nights, not sure if it's because I'm worrying that everything is going to be ok. Until the 12 week scan we really don't know what's going on in there and it's scaring me!

• its weird thought isn't it something that's so small is making you feel so bloomin tired xD and make you go to the toilet every couple of hours. but it'lll be worth it though :D 

5 weeks 4 days currently and loving it :) xxx

• Yes Imo I loved my silver cross but everyone's different my friend who's pregnant think I should go more modern like icandy or bugaboo but I'm a simple girl lol n that made me laugh about the sandwich lol 

And Kate that is sooo much easier lol...  Omg I had a complete melt down yest I could've actually attacked my after half and daughter omg she is playing me up rotten lately bring on next week when she starts school I feel mean for saying it but i need a little break I've been soo stressed I just wanna relax.. 

I'm loving veg aswell weird ay I'm sure it will change lol..  My symptoms have calmed alot I don't feel preg at all now :( 

Sorry for the long post but I need to vent on this in another site they didn't agree with me at all n made me feel shit.. my cousin has just had a scan and shes 7 weeks and she rang me straight away and sent me a pic which was nice n then next minute she announced it on Facebook n i was shocked as really thought her and her mum wouldve waited till 12 weeks please tell me if I'm being selfish but I just think it's silly as so early I know everyone is different I personally won't announce on there till I'm 12 weeks but can't believe how crap they made me feel am I wrong???  Xx