Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2016

Due in May 2016

Replies

• Hi everyone. I'm after a bit of advice today...basically I've been using the digital tests to see if it links up with when I conceived. However even though I'm now over 5 weeks pregnant its still coming up with 2-3. I'm sure it should be 3+ by now? Anyone experienced anything similar?

• Hey bex :) my husband bought me the what to expect when you're expecting book and it has a chart of normal hcg levels at certain weeks of pregnancy and there is quite a jump between them. It says that the numbers in the book and anywhere in between is totally fine and your pregnancy is progressing as it should. So maybe yours are just on the lower side of the scale as the 3 in the 2-3 weeks is still 5 weeks pregnant. So I wouldn't worry at all unless you're in pain or have any sign of blood :) xx

• Here's a picture I found on Google of the hcg levels, you can see there's quite a jump in normal numbers. Hope this has helped :) xximage

• Thank you so much...I honestly had no idea there could be such a big variation in hcg levels. I feel much less worried now so thanks again.x

• Welcome newcomers and congratulations 

I went drs today finally after 3 weeks of waiting it really isn't a good idea finding out so early.

Midwife rang me and booked me for really scan which I'm happy about and I have appointment with her on the 18th to do bloods they are also worried about my iron levels as was on the verge of anemic a while ago so drs put me on another course of folic acid as apprantly the pregnecare ones aren't enough for me only for baby.

It's all gonna get real :) 

My little girl starts school tomorz im prob gonna boo but happy as she's add oio excited. 

Hope everyone's good xx  

• It's no problem bex :) I had no idea there could be such a big gap either until I came across it in that book, I found it quite interesting! It's such a great book, goes week by week and month by month, tells you everything you need to know AND it's only  £8 on amazon instead of £16! Bargain haha xx

Aw that's so exciting emzyg! I hope I get offered an early scan haha. Have you told your little girl or are you saving it until your 12 week scan? Good luck for her starting school tomorrow! Take a couple of tissues with you haha xx 

• Thank u Imo you just got to blag it and say you don't know when ur last period was..  I was on cerelle so never had periods but I did have one but I just wanna know everything's ok as happened so quick plus I'm a twin I need to know there's only one in there lol... 

Not told her yet but she came drs with me so I said im talking to Dr about getting a baby  so she already thinks there's one coming so gonna tell her when had this scan only prob be 8 weeks though but I can't keep it from her anymore..  Def gonna need tissues lol xx

• Aahright, I've already told the doctor when my last period was so he will probably tell the midwife? I just can't wait to see him/her and see their wee heartbeat :D 

Aww lovely! Do you think she'll be excited? I have been seeing a lot of videos in Facebook recently of little boys or girls who find out they're going to be big brothers or sisters and it's literally the sweetest thing ever! Does no good for my emotions haha xx

• I am feeling really down today - I've had painful lower back ache and I'm worrying that it's another MC. My family keep telling me to stay positive but it is so hard :-(  if it persists tomorrow I will make an appointment with my GP & ask for a scan 

• Aww esspee :( keep your chin up and think positive, it could just be growing pains! Try not to get too upset although I'm sure it's easier said than done. Keep us posted on how you get on and remember we're always here if you need a chat! Xx

• The scans seem so far away don't they ladies, time seems to be dragging! Do they still do it at 12 weeks? 

Esspee don't worry to much, go and see your gp today and fingers crossed they'll put you in for an early scan to put your mind at rest. Let us know how you get on!

• I think it is 12 weeks they do it at kate. Seems so far away buuuut we're half way there haha. I've been watching baby nursery tours and new born hauls on YouTube to get ideas because as soon as I've stepped foot out the hospital after the scan and if everything's okay, my husband and I are hitting the town to start shopping. I get paid twice next month and don't have to pay any bills at all with one of them so all that money can go towards baby :D xx

• Unfortunately I lost my little pea today. Feel devastated but I guess its just one of those things. Hope everyone is doing good.x

• Oh Bex1982 I am so sorry for you, I know how awful it is. My thoughts are with you....look after yourself for a good while and take time to get over it. I'm here for a chat if you need it. Big hugs xx

• Aww bex! I'm so so sorry to hear that :( I hope you're okay and have lots of support around you. Keep strong xx

• Thankyou. Me and my partner have done lots of crying today but we know it obv wasn't meant to be. I'm in a lot of pain though and really hoping it will ease up soon. Ive never been through this before so don't know what to expect :-(

• Aww that's such a shame :'( what a horrible thing to have to go through. Take care of yourself and I really hope you feel better soon and your partner is okay too and looks after you! Bless yous  xx

• Yhea I Went To The Hospital & They Did an Ultrasound But Only Found The Sac I'm Worried That It Might Be A Blighted Ovum & My Hcg Levels Were About 35,000 

• Aww keyasimone I'm so sorry to hear your news too! :( can I ask, what is a blighted ovum? I've never heard that before xx

• Its when a fertilized egg implants in the uterus but doesn't develop into an embryo & you have all the signs of pregnancy because your body is still producing the hcg hormone but im really hoping & praying that this isn't what's going on