Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2016

Replies

• Ah I see. That's horrible how your body can trick you like that. I hope you're okay! How will you know if that's what's happening?  Will they do tests or anything? 

•  You're right & yes I have to go back for another ultrasound & to see if my hcg levels have doubled

• Bex1982, we're so sorry, we've PMed you x

• Aww you must be so scared and anxious keyasimone! I've got my fingers crossed for you that's it's a good outcome. Keep your chin up and let us know how you get on! 

• Yes I am & Thank you so much imo14 !

• Thank you. How do I access private messages?x

• Press the pink person looking button which is top right of your screen (See pic below) x

• Hi all. Sorry to hear about things now going to plan guys. I got my bfp about a week ago with 15th May as my estimated due date. I can't stop worrying something will go wrong. I guess we all just have to go with the flow. 

I have an appointment with my GP on Wednesday. I'm going to ask if they can do an early scan just to put my mind at ease. Does anyone know how much a early scan will cost roughly if I do privately?

Good luck ladies, I hope types of you who's journeys haven't gone smoothly that everything works out for you in the long run.

• Hey phillisdsa congrats on your bfp :D it's very exciting isn't it! My due date is may 5th but I'm also terrified something will go wrong. I'm so scared to go for our scan incase there's no baby there :( but I keep telling myself if that was to happen then there's a reason for it and there's nothing I can do about it anyway. I'm just hoping so hard that this baby sticks and is healthy :) 

I also have my gp appointment on Wednesday to get bloods taken and an antenatal appointment booked. I've also been thinking of asking for an early scan to put my mind at rest. Where abouts are you from? You can Google how much it would cost in your area and it should tell you the clinics you can get it done at and how much it would cost 

• Hi Phillisdsa, welcome to MadeForMums. We've found that from lots of ladies in the Birth Clubs who have early scans, they vary from £60-100.

• Hi Ladies,

I have just found out I am pregnant on Monday just gone. My last period was 23rd of August. I have taken the clear blue test and it says I am 2-3 weeks which means I must have caught on straight after my period? I'm not quite sure?

I have just started taking folic acid. 

I am a smoker And finding it really hard to stop. Does anyone know if the E-cigs with no nicotine will be safe? I don't enjoy smoking at all but it's the habit of having something in my hand at certain times.

• Thanks guys... I didn't even think to Google it. I now have and luckily there is a place just 5 min from me. I'll ask nicely at the GP on Wednesday first. 

I'm a heath professional that works with kids with disabilities so I'm a little anxious as I see daily what happens when things go wrong. Sometimes too much knowledge isn't helpful.

Paulab84 - I would honestly speak to your GP... I think nicotine replacement therapy is OK in pregnancy.  I think I would be worried about the chemicals in the vapes/ecigs personally. But I guess it can't be any worse that cigarettes. They will hopefully be able to advise you on the best course of action for your situation. 

• I have cut down, it's just the certain ones I struggle with. 

The midwife doesn't want to see me till I am 8 weeks so I have a whole to wait! 

• I'm sure you can book in to see your GP before you see your midwife regarding the smoking...

• Hi Paulab84, welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations! Deffo book an appointment with your GP - they might even have a smoking clinic at your local practice who should be able to help.

• Thank you! I am calling them tomorrow, I need to speak to them as I have had a pain in my ovaries area and a water infection!!! 

• I've done some reading into it, I think nicotine free vapes are ok to use. I went onto those after I quit for a few days and struggled as they just made me feel sick so I did it cold turkey, it's been 10 days and I feel back to normal. The urges have gone from numerous times a day to barely anything now. I've tried in the past and lasted a week which was the longest, this time though I'm in a completely different mindset and it seems to of been what's made the difference! Telling myself, well you might want one but your not going to have one so just forget it. Urges only last a few mins then you forget again :) I hope this helps a bit to help you quit. I've been wanting to for a long time and finally managed it and found it quite easy which I struggled to get my head around as I struggled so much trying to quit before. Anyway I'm rabbiting on haha 

Congratulations to all of the newbs anyway!!! Is anyone else bloated.... like looking 4 months gone already?! I feel fat :(

• I'm bloated also kate! When I look down I can barely see my thighs haha. Hoping it settles down before I start getting a bump in a month or so time or else I'll look massive lol. I can't quite wrap my head around the thought of there being a little human inside me growing away! It's absolutely amazing. 

It's my husband and I one year wedding anniversary on Saturday so we are going up to Glasgow for the day. I might have to pop into mothercare for a little nosey around at all the cute baby stuff! We have nothing like that in the town where I'm from. Glasgow is the closest. 

• Hi everyone, I just found out im pregnant with my 4th child 6th pregnancy i am Due May 3 by my LMS but I had woke up to a very small amount of brown discharge/old blood look and went to Dr they did a early scan and said the baby is in my uterus and has a heart beat also noticed a cyst on my right ovarie and found a UTI and told me it looked like i was less than 5 weeks but everything looked ok ive not ever had pregnancy with any blood or discharge  But im in no pain and my question us has anyone ever experianced this before I just need reassurance its only when i wipe never enough to need a pad but still scary! Next apt is Next Monday

• Hiya 3tnboys, welcome to MadeForMums and congrats on your pregnancy. Have you got a mix of boys and girls right now? Please do let us know how your next appointment goes.