Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2016 - Part 2

Replies

• Hi philisda

glad to hear your feeling better after such a horrible time I can't imagine what you have been going through. 

I hope your rainbow baby dosent keep you waiting to long Keep us posted 

😘😘

• Thanks Chamilto

X

• Hi phillipsda. 

Hope everything was okay? Your very brave for returning after something so heartbreaking has happened. What a beautiful name. Please keep us your journey to your rainbow baby xx

• Hi Phillisdsa,

I'm really glad that you're beginning to feel better now - thank you for staying in touch.

Wishing you all the best with TTC - keep us informed!!

x

Little jacob Showed us his face for the first time ever!!! hes a big boy measuring 35 weeks im only 32 weeks eeek!! 

• Hi everyone, how are you all doing?

Hi everyone, we wondered how you're doing and hope you're hanging in there?

While you're waiting for your baby to make their grand entrance into the World, and have some time on your hands (let's be honest, things are about to get a whole lot busier very soon for you!) would you fancy unpacking your hospital bag and taking a pic of what's inside for us? We're giving away prizes too - and yup, that's a total bribe!!!! The thread you need to post your pics on is OVER HERE!

• Well 26 days until due date and My dr did the group b strep test today and checked my cervix again I'm now 2 cm and he said that if I do not deliver by April 25 th which will be my 39 week that he will induce me and I can pick the date lol I say sooner the better lol no I want my Baby boy healthy! Had my shower this past weekend and now everything is in place to bring Baby Atlee into this world and into our lives! All my other 3 boys are excited! 

• Just curios 3tnboys where do you live??  I'm in the uk and they don't evem check to see if your dilating until you are in labour. does everyone get tested for strep b? And I haven't even been offered whopping cough vaccine yet I'm 32 weeks will ask them when I see them next week! X

• Phillisdsa sorry for the late response,  still can't imagine what you've been through and you are very brave to be back on the chat wishing us all good luck. It must help to of had his funeral and be able to slowly start getting things back to how they were! X 

Chamilto I have never been checked and as far as I know I won't be until I am in labour. I'm also from the UK.  Ask about your whooping cough, I had mine at 31 weeks so your due to have it done about now more than likely! 

I'm 35 weeks+3 and at my app yesterday I was told little miss is 3/5th engaged so hopefully she will stay down in my pelvis although it's quite painful sometimes! I also went on a tour of the hospital and got to see the labour ward and midwife led labour ward...if I have her in hospital I definitely want to be in the midwife led unit as it was so much more homely...they had big sofas you birth on instead of hospital beds. 

Also going to see my local 'home from home' birthing centre in two weeks, so will then decide where to have her. But I think I'm planning on 'hfh' as you get to go home a few hours after baby is born and partner doesn't have to follow any visiting times so he can stay with me the whole time after she's arrived which is important to me!  

Does everyone else know where they want to give birth? Midwife unit or doctor led unit? 

• Hi all

phillisda so brave of you to come on here and really pleased that you're trying again. 

Chamilto i think in the uk you don't get offered the strep B test, you can pay £35 to order it online. I'm going to do that soon as I'm 34 weeks. Wish we got checked for dilation! Don't think we do until term when we can have a stretch and sweep ! 

I am planning to start off in the birth unit but expecting to have an epidural In the labour ward. i feel safer being in a hospital. 

tou should have whooping cough between 28/34 weeks I think??? Speak to the midwife as that's odd ! 

3 of my NCT friends have just had their babies! Getting very real now ! 

• I forgot they checked during stretch and sweep I didn't make it that far with my first as my son wasn't hanging around!! Lol 

i will be having lil man on the labour ward as im apparently 'high risk' only because I'm a fatty lol. 

straight after scan tuesday I had consultant and they scared the hell out of me as i had high blood pressure and protein in my uringe my doctor started telling the midwife to admit me ect saying they would need to deliever baby as they think I have pre eclampsia eventually after monitoring all day my blood pressure went back to normal and is was sent home. I've now had a mild headache since yesterday and unsire of wether I should ring or not I always had pains in tummy a little while ago but it's come and gone im sure im just being paranoid And waste there time but think I should phone again x 

• So sorry for your loss philldisa. I cannot begin to imagine what these last week's have been like for you. Such a brave woman. I wish you all the best on your rainbow baby. You deserve all the happiness. Keep us informed 

I won't get checked either until labour, Chamilto you should have been offered the whipping cough at 28 weeks. You should phone your surgery tomorrow and ask to make an appointment with the nurse. Hopefully there will be one on duty to fit you in

Xx

• Hi ladies, stayed away from this for a few days as I've been spending some quality half term time with my little girl before the new addition comes along. I spent all yesterday at the hospital having to be monitored as I had a fall down the stairs and couldn't feel any movements. Really got a fright, but after being hooked up to a machine for a while, everything was ok with our new baby girl and they let me come home. Feeling so grateful right now, especially after reading the posts from the brave lady who suffered the miscarriage. Wishing you all the luck in the world while you TTC again. 

6 weeks til D Day! 🙈 😍💕

• Chamilto I live in United States and they do not start checking until last month and they do it and strep B test at 36 weeks and will check each week til delivery and yes everyone here is required to be checked for strep b here cause if you have it they have to give IV antibiotics to prevent it from hurting the baby passing thru birth canal! ;-) 

• They will do a stretch and membrane sweep for me around 38 weeks if I choose to to help jump start labor but I'm high risk and the always induce me as I had a stillborn 15 yrs ago so all my kids do not go full 40 weeks

• Well I went to hospital last night with headaches and sore tummy and they kept me in as I had high blood pressure they ended up giving me tablets to bring my blood pressure down now waiting to see Wat they are going to do. This pregnancy hates me lol xx

• Awww sweetie Ill say prayers for ya. My last pregnancy was like that everything that could go wrong felt like it was. Good luck Chamilto

• Thank you 3tnboys there keeping me in and reviewing me again in the morning to see what my blood pressure does through the day xx 

• Hi Chamilto hope everything is still going okay?? 

I had my midwife app this week...she has told me that I have put on too much weight, I've put on around 2 and a half stone and I'm 36 weeks tomorrow. And if they were to base me off my weight now I would be classed as 'high risk' I have never been slim, I have always had curves, but my build is just very heavy. I went swimming yesterday and easily outswam my partner who is slim and pretty healthy.  

I've cut back on all my food and have eaten nothing but fruit, veg, meat and home cooked meals since my app. It has really upset me because I don't feel like I should be 'high risk'.... 

anybody else experienced anything similar? 

• hey im home now thank God :) having blood pressure checked twice a week to keep eye on it for now. 

Im high risk have been from day one because of weight and ive put on 2 stone. Personally if your now only classed as high risk I wouldn't worry to much with only 4 weeks left xx