Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2016 - Part 2

Replies

• What a few days it's been,  

The results of x ray showed that It wasn't a clot in the lung! Had an ultrasound to see if it was gall stones, results came back couldn't see anything. Apart from my liver and kidneys looking inlarged (but they've decided not to do further tests until baby is here). Havnt slept for the past few nights. Been given many painkillers nothing is helping my side not even oromorph :( still have a resting heart rate of 130. & by mine being on the high side its causing the little ones heart rate to be high also ! consultant done his rounds of the ward and said they've done all they can I just have to bare the pain. And sent me home. 

Not happy at all :( in agony when I breathe in and the littlest of movements! 

Also told him I was concerned about delivery as I feel my body won't be capable of delivery due to the savere pain in my side. And he just said "he can't see why I can't deliver naturally" 

I've booked in now to see the other consultant in 2 weeks time (my 38th week) just to put my mind at ease a little and to have a chat about methods of delivery etc. 

Just feeling down in the dumps, in agony and fearing the next few weeks. The littlest of movements I'm tearing up with the pain. 

Hope your ok chamilto!! Have they sent you home with a monitor so you can check your own blood pressure and notify if any major changes? 

xxx

• Hope all u ladies are doing ok :( Sounds like a few of you are having a rough week. Not long to go for us all now :) My tummy is so tight today, it feels like it's about to rip open. It's really itchy and I'm trying my best not to tear my skin off 😫 Any of you ladies got stretch marks yet? I've been quite lucky and not had many (yet) but I don't even care if I do. It will all be worth it when we hold our babbas xx

• Well I'm 37 weeks 4 days now and my dr has booked my induction for April 29 th if my son doesn't decide to come sooner because where I'm high risk the Drs NEVER let me get to 40 weeks or over! But so far other than just feeling tired all the time I've been doing OK! Having contractions daily now some painful some not but nothing in pattern! My scan this week showed him already weighing over 7lbs lol he's gonna be a big boy! I'm so excited and nervous and mixed feelings and even though he's my 4th  baby seems I'd be a pro lol I'm so scared something will go wrong :-( I hope everyone else is getting along well!

• Ow dear bet124 you seem to be having a really rough time atm :( just rest as much as you can and try to relax. If the pain gets to much just keep going back! They can't just turn you away. 

No they haven't given me anything just got to keep going up the hospital will be back up there tomorrow it's just frustrating as I never no when there going to decide to keep me in. 

Shellington I have hundreds of stretch marks 😂 I got so many with my son I didn't even bother trying to avoid them this time 

3tnboys eeek not long left for you then! Can I ask why are you high risk? I'm marked as high risk due to high bmi at last scan he was measuring 3 weeks ahead so they have mentioned depending on scan on 3rd may and how big he is wether they will induce me but now the high blood pressure has developed I wonder if that will give them more reason to want to xx

• I have tons of stretch marks too! My hip's and belly are covered! I have a few on my boobs, and lots on the Inner thighs and back of my knees! But I had loads already from puberty on my hips and thighs which faded so hopefully these will fade quickly too!

• Anyone else keep spying on due in April there babies are so cute and reading there stories are getting me excited!! 🙊🙊🙊

• Chamilto..i am doing the exact same thing. Hehehehe. I went in for a scan 2 days ago at 31+5 and was measuring 2 weeks ahead.  The baby is weighing in at 4.4lbs which i think is good at this stage. I guess i may be popping a big baby. My first son was 9.2lbs and second was 6.6lbs at 35weeks gestation. I really want a big baby cuz its damn easy to handle. So ladies try to hang in there for as long as possible. Its def worth it. 

• Ow God back at the hospital today to have blood pressure checked and its ok atm however they have found protein in my urine so yet another blood test and wait for the doctor who surprise surprise is in theatre (which obviously im not a cow i understand thats more important) another takeaway on the way home it will be tonight xx 

• Chamilto I'm high risk because My first baby was stillborn at 28 weeks it was my only daughter! My husband and his ex wife lost a little girl also when she was 5 months to Spina Bifida so they just wanna make sure my body doesn't get stressed to cause stress on baby and they want catch anything early if something was to happen!

• Ow bless Ya 3tnboys that's awful can't imagine what you went through atleast they are keeping a close eye on you now 😘😘 x 

• I have a very strange question!! 

At night time is anyone else's bump like double the size! At night time im massive and Rock hard in the morning my bump shrinks lol why is this happening xx 

i actually notice it's hard when I wake up in the morning - as if she's stretching out ! 

Have had my baby shower this weekend - was lovely and I had some great presents too. Have updated the nursery and done a lot of sorting. 

Just excited for her arrival now!! 2 weeks left at work. Hope everyone is well. 

• Coxy, that nursery is amazing! 😍 Ours isn't ready yet, still loads of stuff to sort out before I can add pics. Had a really tough day today, had to use my crutches for the first time :( Stupid SPD. Been in agony on my left side and can't put any weight on it without it being too painful. Really struggling now :( xx

• Oh no that sounds horrible!! When Is your due date? hopefully won't be too much longer. im may 19, really think I'll be late though as my original date was 24 May and i absolutely know the day I ovulated as I did my temperature....so I'm thinking probably closer to end of May... 

• Coxy the nursery looks beautiful..love the baskets and the cot. 

My date is around the same as yours. As of now iv been booked for 25th of May for my csection which will be well into the 39th week. Has anyone done any recent scans and know the weight of the baby.

I had mine at 31+5 and she weighed at 2kgs. Hope thats good

• I'm the same date as you Coxy, 19th. Hoping I go a little before, but not too soon because my mum is away and she's coming in with us. I'd hate her to miss it, she was in with us when we had our first and she helped keep my partner calm more than anything. He's a proper worrier! 🙈 going to try and get an apt with the midwife for tomorrow as I'm only due to see her next week but I had a show yesterday which is a bit too early for my liking so I want her to check me over. No pains or anything as of yet so fingers and legs crossed I can wait until my mum is home! xx

• My weekly scan this week they did measurements and said my lil boy was close to 7 lbs and that was 37 weeks 2 day, Im 38 weeks now, It has been really hot here this weekend and omg the amount of pain and pressure just the past 2 days down there in my pelvic region I don't know if he is gonna be there until they induce on the 29th! Chamilto it's been 15 yrs so it's easier as each year passes but I am always scared when pregnant because of it and them doing weekly scans makes me feel so much better just for me to have a peace of mind!

•  3tnboys it's good they do the weekly scans keep you from worrying. I had an early miscarriage before this pregnancy and I was a nervous wreck to begin with I no its not the same thing though. 

At my 32 weeks scan he was measuring 35 weeks 5lb I have another scan the 3rd of May and they will decide wether to induce or not. I don't think they will need to I have the sane pressure and my pubic bone hurts everytime i move last night I was getting Braxton hicks for about an hour but we were in a car crash on way home and think it was the shock of it all xxx

• Hope your doing ok Shellington and take it easy (easier said than done sometimes) not too long to go now and you'll ha e your little one in your arms , have you phoned and spoken to anyone about the show? As my midwife keeps telling me to phone her or the hospital ward if I do have show??

Sadiaomar- I had a growth scan at week 32. My little one was weighing an estimate of 5lbs(and an average at 32 weeks is only a little over 3lbs) !! But my due date was originally 29th and every since they changed my due date to may 14th she's been measuring 2 weeks over!! But the scans are hardly accurate at all only around 30/40% my consultant said it's just a rough guide.

Just been to see the midwife, she said due to my rib pain and undsteady breathing & high pulse rate. natural delivery is out of the question and is not recommended!(which is a weight off my shoulders) Booked in to see consultant tomorrow to speak about ceserean! I'm due may 14th but midwife said they usually do it at 39 weeks? ? 

Chamilto- hope your doing ok!! And everyone involved in the crash was ok? Have you had a check up?? 

Anyone had a ceserean and can think of anything that came in handy afterwards for me to get for my hospital bag? Thankyou

Hope everyone's doing good!! Counting down the days now! Xxx

• Yes Bet124, I'm waiting to see the midwife as we speak. She's only 15 minutes late up to now, it's a good day 😂 I had to wait an hour the other week and was desperate for a wee 😂 I'll let u know what she says x