Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2017 - Part 2

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in May 2017 part 1 peeps, as the original thread has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit hard to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Hello! 

Niamh I am a staff nurse in a radiotherapy outpatients department. Work in a satellite centre of the main cancer center so it's lovely and chilled compared to my old job! Do you need to work nights or do you have option to go onto days?

I can't wait for this tiredness to move along!

Natalie x

• Hi everyone!  

Not posted for a while- I stopped getting notifications for some reason! 

Hope everyone is well. Nearly 8 weeks now and my nausea is horrible! Really struggled this week :( I told my boss this  week as I have a midwife appointment that I will need to leave early for tomorrow and she took it amazingly. 

Feeling exhausted as my hubby works away in week so it's just me to look after our little girl. Feel like all I do is work and sleep haha! X 

• I felt really sickly this morning but luckily its gone now, waiting on the other half coming back with my chips and gravy mmmm!!

xx

• I get awful nausea and often vomiting at 9pm every night. Been a tough week so far for me as my dog has vomiting and diarrhoea. So hard to clean up after her when my nose is extra sensitive and my stomach is weak. 

Really hope the pregnancy glow and good feelings start at 12 weeks. 

• Hi ladies - I posted on the previous post , did you all hear a heartbeat at your reassurance scans ? I had mine at the hospital and they said they won't listen to a heartbeat this early , confused !

• i didn't hear the heartbeat with my little girl until I was around 16 weeks xx

• Sorry Chelsea. I saw the heart fluttering at 9 weeks but didn't hear it. Can't wait until we do!

• Hi ladies.

Sorry, I've not posted for ages. So good to see most are now having scans & appointments. I'm 9 weeks today and have my second scan next Wednesday. I've been worn out during the day, can't sleep at night, continuously nauseous & sick, and I've been given anti sickness tablets. Just hoping it ends soon but doubt it as all my other pregnancies have stayed like this all the way through. 

congrats to any new bfp & hugs to all you beautiful mummies to be xxx

• Kirsty you have my sympathy! My daughter was sick last week and she's quite funny for a 4 yo. Will only throw up in the toilet! So that helps but even rubbing her back and supporting her I was gagging and leaning over the bath incase I threw up. So we'll done you managing that.

As a nurse my stomach is usually unfazable. A patient also handed in a sputum sample today and I heaved trying to fill in the lab form cos I knew how yucky it looked. Nothing glamorous about nursing or pregnancy/motherhood the books and tv all lie haha!

I'm bathed and tucked up in bed already. Daughter is fighting sleep (steriods have messed up her routine) So as soon as she is asleep I will be too lol. Flu jab has left my arm quite sore and I just feel so tired tonight.

Hope your all well. Xx

• Evening ladies, 

Im all over the place at the minute, for the first time i welled up at bake off lmao i had an awful session of nausea last night, i couldn't entertain the idea of food but hubby forced me to have soup and bread. Today I havent been able to stop eating, and nausea has buggered off again! Still haven't actually been sick so far,  but i guarantee when 10pm comes and I'm starting to get ready for bed, its all i can do not to throw up when brushing my teeth! 5 minutes later and im fine, its weird! 

Tiredness still continues and im not sure how much longer i can keep this a secret from the majority! my "fat Jeans" are getting tight and im sure if someone looked properly they would see the starts of a bump. 

Other than that, 3 weeks to 12 week scan! 

Oh and the dog has started to follow me everywhere, he waits outside the loo for me! 

• Hi all,

9 and a half weeks and i'm being driven a little nuts by this heightened sense of smell thing. Had to change my deodorant as it made me feel sick, and even my husband smells different now, a bit much for me tbh even after he showers. and when I walk outside the traffic makes me gag.

I'm also crying at stupid TV shows lol.

On the plus side my energy seems to be returning. Such a relief after feeling so tired and run down the last few weeks. 

Hope everyone has a good night xx

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• ChelseaKitty - I had my scan at 7 weeks and 4 days, saw and heard the heard beating, was amazing, but I think it does depend how far along you are. I think if you are earlier than 7 weeks, you may not be able to hear it.

No nausea for me at the moment, just a constant tiredness. In bed by 8:30 most nights. Boobs and nips are sore on and off, and now seeing a definite change in the nipples. I have small boobs, slight scared the nips will take over haha.

• Hi Ladies - constant nausea today first day I've had it so bad and so tired ! 8 weeks tomorrow. I had my scan at 7+5 they didn't even attempt to listen to the heartbeat. I assume it's the hospital that dont do it i could probably get it if I went to some other private company. 

• I've had 2 scans now, one at 7 weeks and one at 10 weeks. They didn't listen to the heartbeats at either, they just focused in and you could see the hearts flickering. 10+4 today and still feeling constantly nauseous, can't wait for this part to end. Got my first NHS scan on Tuesday (11+2), they wanted me in earlier as there are 2 babies.

• Aw what a lovely scan KMurph!

• well ladies I'm driving myself crazy with worry. iv got into my head that baby has died and can't shake the feeling off. I'm now on my way to hello baby for a last minute private scan. I'm praying for good news so I can start relaxing and enjoying. x

• Aw sweets sweetstazwhere's that thought come from? I hope all is well and you enjoy your scan!

Kmurph is it identical twins your having? Exciting having another opportunity to see babies next week. 

I have felt bit nauseous again today. Thibk it's maybe flu jab I had yesterday rather than baby. Few others in work felt same. I also had hallucinating dreams last night and kept jolting awake swatting the bed as if I was dreaming about insects. Yikes!

Hope everyone is well x

• No Milliesmummy, they are non identical, they have their own placentas and amniotic sacs which is apparently the safest way to have twins so hoping everything will be ok with them both x