Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2019

Due in May 2019

Replies

• It depends if it's a job you really want to do. Whether it will benefit you. Who knows your pregnant? If I was in your situation, grab it with both hands. You're almost 6 weeks, you could just say that u never knew you were pregnant. It's a man's world, but it wouldn't be NOTHING without a woman!! Take it. Take it. Take it. 

• Agree with Chelsea2579

GO FOR IT! You don't always get this opportunity! 

Good luck x

• Btw anyone due on 5th may?? Want to find my labour twin haha 

• I'm due on the 5th of May! I'm your twin xx

And thank you both, that's really reassuring. I do want the job and I've been head of department as cover for the past 6 months already. I just hate hiding things but it has to be done! :) x

• Good morning ladies!! 

WindraZed, any reason you believe you have twins?? do they run in your family?

Milly sorry, i have other opinion. i do agree with the girls that this is the correct thing to do - say nothing and get the job. 

But me personally, i wouldn't. not that it is wrong, i just don't feel comfortable. i was in a similar situation when pregnant with my son. i was asked to move to another much better project for a year. i told them straight away that i'm pregnant (only 6w then) and of course i didn't get the job! i don't regret it though cos they were really happy for being honest and got whatever i asked for after returning from maternity. 

any other lady with absolutely zero symptoms?? or just me? should i be worried?? 

• Hi 

So I found out last night that i am pregnant going off last period 4+1.  So be due May 16th. 

Very nervous but also very excited.  

:)

• Welcome savs!! congrats!! is this your first pregnancy?

• Welcome to the forum and thread Csavs, huge congratulations! 
    Miss Milly - what an opportunity and loads of brilliant feedback here - which way are you swaying? 

• I'm going to speak to a trusted colleague but I might still apply. If there were others who also wanted to apply I probably wouldn't but I'm the only one who even wants the job! 

Also, I don't have many pregnancy symptoms either, just sore breasts and that's it at the moment! X

• That's great milly!! Go for it and good luck!

Not even sore breasts here but a bit engorged as my son refuses to breastfeed the last week. was trying for ages to stop bf and just happened now that i'm pregnant. 

• Miss Milly, congratulations! I wanna offer you some advice, as an assistant manager. It might seem counter-productive to let them know about the pregnancy, but it would also be somewhat unfair on their end, considering - depending on how late you inform them - they may wind up scrambling to find coverage in your absence. I would still go for the job but inform them of what's going to be happening, this way they can at least prepare to work with you.

Navi, evidently twins run on the great-grandfather's side in both my family and DH's. It's skipped at least 3 generations, so who knows ... But honestly I keep reading up that twins generate some hardcore morning sickness, so I sincerely doubt that's the case.

OOH!
    I got my first food aversion!
    Granted, I was trying to eat spaghetti while watching a particularly gory horror movie ('Terrifier'), but it's still something I haven't dealt with yet.

• Thanks for the advice- This is probably why I'm feeling so torn, I'm usually a very open and honest person and it doesn't sit particularly well within me to keep it from management. I'm going to probably have an informal chat with management but still express my interest. I guess the difficulty is the fact that when I do have a baby (this is my first) I don't know how I will actually cope in reality- although I suppose noone ever does! :)

Anyway, hope everyone is feeling ok this evening- weirdly my appetite for food has completely gone over the past few days!!

• So a few of my symptoms seem to be wearing off a little bit..is that normal?

My cramps are occassionally still there but no where near as much and not as prominent, and my breasts have gone from being really sensitive to barely any sensitivity within a day.. and being only 4 weeks + 5 days, are they symptoms that should still be quite prominent?I’m not sure haha

• Got our BFP today! Should be due May 20th. So excited!!! Last time we concerned after 2 1/2 years of trying and lost the pregnancy at 9 weeks. This one was or first "try" since we weren't even really trying! Just trying to get back in the swing of things after a year of not trying. Hoping it sticks! Sticky dust to all!

• congrats everyone 

my Symptoms seem To be here to stay. Pelvic pains are really bad and horrible taste in mouth with sicky feeling. Touch wood only been sick twice. Just very nauseous.  But my boobs are totally fine which was why kept putting off test 

• Myshadowle I'm due the same day, congratulations. Only symptom here is really sore boobs, horrible taste in mouth and a lot of creamy cm (tmi)

• Feeling concerned.  I've no symptoms now.  I'm 6 weeks today 

• If it makes you feel any better I had a miscarriage August 13th and my symptoms remained until the day after the bleeding started.

To give you reassurance I would ring the doctors and speak To them. Highlight the fact you had strong symptoms and suddenly none. They will probably offer you a reassurance scan, I know they would do that here in northern Ireland. 

• Thanks mummytopoppy. 

I also had mc and lost baby in 2016 so that's why concerned. Xx

• Hi girls!

From my experience the symptoms come and go throughout the pregnancy. i have absolutely zero symptoms. nothing. i try not to be concerned because no symptoms its not always an indication of something bad. i am not a doctor but have read that even after a mc the hormone levels take a while to come down and women still experience symptoms. 

Stuzy, at 6 weeks you can do a private u/s to make sure everything is fine. i have one booked next Thursday. i find u/s very reassuring and i had plenty in my previous pregnancy (through NHS for bleeding and monitoring). 

Myshadowle, welcome and congrats!!