Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2020

Replies

• I’m 17 weeks tomorrow and still being sick when I don’t take my antisickness. they work so well for me I feel almost normal when I take them so I think I’m fine then stop taking them and I’m sick again 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Awww it's so lovely seeing all your scans and finding out the genders. 
    I went to Asda yesterday and purchased the entire first size section of unisex clothing to help me resist from finding out the gender! 
    Im 16+4 now and I'm still almost certain we will be having a surprise. 

I know it's early but has anybody thought about labour yet? 
    My first was a in hospital water birth at 41 weeks(lovely, long but lovely and calm).
    My second came classed as prem at 36 weeks and was undiagnosed breech but he wasnt waiting so I delivered him naturally in breech position in hospital.

This time I'm desperate to have a home birth, I just have the stress of hospitals and waiting to be discharged etc etc - but to do that I need to get to 37 weeks - I'm really hoping that this time baby stays in there long enough 😩
  • I’m more than likely going to have an elective c section no later than 39 weeks ... I had obstetrics choleostasis with my first it has an 80% chance of coming back this pregnancy and baby has to come early .. I tried to delivery my boy vaginally but he got stuck and was in the correct position so I had an emergency section with him and it was very traumatic so I have been advised against a VBAC. So I guess u can say I thought about it 😂
  • @Lillian2410 I met with my consultant yesterday and we talked through everything and think I'm going for an elective section this time... My son was emergency section last time also after nearly 3 days in labour that wasn't moving on so think its my best option this time x
  • I'm so excited to find out what I'm having the 19th can't come fast enough!... 16 days and counting! I'm 14+3 today, iv been having like period pains again, if u do to muxh walking around or do to much it gets worse, and yesterday I had pains on my right side that bad it was difficult to walk so im going to have a scan tomorrow just to check everything is still fine x 
  • My sister who is nearly 16 weeks was having really bad pains too yesterday and still having pain today although not as bad ... she went to AnE and they checked her over everything was ok and said she should wait for early pregnancy to ring her .. when they rang they said it all seems normal pregnancy pain 🤷🏼‍♀️ We was both really annoyed they didn’t check baby’s heartbeat or offer a scan so she moved her midwife appointment to this week. it’s so frustrating 

yes see I actually progressed in labour really well but it was literally the delivering I couldn’t do and my boy wasn’t big only 7.1 so I don’t think it’s worth it for me 
  • I think I’ll probably have to be induced again if I get GDM. I wasn’t too bad in labour last time from my waters breaking to having him was about 2 hours. I’ve got my 16 week midwife appointment next Wednesday then the private scan the Wednesday after. It’s our 9 year anniversary that Wednesday too so will be nice to find out that day x
  • I’ve got my 20 week scan on the 30th December. We’re going to keep it a secret - FOR A DAY- and we’re going to buy a “gender reveal firework” for New Years Eve. There’s a shop local to us that do them and they said if we come in with a piece of paper with the gender on they’ll sell us the right gender, ready for the big reveal on New Years Eve!

Initially I had no idea on gender, although TBH still don’t, but I uploaded some of my 12 week scans to some nub groups. 3/4 of them said lean girl, one said lean boy. Sadly there wasn’t a definitive “nub” on my scans so it’s all a guess but I’ve been thinking girl the last few weeks because of that.
  • @beautyandthebump It’s so funny because my son was doing the exact same thing at his ultrasound! He was upside down and not giving us a good profile either lol 
  • @Lillian2410 I feel like they she should have been offered a scan, maybe if she rings up the early maternity and explains and says she's worried they will give her one to put her mind at rest, my son was born at 38 weeks and was 8pound 11oz I'm not sure if that's big or not but I'm still quite glad he didn't have to come out of my foof 😂 even though initially I was a bit gutted because I wanted to be able to do it and I couldn't x

@Frankie86 that's a lovely day to find out ❤️ x

@PaulaLarr that's such a good idea fits in fab with the time of the year! That's so cool... Iv uploaded to a few groups and had mainly girl guesses and only 2 boy, think the group is all baby girls up to now! Wouldn't it be funny if all of us are having girls! I don't mind either way, would be nice to have a girl as I'm only having 2 kiddos so 1 of each would be nice but I'm cool with 2 boys :) x

• I was cool with two boys too but I’m having a girl this time and I’m happy as well I know a lot of people want specific genders and I’ve had a lot of people tell me I’m luckily cuz I’ll have one of each but I feel lucky that I’m having another baby and just want everything to be ok my little boy was so poorly when he was born that all I want is my family healthy and happy. 

My two and a half year old is not sleeping at the moment and it’s hard work he didn’t go down til 11 he’s normally good so I’m not sure what’s going on this week 🤷🏼‍♀️ All I know is I’m tired 😂
  • Product Test Opportunity! 
    We are looking for 10 parents/carers of children, age approx 6-11 to test a CarGoSeat which is a Group 3 booster seat worth £54.99. There’s a £200 Amazon voucher prize for one of the testers too! To read more about this product test and signup, please head to Latest Discussions
  • Anyone else on their second pregnancy and still have no real bump? I’m getting anxious? I’m 15+2 now and got my gender scan in 11 days but I’m worrying!
  • @Chkitty this is my first pregnancy I'm 17 weeks nearly 18 with a girl and I have no bump what's so ever I was really worried aswell but when I saw on the scan she was growing and fine my anxiety about it has pretty much disappeared!  
  • @Courtj97 aww congratulations on your girly! Bless you! I’ve been through it all before as I’ve got a nearly 8 month old I just can’t remember when I started showing, I’m not a skinny girl either so know it takes bit longer to show but I would’ve thought I’d have something by now?! I’ll just have to keep waiting I know I had a huge bump by 25 weeks as I was referred to growth scans so who knows! X
  • Hi ladies, lovely to read all your experiences. I'm due on 10th May with my first baby. This is my second pregnancy, first ended at 9 weeks back in June. 

I've been really anxious and have avoided posting as I didn't want to bring the positive tone down. But I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and felt a very strong quiver/ contraction earlier. No pain or bleeding and nothing since, so fingers crossed it's early movement. 

My 20w scan is on 23rd Dec. Really hoping for a positive experience for us all :) 
  • You can get Braxton Hicks from this early on I’ve defo had a few already but I got a lot with my son too just stay hydrated that’s what the midwife told me ... 
  • Oh really? I didn't know that, thank you, I'll get drinking lots of water! 

Thank you, really helps to know there could be a positive explaination for that contraction. 
  • Yes dehydration, being intimate, doing a lot of activity all can trigger Braxton Hicks I remember I was only about 25 weeks and I went shopping and that was the last time I went shopping around the town as it triggered Braxton Hicks and it really scared me... 
  • Thank you, I've been drinking orange squash and resting up and so far haven't had another and it's been a few hours now. Bit of mild cramping, but hopefully normal.

When did you start to feel kicks? 

I'm hoping that will give me some reassurance when they start :) 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions