Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020

Due in May 2020

Replies

• Hi everyone! I’m due May 12th (or around then..) and got my BFP this morning. I am 20 years old and this was our 2nd cycle trying. Please don’t judge me for being on the younger side— I am a full time hairstylist and my s/o is a full time firefighter 🥰👶🏼 Congratulations to all!! Cant wait to watch all of us grow and change together. Xx
  • congratulations @newmum0228 no judging here! :)
  • Hey ladies I’m trying to find folic acid here in Spain but I’m really struggling ... I want to start taking them as i haven’t been taking them as This little bean was a massive surprise... so frustrating 
  • Welcome to all our new members! We are so happy to have you here - we've dropped you a little welcome private message too. 
  • @Lillian2410 have you tried pharmacies/supermarkets?
  • Yes I’ve just managed to get a multivitamin 20 euro 😳 but I would rather have them than not as im veggie and food is rubbish here lol  
  • jhunekjhunek Regular
    edited Sep 10, 2019 12:21PM
    Hello everyone,
    Glad to be here and see you all sharing ladies. I have had the most unbelievable August/early September - even a soap opera couldn't write such a scenario.
    I traveled to my home country on July 29th for 3 weeks (and couple more days) stay where we planned to holiday with family, relax and have our wedding. 2 days after our arrival, my mum has suddenly developed an acute illness and passed away less than 24h later. Traumatized from the hospital experience and shocked by the passing of such a close person, I was left with both funeral and wedding preparations. I barely remember the following weeks as I was SO exhausted mentally, emotionally and physically. All in all, we made it through the funeral, had a lovely little wedding (my period was late, probably due to all the stress, and only arrived 2 days before the big day) and a few days later we came back home and the following left for our very much needed honeymoon which turned into a recovery trip - really it took me quite a few days to feel more or less present. So 12 days passed, we came home and literally a couple of days later my boobs started hurting - I was sure that my hormones were all over the place after all the experiences, and when I suddenly felt super tired on Friday I guessed it must be part of the grief. On Sunday morning, while my boobs were super sore, I had a REALLY super vivid dream - that I take a pregnancy test and it comes positive and I go to share that news with my hubby. I woke up with a clear memory of it and thought "what a crazy dream!", not only it's still at least a week until my period, my hubby had sperm test done it wasn't very good plus we are both in late 30ties and it is just not so simple, not to mention all the stress! BUT, I decided to go and test, just to put it to rest (I had one cheepie test left) - and of course, my eyes nearly popped out when I saw a line! I was so shocked that I went to buy a "better one" which came positive even without the first urine, it was early detection through - up to 6 days ahead. Today I tested again, with the same brand to compare the intensity of the line, and it is all looking positive. We wanted to have a baby in some not too distant future but this timing has completely taken us by surprise, still can't wrap my brain around it and am so very sad that can't grab the phone to call mum and tell her all about this...

So, due on May 22nd, second pregnancy (my DS is 7 yo, born also in May), I am 37 and turning 38 in 3 months, and if all goes well we will have a honeymoon baby.

ps. sorry for such a long story
  • @jhunek congratulations. someone knew you needed some good news in your life and now you have it. wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months 
  • Congratulation on the pregnancy ... you mum must of known to leave you a special gift ..!!! We are all here if you need to talk !!
  • Oh wow @jhunek you really have been through it. We are so sorry for your loss, but thrilled for you and your new husband. 
  • *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Sep 10, 2019 4:06PM
    Hello, please can I join? Found out I’m pregnant two weeks ago and I’m 6+1 today.  From LMP I’m actually 7+5 but I had an early scan due to some bleeding and it looks like I ovulated later into my cycle. I did see a heartbeat so that was reassuring but had another bleed since.  I constantly feel anxious when I just want to feel excited and every trip to the toilet my heart is in my mouth praying there’s no blood.  I don’t know how I’m going to get through these next 6 weeks 😔 it’s so scary! 

EDD is 4 May x
  • Aww hun it’s ok I know how you feel I was the same with my first I bleed and went for a scan and then had to go back to see a heart beat I felt how can I get through these weeks but you do ! And when it came to my 12 weeks scan I was put right back to my original dates! 
  • Hello everyone I got my bfp yesterday! I'm so excited but also very nervous I had an ectopic in January I'm trying to stay positive and not think about what could happen.
  • Hi @Sunshine8888 welcome to the thread and congratulations, though we're sorry you're having such a worrying time of it. Do you have another scan booked soon? 
  • Thank you @DanielleMFM, I think I will book another private scan for around 9 weeks (2-3 weeks time). Other than the bleeds I have not been suffering too much so far 🤞🏻
  • Thank you AmnxLillian2410 and DanielleMFM
    And goodness me I am so tired most of the time! Have any of you who found out early had strong symptoms even before the date of the expected period? I am still a few days ahead so not even 4 weeks, and yet, since last weekend I feel more preg than with my previous one at 6-7 weeks... I guess chances are I ovulated earlier but that would only be some days not weeks - any thoughts?
  • Hello! Got my BFP today after 2 years of trying! Literally got my first appointment for IVF financing with the NHS in 2 weeks, guess I’ll have to cancel it :D my calculator says I’ll be due 22nd May! Don’t know what to do myself!
  • Congratulations PaulaLarr!!! How exciting :-) We have a similar due date - mine depending on the calculator is May 21st or MAY 22nd :-)
  • PaulaLarrPaulaLarr Regular
    edited Sep 12, 2019 10:53AM
    Thanks @jhunek! Mine is also the same 21st/22nd depending what calculator I use!

Called the doctor as soon as I knew, so frustrating to wait for an appointment (not being seen until 26th September!) but at least once I've had this appointment to the ball should start rolling for all my appointments and scans. This is my first baby so reading up on what I can and can't eat etc. Already was taking Folic Acid but just ordered some Vitamin D on Amazon Prime. Anyone else know anything else I should be aware of? My search history today is insane!
  • Be careful with non pasturised dairy products 

Don’t eat raw meat or fish ..drink water avoid caffeine and eat a balanced diet is all I can think of :) 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions