Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2020

Replies

• Hi Everyone.  I had some spotting this morning and it's really worried me so I booked a scan for later today. I know a little spotting can be perfectly normal, and i hope im just being paranoid, but i had a full on period 3 days befofe my first bfp so i just want to be extra cautious. Help put my mind at rest?
  • Hey everyone! My name is Rachel and I got my BFP a couple days ago! This is my second child. My son is 7.5 and we decided we finally do want another kid! My son was an unexpected pregnancy (I was 18, lol) but now we were actually trying, so it will be a whole new experience getting to tell people! All of our family is convinced we are only having 1 kid lol I am currently 5 weeks 1 day and EDD May 13th. I go for my confirmation appointment on the 19th! We aren’t telling family or our son until my first scan at around 8 weeks just to be safe. My son has been asking for a sibling for the past 4 years, so I’m so excited to be able to tell him!
  • Hi Everyone.  I had some spotting this morning and it's really worried me so I booked a scan for later today. I know a little spotting can be perfectly normal, and i hope im just being paranoid, but i had a full on period 3 days befofe my first bfp so i just want to be extra cautious. Help put my mind at rest?
    Spotting can be normal as long as it not associated with strong cramps. Good idea booking a scan
  • I'm 4 weeks and have had a touch of nausea already is this normal? If it starts a bit now hate to think what 6 weeks brings...
  • @jhunek we have the same due date!
  • Ladies is anyone suffering with sickness in the evening, around this time every evening 8pm I seem to bring up my whole days intake of food xx 
  • Hi ladies! I recently found out I was pregnant (5wks4days) and I found out the same morning I started my new job. This is my first pregnancy, so for those of you who worked your first trimester, when should I tell my boss and how should I tell her? Thank you in advance xoxo
  • @newmum0228 I am going to tell mine after I have my first scan
  • Hi ladies

Random question but is it safe to have a bath? I'm quite achy and would love a bath lol 
  • @lilly 2 as long as it’s not piping hot. I always took baths with my son
  • @newmum0228 I started a new job in July (so a month before I conceived), thankfully my probation period is only 3 months so I intend to tell them once I'm signed off unless I get any adverse symptoms and I'm sick quite a bit.

This is my first so have no prior experience but I wouldn't worry too much about telling them. They should be thrilled for you, and if for whatever reason they're not, it'll actually be harder to 'fire you' when you're pregnant. So if I were you I'd do what @Rachel.a21said and wait until you've had your scan, BUT if you feel your symptoms are affecting your performance (such as morning sickness or baby brain) maybe tell them a bit sooner?
  • Welcome @PaulaLarr @Rachel.a21 @lilly 2 @newmum0228 we are so happy to have you all here! 

• Hello ladies is anyone suffering with cramps on one side ?  Is this normal? I'm just over 4 weeks. 
  • I get a mild twinge on my right side quite often. Wouldn’t say it was a full on cramp but I definitely feel more on my right side
  • @PaulaLarr thank you for replying.  I think cramp could be the wrong word its more of a twinge it's not painful I just know its there. Just worrying with it been one sided. 
  • Well this is my first pregnancy so I’m no expert but if it’s any comfort I have it too! 
  • @FingerscrossedQ I had some side twinges a couple days after I got my BFP too
  • Thank you ladies for putting my mind at ease. These first few weeks before a scan are the hardest.  Iv just booked a scan for when I'm 7 weeks. 
  • It’s definitely hard to wait. I go Thursday to confirm my pregnancy and then we should schedule my first scan for the next couple of weeks. I hope it’s sooner than later. My scan was at 8 weeks with my son 
  • Yeah hopefully its sooner I feel like I wishing my life away waiting. Are you having any pregancy symptoms @Rachel.a21?
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions