Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2020

Replies

• Everyone forgets to tell you this part of early pregnancy don't they! @Sunshine8888 xx
  • Hi everyone, welcome @fiona86 we're thrilled you've come back from BabyExpert days! And huge congratulations! Do let us know when you've told your kids the big news. 
    Congratulations to you too @Lexit9 we're so happt for you! And welcome to the thread :blush:
  • Hi ladies had more bleeding n pain today so took myself off to hospital as waiting for the midwife to call islike waiting for the real Santa.... my cervix is closed n no active sign of miscarriage ... got a scan tomorrow hopefully to see heart beat 
  • @Lillian2410 that’s good news! Fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow, let us know how it goes x

2.5 days and counting for mine! 
  • Lillian2410 fingers crossed for you.
    I had my symptoms quiet down the last few days (apart from belly bloated and unpleasant ALL THE TIME) and last night I must have had a new wave of hormones or something as my boobs were killing me again. 

I have booked a private scan for October 3rd - I should be at least 7 weeks by then (perhaps more as I think I may have ovulated earlier), and registered with a local community midwife who I don't think will see me until I am around 9-10 weeks.

In my first pregnancy, I had cholestasis in the final few weeks and had to be induced at 38 weeks - anyone had this condition before? I am worried that I will happen again...

• Anyone in the U.K. still waiting to hear from their midwife? In my area they said there’s no point seeing the GP as they’ll only reconfirm my test. Instead I should do a maternity/midwife self-referral. I filled in the online form but I’ve got to wait up to 10 working days to hear anything. It’s killing me!
  • How many weeks are you paulalarr? Usually midwives done see you until about 8 weeks. I had to refer to the midwives through the GP and got my appointment through the same day as the midwife rang me to arrange. I don’t go til I’ll 71/2 weeks though. The last time I was pregnant it took a week or so to get the letter through so suppose it depends how busy they are. It’s awful at the beginning though because time seems to drag! I’m sure you’ll hear something soon xx
  • I’m only 4 weeks 6 days apparently. Seeing tomorrow as a bit of a “mile stone” so I’m out of the chemical pregnancy stage. I filled in the form last Friday so I think I’m just being impatient. I just want a date to look forward to, ya know? :)
  • @PaulaLarr yeah I know what you mean, it’s nice to get the first appointment in the diary. Im only just 4 weeks today so I know how you feel, it’s a bit of a waiting game at this point isn’t it. You can’t really enjoy it til you get past the first bit. 

@jhunek I had gestational diabetes with my first and i know that it’s more likely I’ll get it again, not sure if it’s the same for the choleostasis? I wonder if they’ll put you under consultant care instead of midwife led? I think that’s what’s going to happen with me.  
  • @jhunek we need to stay in touch ! I had choleostasis with my first horrific condition ! Unfortunately it’s about 80% chance it will re occur! But they advise low-fat diets .. I’m part of a choleostasis group.! Never met anyone else on here who’s had the condition 

scan was fine gestational sac and yok sac seen but no baby yet which to be fair I was a little early ., re scan in two weeks but they .. I think it’s confirmed when I conceived tho 😂
  • PaulaLarr I Have filled in the form to have a meeting with my community midwife and I was told that she would meet me when I am around 10 week - I just have to wait to be contacted - it may be a home visit apparently. In my first pregnancy, I think the first meeting was a couple of weeks earlier and at the GP premises. 
  • Lillian2410 ah definitely let's be in touch! How far were you the last time it started showing/diagnosed? When mine occured I practically diagnosed myself and the midwife and later consultant were a little surprised and had to consult with other hospitals as it is a rather rare complication and they had little experience! I heard it is more common in nordic people (which I am not, at least by my knowledge - I do have some nordic features though like blonde hair, blue eyes etc so maybe somewhere many generation ago there was a connection). And yes, I remember that low-fat, easy to digest foods were all I could have last time - only small amounts anyway as I have terrible heartburn too in my last 3 months or so. I actually lost weight in my 9th month as I couldn't eat properly.
    What was your experience with cholestasis?
  • Frankie86 I am not sure how cholestasis compares with diabetes - it may as well trigger consultant-led pregnancy in a similar way - I would think that would happend from later on as cholestasis usually doesn't start until after 20 weeks, usually in the 3rd trimester. I guess I will ask the midwife when I see her - I have no idea what to expect and last time it was only last 10 days or so I don't know what is the approach when I am already in a risk group. Plus I am 37, in three months 38, which again, I think is a higher risk due to my age... 
  • 31 weeks I was diagnosed ...I had really bad itching on my hands and feet ... it occurred to me that the midwife had asked about itching so went to the midwife the next day NEVER expecting The outcome ... I was monitored but then I became poorly ... fainting and feeling terrible and as i continued getting worse my liver and BA got worse so I was induced at 36.4 and delivered by emergency c section at 36.5... both me and my baby was poorly and resulted in me getting my gall bladder removed last year ... my LB had low blood sugar and so this time I will request for GD testing .... I remember thinking how hard the first few weeks where waiting for 12 week scan ... but nothing compared to the wait for delivery with choleostasis .... I have blonde hair and blue eyes also but not Nordic 🤷🏼‍♀️ And we are both here doing it again !! 
  • @jhunek yes, I’m not sure what will happen this time as my diabetes wasn’t diagnosed until 25/26 weeks so I was only under the consultant for the last bit. I’m not sure if it starts earlier in second pregnancies, hopefully not! I’ve lose weight since my last pregnancy as I know that was probably the main risk for me. Fingers crossed we all avoid it this time, I think the extra monitoring was very reassuring but would rather not have it at all x
  • All that impatience and I got home from work to find a letter from the hospital with 3 appointment letters! YES! :)
  • Ahhh good news @PaulaLarr 👍🏻 X
  • PaulaLarr said:
    Anyone in the U.K. still waiting to hear from their midwife? In my area they said there’s no point seeing the GP as they’ll only reconfirm my test. Instead I should do a maternity/midwife self-referral. I filled in the online form but I’ve got to wait up to 10 working days to hear anything. It’s killing me!
    Just heard back from mine took 14 days! Xx
  • @Courtj97 oh my gosh how did you cope! But still exciting to get the ball rolling right!?
  • Hi ladies, can I join the chat? 
    Got a positive pregnancy test this morning, it came up instantly. I'm still in shock....but happy and excited. 
    I have irregular cycles (35-45 days), we weren't particularly trying but also weren't preventing. Going by my last period I could be anywhere from 5 - 6 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions