Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2020

Replies

• jhunekjhunek Regular
    edited Sep 20, 2019 11:13AM
    Rach24 Congratulations! Is it your first?

Today I suddenly feel like a geriatric mother - I must be reading too much about the risks etc.. Today I found: "the number of women choosing to have a child at the age of 35 or above has risen dramatically - from 1.7 per 1,000 births in 1973, to 11 per 1,000 in 2012." - which still puts me in the oldest 1% percent of all mums-to-be. Is that really true? I am 37 now and turning 38 in December. feeling somehow upset -it may be the hormones though ...
  • Lillian2410 today is my frustration day it seems. Not only I am gluten-free, have usual pregnancy restrictions but also will have to keep it low fat... I think I will be eating soups for the next 8 months ... 
  • Hi everyone, i know symptoms can fluctuate but I’ve got myself all worked up :( I’m almost 5 weeks and my sore boobs and sickness haven’t been around the past few days. I don’t feel pregnant and it’s killing me i just want to know my baby is ok. The only thing i feel is mood swings and angry like before your period! Anyone else having this? I have read it’s normal for symptoms to go up and down x
  • @lexit I’m in a similar boat. My symptoms are non-existent or very mild. I do worry and then in the evening my boobs may subtly ache for like an hour. My mum said she didn’t suffer with me or my brother so maybe it’s ib my genes, or maybe more symptoms will rear their head in coming weeks. I just remind myself that the test is positive, I’m not bleeding and some women go the full 9 months oblivious! So perhaps we should consider ourselves lucky lol
  • Thank you! @jhunek
    Yes this will be my first, my partner has a 5 year old from a previous relationship so he's not as nervous as I am since it's not his first rodeo! 
  • @Lexit9 My symptoms are pretty much the same as before my period and I have irregular cycles, hence why I waited so long before taking a test. Boobs are slightly tender, a little bit moody, hormonal acne, slight back pain and occasional cramping. Literally nothing feels different to my normal PMS and I'm roughly 5/6 weeks. 
    The only reason I genuinely know I'm pregnant is that the test line came up straight away on both tests and is actually darker than the control line.
  • I think it’s easy to constantly question everything at this stage isn’t it. I did feel nauseous at first but that comes and goes. We’ve booked at scan at 71/2 weeks after the midwife to see if everything is ok. I don’t think I can wait for the 12 week mark! Also want to tell parents and out little boy but don’t want to do it too early without knowing if things are going in the right direction! Fingers crossed the next month or two fly by for us all!! X
  • I’ve only had mild symptoms since I found out! I was excepting to be hit with an onslaught from week 6 but I’m now around 8-9 weeks and still doing ok! I find it a bit worrying and just hope all is ok in there. 8 days until next scan... please go quickly!! 
  • Ladies, not having sickness is normal too. I did not get any sickness at all with my son and I have none now with #2. The ONLY symptom I got with my son in the first trimester was being tired. So far, that's the only symptom I have with #2. It's perfectly normal. 20% of women don't get sickness at all. Consider yourself lucky!
  • So that little blob is a baby!! With a heartbeat!! So happy!

Also slightly confused as she said It is 1cm and that I am 7 weeks 1 day but I had me at 8+1 weeks...I know the day of my last period and when I got a positive on an ovulation test. Anyway she said to go by the dating scan in a few weeks though when the hospital do it so I’ll have to wait until then
  • Amazing amazing @Willoughby_2020! I can’t really justify an earlier scan right now, but it seems such a long wait until my 12 week scan 😫 (I’m 5 weeks today!)
  • @PaulaLarr it does feel like such a long wait, I wish I would have waited maybe another 2 or 3 more weeks as the baby would have been abit more formed but seeing the heartbeat was amazing and such a relief! Has taken maybe 1/3 of the worry away lol

if you can stay patient (unlike me) it’ll be waaay more worth it!! Xx

• Ahhh lovely @Willoughby_2020 I can’t wait for mine. I’m far too impatient to wait for the 12 week x
  • Here in the US, our first scan is at 8 weeks. I can’t imagine having to wait until 12!
  • Hi everybody! I'm Rebecca I'm 27 and this is my 2nd baby, worked out my due date to roughly be the 28th of May 2020... Looking forward to getting to know you all :) xx
  • Welcome Rebecca1992 and congratulations! Where are you based?
  • jhunek I'm in Manchester in the UK, u? X 
  • So how is everybody? Has anyone had their booking appointment yet? 
  • Rebecca1992 I am based in Gloucestershire.

Also, I only just filled in my midwife form last week - don't expect to hear anything for a while, particularly as I am only 5w4d and I know that they like to wait until at least 8 weeks even 10 sometimes. I do have a priv appointment next Thursday though - I will be 7 weeks exactly
  • My booking app has been confirmed for 30th October with my scan happening a little over a week later on 8th November. I’m 5 weeks 4 days today.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions