Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    @PaulaLarr I had GD with my first so being tested this time I’ve already passed my 16 week one but was told I’d get a booking appointment after that and never received nothing my notes say retest at 26 weeks but no ones given me an appointment? 
  • Options
    My midwife also said that I didnt need my bump measuring as was having growth scans so just do BP, urine and listened to heartbeat also 25 weeks xxx
  • Options
    I didn’t have blood taken at 25 weeks but did have blood taken at 28 weeks. 
  • Options
    @Chkitty I had my 28 week app yesterday. It's my first midwife app since my 16 week one as it's not first baby. 
    She did blood tests, but if you have GD tests then you don't have bloods at 28 week appointment. I don't need a diabetes test so I had bloods instead. 
    She measured bump and listened to heartbeat. But I also don't need to have growth scans. 
    Next app for me is 31 weeks :) 
  • Options
    I just had my gd test today, but everyone in the states has to do it no matter what your BMI is. The drink is disgusting lol 
  • Options
    I had my GD test yesterday as well, should get my results Monday. I ended up in a the hospital last night though because I had some very light spotting so they put me on a monitor and did a few checks, all was fine but because I’m Rh-negative blood type I ended up having to have the anti-d and they had to take the blood twice so I had it done 4 times yesterday 🙈 my little boy has started to use the potty as well so this morning he woke up at 5.30 coughing and I went to to take him to the loo and he decided he was up for the day 😭 we were at the hospital til 11 so I’m shattered now x
  • Options
    @Frankie86 im glad everythings ok!! 
    I have super deep veins which are really hard to take blood from. I went for my 28 week app thursday and she tried once is each arms for bloods with no success. Friday morning I went to someone with more experience who tried my right arm twice, left arm once and the back of my right hand with no luck. 
    Then was sent to the plebotamist who has super fine needles who managed to get it out of my left arm. So 7 attempts it! But it has to be done and luckily im used to tattoos so needles don't phase me thank god! 
  • Options
    @Frankie86 oh no! I’m glad everything is ok with your spotting, but I hope you are able to relax or rest some today. I used to hate when my son would randomly wake up early 😭 he’s 8 now, so it’s not a problem anymore, but now I’m the one waking up in the middle of the night and can’t fall asleep lol it’s currently 4:42am where I’m at 
  • Options
    My little boy keeps waking up at 4/5 am this morning we managed to put him in bed with us and he fell asleep until 7 but I’m shattered as I’ve been doing 12 hour shifts too. I only have three weeks left as I’m a student nurse and it’s a natural break in the year at that point so it will be earlier for me to return at that point next year.
  • Options
    @Frankie86 glad everything is OK now with the spotting, that must be so scarey :( x
  • Options
    Thanks guys, nothing today and all seems as usual so hopefully that’s it! I can’t wait for bed tonight 😂 reckon I’ll not be long after my little boy x
  • Options
    I had my 28 week check up, glucose test and anti-d injection on Thursday. 
    The doctor wasn’t happy with his size and sent to get a growth scan, was told I’m measuring very big (about 31 weeks), that they’re nearly sure I’ve got GD and that I’m going to have a very big baby 😅. They’ve increased my visits to every 1-2 weeks to monitor his size and reckon I will be induced at the end of April rather than letting me go to my due date (May 11th)
    Heard nothing from the hospital so I called them today to ask about my results and was told if I didn’t get a call then I don’t have GD 🤷🏼‍♀️. So I’m a bit lost at the moment. I’m in back with my gp on Friday and in the hospital on March 5th. I’ll be asking loads of questions in the hospital. 
  • Options
    Hey ladies I need your help!!!! 
    I CANNOT STOP EATING. 
    I have no idea what has happened to me but all of a sudden I am absolutely starving constantly.
    This morning I've had two bowls of cereal for breakfast, then a banana mid morning, and  just then I've had two slices of wholemeal toast with scrambled egg and two rashers of bacon for my lunch. 
    I'm still so hungry. 
    I'm making homemade spag bol tonight for dinner but that won't be until about 5pm. There is no way I can go five hours without eating anything else. 
    I'm seriously considering having another bowl of cereal. 
    I'm trying to make healthy choices but I can't stop eating. 
    Is anybody else hungry all the time? 😂 
  • Options
    @Rach24 hope you get answers when you visit the hospital hunni xxx

@StephieLou95 I was starving for the 1st trimester then was ok for about 7 weeks then slowly became starving all the time again I've put on so much weight and my bump is massive and because of this I've got pelvic girdle pain and breathing issues so tbh I'm not enjoying this pregnancy as still have 13 weeks to go but then feel guilty for wishing the time away sorry for rant but wish I wasnt hungry all the time xxx
  • Options
    @rach24 that happend to me last time, they didn't think I had GD but he was measuring massive, they told me to expect a big baby like a 10 pounder and I was induced at 37 weeks he was born at 38 weeks and was 8lbs 11oz so not quite as big as they expected, just go with the flow, you might get to meet your little one sooner than you Thaught :) x

Yup Im hungry as well...its actually disgusting what iv eaten today already, I'm trying to cut down I'm already a lump don't need to put any more weight on 😭.... I do remember from last time though from about 30 weeks onwards I went off food I just didn't fancy anything but I drank loads and loads of water so hopefully that happens again like tomorrow 😂 xx

Took my son to the park yesterday and he decided to pull away from my hand and leg it 🙄 iv never tried to run whilst pregnant before but it was difficult 🙈.... Legged it on us in the actual park as well right into this giant puddle... It was daddy's turn to run after him and fish him out this time though 😂 x
  • Options
    Morning ladies. Has anyone here tried or heard anything about  the digital pack on hypnobirthing from the positive birth company? I started NCT yesterday - really enjoyed it and it’s got me thinking about things I’ve been putting off such as the birth! 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 I have looked into the positive birth company, especially since we are planning for a home birth! But personally for me it's not for me! I can't get my head around the whole 'surges' instead of 'contractions' - because they arent 'surges' they're painful as hell contractions 😂😂 
    I find I deal with labour better if I just accept the pain and roll with it, rather than making it all seem like it's painfree when it's not 😂 
    Saying that, things like candles, dark lighting, water birth etc I'm all for!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, just a quick message - there are loads of threads in your Due in May Birth Club which we would love for you to check out here. 

Also don't forget to check out latest discussions where we have a product test for a Maxi Cosi 360 car seat (sign up closes tomorrow) and the chance to win a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 I’ve purchased the hypnobirthing book from the positive birth company, I’m really enjoying reading it and find it very helpful. I bought it after i’d booked some local hypnobirthing classes and didn’t know they did a digital pack then, but now it’s a bit pointless to do as my classes start in a few weeks. Personally I’m looking forward to the physical classes as I’ll have a trainer there to coach me and interact with and if for whatever reason I was breathing wrong or something she could correct me, and I can ask her questions, whereas the digital pack couldn’t do that. HOWEVER if I do get on with hypnobirthing I think for future pregnancies I’d get the digital pack to give myself a refresher for sure!

100% recommend the book btw!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I totally agree with the hungry thing 🙈 I told myself I wasn’t going to go daft and eat everything in sight but it was a lie 😂 I had my GD test on Friday and they said that if I didn’t hear Monday I will most likely be clear 🙌🏻 No phone call yet so I’m hoping it’s all ok. I did a blood sugar diet before I got pregnant and lost two stone, I’m hoping that helped. I’ve already put as stone and a half back on though :/ I’ve ordered my shopping online today instead of going to the supermarket in hopes that helps me eat a little better! I have a friend who’s a midwife who runs hypnobirthing classes and she really rates it, she used it herself for her labour x
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions