Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• You guys are lucky with your weight gain. I barely have a bump and have gained 15 lbs. I am 23 weeks tomorrow. Were you guys sick a lot? I didn’t have any sickness 
  • I’ve put on about 10lb Rachel and 20+5 so similar rate of weight gain to you. It’s bothering me if I’m honest. I’m trying not to binge on rubbish to slow it down but this last week I still gained another 2lb when I’ve eaten really well 🤷🏼‍♀️ Might just have to accept that what will be will be! 
    I’ve got a wedding to go to approx 8 weeks after baby will be here so that will hopefully give me the motivation to get my ass moving ASAP 😂😂

• At times i feel bit worried about my weight gain but all the time it took to not just fall pregnant but make it this far....had a MMC last February- im telling myself i dont care if i put on 3 or 4 stone as long as i have a healthy beautiful baby at the end of it then its all good xxx
  • I think I've gained about 9lbs at this point, I'm 23wks and I'm pretty sure it's all bump and boobs but I do think I've lost a lot of muscle and replaced it with fat. I always would have described myself as athletic, I've played on a sports team for the last 19 years and I also coach a kids team. My main worry was losing my fitness while pregnant but I haven't done too much about it until now. I am however starting swimming this week because I plan on going back to my team at the end of the summer and figured I may as well be as fit as possible for labor. :sweat_smile:
  • Yeah I’m worried I’ve not but enough on because he’s I had HG with server nausea .. it’s normal to gain between 12-15 pounds I read even more in some cases
  • So long as you’re healthy and babies developing as it should weight gain doesn’t matter so much. It can vary so much between people. 
    @Lillian2410, with my little boy I didn’t gain any weight at all until 21/22 weeks. It took until 20 weeks to get back to my start weight due to the weight I lost at the start, if you’re concerned have a chat about it with your midwife, I’m sure they will reassure you xxx
  • I've put on about 6 lb I think but totally embracing eating whatever I feel like. (so long as I'm also eating some healthy stuff to balance it out.) I'm going to chop a banana up now (healthy) and eat it with haagen dazs salted caramel ice cream to balance it out the other way too.  :p good way to wake baby up too for a few reassurance kicks!
  • I dare not weigh myself 🙈 but I intend on being back on slimming world 6 weeks after birth. I have always had quite big upper arms (and not in a muscley way) and I’ve noticed that my clothes on my upper arms have got even tighter now. I gave it a google earlier and found out that it’s one of the areas that can swell (like feet). I thought I’d gotten away with my feet not swelling but alas I’ve just gained it up on my arms 
  • @MillP mine is bothering me too. I think because I just lost 25 lbs from January until May and got back down to my pre-pregnancy size before my son, and now I see people further than me only gaining 2-4 lbs and I’m at 15 
  • @Rachel.a21 , since you are so slim to start with, I think the recommendation would be for you to gain more weight than others who start off a bit bigger. It's your amazing body getting ready to provide what your baby needs. I find the weight gain quite exciting along with watching things change shape. You know that you can lose the weight after birth since you did it with your son, so long as you know you are providing your body with the nutrients it needs, I think we just have to let our bodies do what they need to do. 
  • Confirmed girl at 20 week scan phew! 😅 she’s now weighing around 14oz and even gave us a wave! 
  • @Kleor Thank you! I know the gain in necessary for baby, I just feel I’ve gained more rapidly this time than with my son and it’s hard to not get wrapped up when others have only gained a couple of pounds and my weight gain is already in the double digits 😭 I’ve noticed I am a lot more emotional with my girl pregnancy than I ever was with my son lol 
  • @Rachel.a21 I know I have only gained 4pounds but that really is much below the minimum and I did loose some so maybe I gained 7 pounds from the lowest I was. I was sick for 18 weeks and could barely eat anything your baby has been getting plenty of nutrition which is great for both of you x 
  • @Chkitty great news! 💕Xx

New boy bouncer has arrived 💙 and my son is giving hugs and kisses to his baby doll that's in it 😍 it's the cutest thing! Xx

• @Rebecca1992 thank you! 

Oh wow what a cutie he is! His going to be a great big brother!! 🥰x
  • Just wanted to inform everyone that I lost my baby at 21+4 due to severe defects that were spotted on my 20 week scan. 

I delivered my beautiful baby boy last week and I am utterly heartbroken. It has been the hardest 3 weeks of my life and I have never felt sadness like it.

i have just read that someone was disappointed to find out they are having a boy instead of a girl.  Please just be grateful that you have a healthy baby. 

I wish everyone all the luck with their deliveries and enjoy your beautiful babies x
  • Aww @mrsburns I am truely sorry for you loss x I cannot imagine how hard it must be for you ...
  • I am so so sorry @mrsburns, this is utterly heartbreaking to read. I can’t even imagine the pain you must be feeling. No one should ever have to experience that.  Lots of love 💕
  • @mrsburns I can't begin to imagine your pain, it's every mothers worst nightmare, I am very sorry for your loss, did you name your little man? x I am not disappointed at all to be having a boy instead of a girl, shocked yes, disappointed never... I am extreamly greatful to be having a healthy baby, its just a shock to the system when you get used to 1 thing to be told another, over it now, girls stuff swapped for boys stuff and name chosen for him now 💙 xx
  • @mrsburns im soo sorry for your loss i cannot imagine the heartbreak your going through xxxx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions