Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020

Due in May 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• So I have had the same and in my last pregnancy where I go for a wee and then about 5 minutes later I feel wet and I am wet ... I had to tested last pregnancy and it wasn’t my waters apparently you can compress some of your tubes and trap urine which is grim ... I’d put a pad on as that what they will tell you to do and in between toilet visits if you get wet again I would ring them 
  • @Rebecca1992 I'd give them a call and see what they say. 
    I know with my son my waters didn't burst. I went for a wee and got back into bed and about ten minutes later I just felt 'warm' and everytime I stood up/walked anywhere it just kind of trickled out. I was convinced it was just a weak bladder but nope it was my waters. He was born not long after very quickly after contractions started. So give them a ring just incase xx
  • @Rebecca1992 hope all is well! Did you give them a call? Xx
  • Wow you guys are organised with your bags! I’ve packed babies but not started mine yet! I think I have everything I need, I just need to actually pack it!
    I will take everything for baby with me but my hosp do have things too if needed. Last time he got taken straight off to NICU while I was still being stitched etc so I obvs didn’t take his things but they had nappies etc for him. 

Hope everything is ok with you @Rebecca1992! Did you call them in the end? Xx
  • *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Apr 15, 2020 7:31AM
    I’m in the U.K. and the hospital provided everything for us - because Coralie came early I hadn’t packed a hospital bag! As I ran round throwing things into a bag while having contractions I didn’t have much with me! They gave me pads to use and while in NICU a fully stocked cabinet of nappies, formula, cotton wool etc and I could borrow their clothes and blankets as well. I didn’t have any tiny baby clothes and Coralie is too little for newborn or above at the moment!  I’m going to donate all the tiny baby clothes I have bought since to NICU once they can accept them again (after the pandemic). 

Keep an eye on any leakage! This is what happened to me - I leaked through a liner and my underwear was wet. I did go to day assessment to be checked and they said it just looked like discharge. Four hours later, my waters broke! 
  • Yea I gave them a ring and they asked some questions but as I didn't have anything to show them they wernt worried they told me to come in or ring back and also wear a pad so they could see what it might be.. Nothing else has happend again yet so I'm assuming it's all fine? 🤔 If it happens again I'm going to go straight in but so far all good x

Iv packed everything in my hospital bag now apart from my clothes as will have to do it closer to the time or won't have anything to Wear in the meantime x

I got this for little man, I love it I couldn't resist buying it, iv not got him many like "proper clothes" in 0-3 months as I learnt from last time that baby grows were my best friend and what be was most comfortable in 💙 just love it can't stop looking at it, iv just got to show people 😂 sorry think it's the hormones x

• That is soo cute ❤❤❤ xxxx
  • @Rebecca1992 that outfit is adorable 😍
    ive washes all vests and babygrows and packed them away now! I’m pretty much the same I’ve packed all baby stuff but will do clothes last minute as nothing else fits right now so I need them! X
  • Lillian2410 - I lost my mucus plug last Saturday. First a small blob in the morning, and then a big snotty thing in the evening shower (nearly missed it). I was exactly 35 weeks. Just to add that on Friday, Saturday and then Monday I have episodes of quite intense BH, and so I am deducing that everything is really getting ready. I have also managed to check my own cervix (hate other people doing it) and I know it has now moved more to the front and is slightly lower - actually much easier to get to. It's also really soft. I wouldn't hold my breath about going into labour right away - with my son I also lost my plug at a similar time (around 35.3) and nothing happened until I was induced at 38 week - that induction was also very slow so likely I wasn't very close.

TBH I wouldn't mind going into spontaneous labour ahead of my due dates, as long as it's after 37 weeks which is in just 10 days.

aah and packing bags... still not quite there. Baby's bag is semi - ready- have some essentials there. Mine is on the floor - ready to be packed ;-) I have a list of things but nothing is actually packed. I have ordered a birthing gown from Amazon but I am really not impressed with it, may use it after the birth, maybe. I think I will be taking my hubby's big thin t-shirt and comfy cotton shorts- somehow I have a feeling that will suit me best. Don't know how I will fit everything as I am planning to take my own massive U shaped pillow, towels, electric tea lights, another nice firm pillow, all the usual essentials like cosmetics, pants, and bras, head and hair bands, a small speaker, blanket. And a separate bag with food - I am gluten-free plus vegetarian - I doubt the hospital will be very good feeding me ;-) Also I have to finish my birth plan, the two versions of it - spontaneous or induction (which is very likely in my case). I had a go at it yesterday (trying to adjust my old one from 8 years ago) and I laughed at myself when I wrote: I do not wish to have any stage laying down or even in a reclined position :-) I wonder how midwives will look at it if I will be at the delivery ward rather than midwife-led unit ...

How is everyone feeling these days? I have to admit my mood often is low recently and I have ZERO motivation for anything. is that perhaps energy preservation before birth or me just being super lazy?
  • Some days I have lots of motivation and some days not much at all! 

I havent lost anything else and my plan was to have a little check of my cervix .. mine is normally so high so I’ll know if it’s dropping 😂

i was suppose to have my OC bloods and monitoring today but they changed it to Sunday and basically that one will determine if they move my section date or not plus they are only doing two weekly bloods now but it does make me extremely anxious that I won’t be monitored weekly now. I’m like you I half want to go into spontaneous labour anytime after 37 weeks so I know they can’t change their mind... I’m 36 today! I was hospitalised with my son at 36 weeks due to liver function so everything from now is new to me 😂
  • I think part of my motivation has gone because I know I won’t have visitors. I’m not slumming it as such but I always envisioned tidying my house to an almost show home standard because of all the visitors I’d have, and so I wouldn’t have to worry too much once baby is here. But now I know that it’ll just me and hubby for the foreseeable I’m like what’s the point? 

I finalised my hospital bag today (although no doubt I’ll repack it several times between now and “show time”). I’ve got my last growth scan on Friday and I think I’ll write my final birth plan over the weekend off the back of that. I know what I want but I feel if I write it now, Sod’s law they’ll want to induce me or schedule a Caesarian, so I’m holding off until this weekend.
  • My birth plan and I said this to the lady on the phone today is .. I want to walk into the hospital .. have my section and walk out with baby the next day ... I don’t think that’s a lot to ask 😂😂
  • I've got my 36 week tomorrow so I will write down my birth preferences after that. Need confirmation on the current hospital procedures as it's all constantly changing. I don't want to get hooked on a MLU birth if they close it 😬😂
  • Hi everyone, sorry for the interruption - we just wanted to check something - we know a few people here were having an issue with notifications going to spam - we have issued a fix on the site for this, please will you drop me a PM if they're still going to spam? 

• I had my 36 weeks check today. I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. I go back next Thursday to be checked again. I agree with you ladies, I hope I don’t go to 40 weeks! My poor sis in law is 40 weeks now and still no baby 
  • Honestly I would say that the longer term you go the better in the current situation. I wouldn’t wish for any of you to have to stay in hospital for a long period with the current restrictions. It was the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to go through and really quite traumatic. I am so grateful to be at home with my husband now x
  • I defo do not want to stay any longer than I need I had two weeks in with my little boy .. and I was on my own for some of those nights and it is really hard especially when baby is in the NICU... 

ive been getting lightening pains I think that’s what they are all evening so I went in the bath .. we’ve been gardening for the last two days so I may have over done it! ... my furniture comes tomorrow and I cannot wait to get it up !
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Apr 15, 2020 8:24PM
    I don’t want to go earlier than term, just don’t want to go to 40 or later lol my son was 37 and didn’t need nicu at all since it’s considered term at 37 and he was a good weight and developed well. As of now, my husband is allowed to stay the full time. I hope that doesn’t change 
  • @Sunshine8888 I completely agree with you. I had my son at 36 weeks and although no NICU stay baby had some problems with temp, feeding and blood sugar levels and the 4 night stay on the ward was awful! Getting to 40 weeks is ideal. 37 is term but early term nonetheless and 40 weeks is a good vision to have in your head isn't it xx
  • Will be having little man at 39 weeks unless anything happens before... and praying I don't need to stay in... Partner isn't alowed to stay or anything, can just visit in visiting hours want to be in and out ASAP... Really don't want to be away from my son :(
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions