Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Due in May 2020 labour and birth stories thread

Hi Everyone,
We would love for you to tell us about your experience of your labour and birth, during the time of Covid-19. 
Please do share them on this thread - we'd love to read all about it. 

Replies

• Options
    So here's my birth story 😊
    I was booked in for a elective c section on the 22nd of May 2020 we arrived at the hospital and got put in a room to wait for a Dr, Dr came and briefed me on what would be happening and have use masks, hair nets and gowns and scrubs to my partner... my son was born at 10:25am so we didn't have to wait long between arriving at the hospital and meeting him 😊, we got put in a 4 bed room but due to covid 19 only 2 women to a room... Everybody is wearing protective aprons and masks, I even had to wear a mask while I had the section done... No visitors can come to the ward... Only dads or the 1 birth partner... But due to covid 19 my partner is at home with our first born son as obviously with everything going on we can't risk him staying with other people while his dad comes to the hospital to be with me and baby... Should be home tonight or tomorrow tho so not to fussed 😊... The elective section has been much easier to cope with the pain is manageable and I am up and walking around, last time I had an emergency section and it was very painfull but I was OK after 5 days... This time I'm on day 2 and I'm feeling fine xx