Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2021

Replies

• @SW123 thanks for the info, I'm so glad it went well for you <3 could you see much, or mainly just hear the heartbeat at this stage?  Trying to work out whether its worth getting an early scan this early.

@Mary58 congratulations. Like others have said, in the UK the weeks etc are generally counted from the first day of last period, so if you think you're 7 weeks since Ovulation you're probably more like 8-9 weeks pregnant already :) Have a look at the NHS due date calculator - probably a good idea to try and bring your Midwife appt forward a little! X
  • SW123SW123 Regular
    edited Sep 18, 2020 4:22PM
    @ClareyBear87 you can't hear the heartbeat, but at approx 7 weeks they can see it as a flicker on the screen. You can see the yolk and an outline of a baby (kinda looks like a blob though!) If you can afford it I would, was a really cool experience, and reassuring to know all the right parts are there, and if you know theres heartbeat there's less chance of a miscarriage x
  • @Mary58 the due date calculators where you go from the first day of your last period are based on a 28 day cycle. So if you have long cycles and know you didn't ovulate until after cd17+ then the 12 week scan will likely date you differently. I've calculated my due date from using the day I ovulated, because as you know I've been charting for a long time and can pinpoint when I've ovulated each month. My cycle this time was a few days longer than normal due to later ovulation, so if I used my lmp date I would seem further on and would have an earlier edd. If you could change your midwife appointment to a bit earlier that would be good. In my area (East Yorkshire) they give you your mw appointment at around 8 weeks and book your scan while you're there. X
  • You can change the cycle days to your actual cycle on the NHS due date calculator. Its just the way they date you up until you have your dating scan. X
  • Morning all, how are we all feeling? Still no symptoms for me really which is stressing me out. Maybe im just one of the lucky ones, guess I'll have to wait for the scan xx
  • Morning @emi90  my symptoms seem to have worn off just got sore boobs it is frustrating. Hopefully all is OK and you are just one of the lucky ones, xx then again symptoms could kick in with a vengeance!! Hope time goes quick for your scan my love xx
  • Morning @emi90. I've only got slightly sore boobs, no other symptoms as yet. Still very early for me so I'm not too worried at the moment. How many weeks are you now? 

Agree @Bubz2018 they could kick in with a vengeance soon, or it may be that symptoms never come and the pregnancy is a real breeze x
  • @emi90 I only have sore boobs too, and tiredness (but then again I'm always tired) and my sore boobs come and go 🤷‍♀️
  • Thanks for you replies ladies really helps ease my anxiety. Im roughly 8 weeks tomorrow but im just so anxious all the time x
  • Bless ya hun.  Its such an anxious time especially when you've had losses in the past, its really hard. I know there's nothing we can say that'll help really. Just that scan will help hopefully give the reassurance you do need to put your mind at ease,  just know your not alone we all understand and some of us can completely relate to what your feeling. Sending positive thoughts xx
  • Thanks lasies i appreciate all your kind words. Just need the scan now ASAP xx
  • Hi all.
    I'm about 6 weeks, due 15th May. 
    I have an April '19 baby, so she will have just turned 2 when this one arrives.
    I didn't have any symptoms until a couple of days ago and now really nauseous 24/7. I struggled through pregnancy last time, but trying to stay positive and not complain about it this time.

Last time, I got a GP appointment and was told I should have asked for a midwife appointment (I just did what the NHS website told me).
    This time, the website said I could self refer online, but then none of the links worked, so I phoned my GP this week for a booking in appointment with the midwife, and was told by the receptionist that I don't need to book in until 8 weeks, but then the midwife only works 1 day a week and was totally over booked last time, so surely it's not too much to ask to book an appointment for 2 week's time? And then when I book at 8 weeks, they'll be full and I'll end up being booked in to the dating scan late. You can't bloody win!
  • Good morning @Griff001 congratulations hope you have a healthy happy pregnancy. Your a couple days ahead of me I'm due 17 May. Your Gps receptionists sound frustrating. I got booked in three weeks ahead forfor when I'm 8 and half weeks. I'd ring again if i was you and hopefully speak to another one. Xx
  • Hi everyone ! Congratulations to you all for your Bfps ! I’m currently 5+1 with my 3rd baby. I have two boys age 4 &7 from a previous relationship , so this is mine and my partners first baby together ! My symptoms so far are stabby achy pains in lower stomach, very tired , sore boobs a little bit nothing major . Xxx
  • Hi lovelies, how is everyone doing? @emi90 I am with you on the anxiety big time after my previous losses. At 7 weeks today and still not getting many symptoms, although I am feeling a bit more nauseous now. Have you got a scan booked soon?

@Bethan_Xo congrats, how exciting! I had a lot of the stabby achy tummy pains which made me v. anxious but I think its normal. Theyve started to wear off now I'm at 7 weeks. 

xx
  • Still feeling exactly the same very few if any symptoms, only time i feel slightly nauseous is if ive eaten too much so cant tell really. My scan is the first week of October as couldnt get one earlier. Im nervous as my first pregnancy was a missed misscarriage and had no symptoms and then it was confirmed at the scan. I know not everyone gets morning sickness but no symptoms i associate to previous experience. But trying to keep myself positive and telling myself i may just be one of them lucky people that doesn't get the sickness. Not to much longer to wait ive just learnt to not take anything for granted until the scan. How are you all feeling xx
  • Congratulations @Bethan_Xo
    Have a happy healthy pregnancy

I had my first actual physical vomit this morning all I've had is gagging  got really sore boobs and im really moody definitely don't feel like i have with my other successful pregnancies. 
    @emi90 glad you've got your scan booked i hope time flies for you and the scan gives the reassurrance you need  an M M is the hardest to deal with no wonder your so anxious hun.
    Xx

• Thankyou @ClareyBear87 and @Bubz2018 hope you both have happy healthy pregnancies ❤️ . It’s so hard not to worry . I myself have never experienced a loss but my partner has had 2 losses with a previous partner so he is very anxious at the minute , feel like I won’t be able to properly enjoy the pregnancy until we see baby on the scan at 12 weeks , which seems like a lifetime away !! Xxx 
  • Thanks @Bethan_xo , I always put the worry down to mothers instinct, we're always worrying about something. So when we find out we're expecting but can't see whats going on. Its torture on our minds at times. Yes 12 weeks scan is a life time away im still debating weather to get a scan or not, see how i go. Xx
  • @Bubz2018 that’s very true . There will always be something to worry about ! I asked my partner if he wanted to get an early scan to try and put his mind at rest but he said he would rather just wait until the 12 weeks incase anything happened between the early scan and the 12 week scan! Hoping the weeks go by quickly! Xx 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions