Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2021

Replies

• Awww @Emmagem congratulations 👏  xx
  • @Emmagem : welcome here! When is your due date?

I'm 6+1 today (I think) and the nausea comes and goes.

Got a boy already but I think I wouldn't mind having another one. Saying that I think the OH would prefer a girl this time so I guess I'd be happy either way. 

With my first I was sure from the start it would be a boy but this time I genuinely don't know 🤷‍♀️. I've heard nausea can be more common when expecting girls but not sure how much scientific evidence there is. 

Are you all going to find out the gender or keep it as a surprise? 

• Ive not had much nausea yet. Very sore nipples and lower back ache. 100% finding out the sex. Im so nervous i almost want to feel sick for reassurance madness i know xx
  • I don’t know wether to find out the gender this time!

first time we found out and had a boy! I’d absolutely love a girl! As we found out before this time I’d like to think that i won’t this time... but I’m too planny hahaha I like to know! I’ll decide on the day I think!

sore back in defo the main niggle for me at the moment. Waves of nausea too. Last time I had terrible sickness and had nose bleeds all the time. I had to tell work just because I was always say with tissues up my nose haha let’s see how we go this time ey!

i just keep saying... can you believe it?! I still can’t believe it!
  • @Mary58
    thank you! So happy to finally be here! My due date is May 20th. It is right on the cusp for Taurus and Gemini. May 20th is the last day of Taurus the it switches to Gemini, so I will have to wait and see what sign this little one wants to be.

I'm 4 + 1 today so Im still quite early. I did do another test today and the line is progressing. I also have to go for blood work today, the OBGYN I have seems really attentive so far. I actually really want to try a midwife this time, thoughts???

I am 100% going to find out gender although Im certain it will be a girl, if not i will be shocked but it will still be fine. A happy healthy baby is all i want! Just be a bonus if its a girl!

@emi90
    Same my nipples hurt, breasts are super tender and my lower back has been sore for 2 weeks, Im guessing since implantation. No nausea for me yet, I had it with my son, but it only started at 2-3 months.
    What are you hoping for, boy or girl?

@HB14 I'm the same, love to plan ahead, i can not imagine not finding out. I would love it to be a surprise but im just not that patient!
    I'm still in shock too! I have already asked hubby to start looking at names lol
    Its still to early for names, but its so fun to look! With my son i changed my mind 100 times through out the 9 months.
    I do already have to 2 middle names picked out for a girl, and i told hubby and to mu utter shock he loves them!!

• @Emmagem i dont mind aslong as it gets to this world safely. Im counting down the weeks to my first scan hopefully getting an early private one xx
  • Hi ladies. 
    Congratulations to you all!! 😊
    Im Inaaya and just found out im pregnant on Wednesday morning ill be 4 weeks 4 days today (still very early) can't contain the shock!! We never planned at all, we are already blessed with  a 6 year old girl and a 23 month old boy! If you look back at my last birth you'll see it was a traumatic time and i thought after that never again!!!!  Without going into too much detail, we're here now in utter shock!!  Im content with whatever god plans. I know it can go either way as I'm a sufferer of reocurrent miscarriages. So just taking each day as it comes.  Due date is 17th may. 
    I can't believe I'm so calm two days after finding out. My hubby is terrified!! I believe my faith is a big part of why I'm so content!!  My concerned aunt/mum wants me to get In touch with drs asap for so many reasons.  Those of you that are in uk, have you spoke with your Gp or booked an early scan?

Have a blessed day!!

Inaaya 

• Hi girls ! Is anyone experiencing similar thing?? 
    I just entered week 5 of my pregnancy . My breasts were hurting really bad last week , and had cramps and pulling in my uterus . Now my breasts kinda stopped hurting , and I get cramps mostly in the morning when I wake up . I’m confused and hope it’s not a bad sign :( 
  •  @Bubz2018 hi I’m from UK !! I’ve phoned my GP , they gave me an email to email midwife referral team , but still haven’t heard back from them :/ if I don’t hear from them till Monday I will phone my GP again . It’s all because of this coronavirus situation , it’s all getting really annoying now . 
  • Bess8619Bess8619 Regular
    edited Sep 12, 2020 10:48AM
    Hello @Beni96 you are not alone. Up until Tuesday I think I had exact same symptoms.
    Since then my boobs have stopped being so sore and no more cramps.

only symptom I have now is really bad headaches on a morning, but apart from that I feel completely normal.

i am trying not to worry but it’s kinda reassuring knowing I’m not alone. I am 5wks tomorrow xx
  • Beni96Beni96 Regular
    edited Sep 12, 2020 10:50AM
    @Bess8619 hello!  I hope it’s not a sign of anything bad . I’ve read that some symptoms may come and go . I don’t have any nausea , any spotting so not much symptoms... but I don’t have any bleeding or any severe pain so I’m not trying to worry too much 
  • Bess8619Bess8619 Regular
    edited Sep 12, 2020 10:51AM
    @Beni96 yes I’ve read in early pregnancy they can do just that. I have been reading many forums and I’d say 98% of women who have seen there symptoms plateau around 4/5/6 weeks all had totally healthy, beating babies when they went for their scan. And all the women on the thread said it’s completely normal. 

Would you feel better taking a test? I took one yesterday and today and both as dark as the control line. Darkest tests yet. Made me feel much better. 
  • @Bess8619 I done that too hahah just to make sure my hormone levels haven’t gone down 😂😂😅 my lines are also still very very dark . So I guess it’s all good :) 
  • @Beni96 at least neither of us are alone! 😂
  • Hi girls, i feel lightheaded most day and sore nipples but that about it. Im just going into week 7 but my tests are all very dsrk now so im trying to relax and enjoy these early stages as i feel blessed to be at this stage after 2 losses. Everytime i get a negative thought my doctor told me to imagine my beautiful healthy baby in my arms and that keeps me positive. Xx
  • Hi @emi90 have you had an early scan or have you one booked? I definitely found with my previous pregnancies that early scans helped me get mentally prepared for the possibilities. I suffer with reocurrent losses and my last 3 before my son were all at 6 weeks, I've had 2 12 years ago that we're later on but still in first trimester.  Yes keep thinking positive positive helps but you'll always have that niggling feeling in your head it drives you crazy!! I remember it so bad it's mental torture. I understand how your feeling try not to dwell too much keep busy and if you haven't had or booked a scan maybe think about getting one. You should most likely see a heartbeat now. Xx

• @Beni96
    Thanks hun. I know this corona has really messed things up!! 
    Hope you get somewhere with the midwifes soon. Aslong as your not high risk and they see you before 10 weeks all should be fine.  Im going to give my drs a ring on Monday.  X
  • @Bubz2018 yeah we are going to book a scan for 9 weeks i think were due to go away in a few days so that will keep my distracted until we can go for a scan xx
  • Hi there, and welcome to the newbies :) 

My boobs are slightly less sore too so perhaps it's normal after all. I'm 6 weeks 3 days today so I passed the 6 weeks mark when I had a miscarriage in 2018. 
    I have a private scan booked for 22nd and a. bit nervous about it. 
    Nausea comes and goes, doesn't affect my appetite though lol. 

I did a self referral online and they said 10 days to hear from them. It's 10 days today so I might give them a nudge if I haven't heard on Monday. They might be busier with corona and so on. 

I took a test today too (a cheapie I had left and the line showed immediately, before the control line, and was darker too). It put my mind at ease for a bit :)  

• Hi I’m new here hope I’m doing this right! Congratulations to you all 😊 
    I’ve just found out and I’m 5weeks & 4 days. Thought my period was just late as had usual period pain but nope did a test and was the biggest shock!! I’m really anxious as this is my first, the period cramps only seemed to get milder two days ago I had a phone call with the midwife yday she told me to keep an eye on them and if they get severe to head straight to A&E😩. Also may have UTI as have the aching feeling in stomach when needing a wee/having a wee its awful 🤢 had to take a sample in to get that checked still waiting on results. 
    So at the moment I have a constant dull ache and when I get in bed the cramps seem to flare up, aswell as the odd shorting/stabbing pain here and there.. anyone else feeling the same around this early on? Sorry for long message x
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions