Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2021

Replies

• Options
    @Nic29xoxo hey! Congratulations!!

I had period like cramps too, but they were mild and it felt like a pulling. Mine disappeared earlier this week and only lasted a few days. I do think it’s normal as it can either be the aftermath of implantation or just the blood flow to your uterus due to progesterone. I would say as long as it doesn’t get severe or youre bleeding/spotting then I think you should stay positive 😁

when my cramps were occurring, it was when I was tidying up, making the bed etc, but they did die down after sitting/resting :) 

take care and of course, ring your midwife if you are concerned! This is my first pregnancy and I only can comment what I have learnt from others :) xxxx
  • Options
    Welcome @Nic29xoxo congratulations! 😊 Around my week 4/5 i was the same i put it down to implantation and i suffered with thrush in these weeks which apparently is normal due to all the increasing hormones, try not to worry this page really put your mind at ease and it seems symptoms come and go them can disappear. Im 7 weeks tomorrow i did another test today a digital one that said im pregnant 3 weeks + so think my weeks are roughly accurate. Sending baby dust to everyone 💗❤
  • Options
    @emi90. That's a great idea going away.  Hopefully these two weeks will pass quickly for you x
  • Options
    @Bubz2018 I’ve had a missed misscarriage last year , so they might contact me between 6-10 weeks from what the heard . We will see 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️😅😅😅
  • Options
    @Beni96
    Sorry to hear of your missed miscarriage hun. My second miscarriage in 2017 was a missed one also! 
    Iv seen you can self refer at some early pregnancy units  might be worth seeing if you could do that if you don't hear anything and explain your explain your history?!
      Im going to stick with ringing drs for now. Just coz of the corona situ, you can't take kids to hospital epu and i don't want to be asking family to watch kids coz i don't want them to know. My aunt and cuz know but their in Gibraltar! X
  • Options
    @Bubz2018 yeah I will see if they message me , if not I will call my GP again on Monday afternoon x that’s what they told me to do if the midwifes don’t get back to me within a week and they still haven’t . 
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the reassurance And speedy reply!! 🥰  @Bess8619 The cramps seem to be a little milder now so that’s a good thing I’ll see how they go and contact the midwife if it gets worse, sounds right about the implantation I just didn’t expect the cramps to be as painful, but perhaps it’s now because of suspected water infection. I’ve had the odd twinges too when walking about and tidying up etc. Take care and congratulations to you too ☺️ Xx

& thankyou @emi90 you’re so right this page hasn’t half put my mind at ease, and you have too seems the cramping is common around 4/5 weeks then. Also true about the symptoms coming and going I had really painful breast tenderness which just seemed to disappear all day yesterday I was a bit worried, then woke up today and it’s back with a vengeance! Lol. I’m gonna do another digital next week too I can’t stop doing tests! 🙈
    take care and congratulations to you too xx
  • Options
    @Nic29xoxo sounds like ALL of us are experiencing the same or similar? So seems to me, it’s deffo normal!

glad us ladies have each other to try and keep each other sane. Glad your cramps have got milder but yeah the UTI probs is causing some discomfort. I am really prone to vaginitis/UTIs, so I am going to have to keep an eye on myself. Funnily enough, the day I found out I was pregnant I went for a swab to check for BV! So I’ve had antibiotics already and only 5 weeks haha xxx
  • Options
    @Bess8619 so true! This page is amazing so glad I came across it. Oh no really! 😩 Nothing worse than water infections is there i’m quite prone to them aswell, hopefully no more for us both throughout xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies huge congratulations, I just got a bfp this morning 😍 it's our second baby my daughter was 1 last month super excited! I'm not quite sure how far along think around 6 weeks. Wishing everyone a happy healthy 9 months!! Xxx
  • Options
    @Beni96. Hope you get somewhere on Monday hun.  Systems so frustrating now! X
  • Options
    Hi @Hol2307 
    Congratulations lovely!  Your daughter just turned 1 happy belated birthday to your princess!!  Wow 😍  
    Have a happy healthy 9 month too lovely x
  • Options
    @Hol2307 welcome and congratulations! Do any of you girls get the light-headedness feeling? Ive had it since conception which is how i knew to take a test? 
  • Options
    @emi90 iv just started getting it hun its quite extreme though iv had to sit down dizzy feeling. I never felt like this with my others, also really bad soreness in boobs has eased! Got a awful metal taste in mouth too!! I'm 4 weeks 6 days today my tests are extremely dark started quite light on Wednesday now really dark!! X
  • Options
    Im guessing its all down to a surge in hormones! Feel abit nauseous after ive eaten today and have a headache but boobs are less sore today xx
  • Options
    Yes and the blood pumps a lot faster aswel so could be due to that.  Have you had shortness of breath too?  Iv had that can't walk upstairs without getting short of breath unusual for me 
  • Options
    X
  • Options
    @Bubz2018 No ive not noticed any shortness of breath. Ive noticed i get awful travel sickness which i dont normally suffer with so thats a new symptom for me. Has anyone else had this? Xx
  • Options
    @Bubz2018 I know you said you get cramps now and then , but can I ask you , do you experience strong cramps in one side of the abdomen too ?? Also I sometimes feel like I need ... you know - number 2 lol - beavsue I have this pressure in my belly , but then when I try to go toilet I can’t .... I don’t know if that is normal or am I just paranoid and panicking for nothing :( 
  • Options
    @Beni96. I had really really bad cramps just before my period was due like really immense i was completely baffled don't get pain like that. But from what your saying it sounds like the stretches of uterus do you get the cramps when you move suddenly or do they just come randomly. The number 2 thing is normal constipation is sympton due to hormones on one. My bowels are one minute moving one minute not first they we're moving all the time.   If your cramps are getting too much though do mention it to drs coz you shouldn't be in pain xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions