Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2021

Replies

• @emi90
    That is a odd one too travel sickness!! I think its amazing how our bodies react to pregnancy!!  I've noticed i only get sickness and start Gipping when brushing my teeth and washing my face and taking my vitamins.xx
  • Beni96Beni96 Regular
    edited Sep 14, 2020 5:53AM
    @Bubz2018 they come randomly mostly when I wake up in the morning still laying down and evening . They’re not painful , but I feel them in my groin and feel them really strong . I got scared because yesterday evening the cramp was actually so strong I felt really uncomfortable and even when I changed position it didn’t go away . That’s what made me write the comment as I felt really big pressure in the uterus along with cramp that was actually quiet strong and painful 
  • Hopefully its just your uterus stretching? Have you had any pelvic surgery before? Just asking coz i have and ashesions could be the reason!  I'd definitely mention it to your dr as its concerning you especially if they continue and get worse!!  I haven't had none for a while just the sudden movements and before i go loo. X
  • @Beni96 how many weeks are you?
    I had awful period-like cramps week 4 and they started to go away week 5. If you're worried get them checked out though x
  • Hi ladies, I got my BFP a couple of weeks ago and think am at 6 weeks now, EDD of 10/05/21. Would love to come and chat with you all as this is my first baby and I am quite terrified currently - I've been TTC for 18 months and had 2 previous early losses so I am overanalysing every little twinge. I was diagnosed as hypothyroid and started on meds for that so I am hoping that was causing the probs and will have done the trick.

@Beni96 I don't know if it's normal but I have definitely been getting a lot of tummy pain, I think mainly IBS related. It is scary isn't it :( 

So far not many symptoms, some mild nausea, constant aching boobs, constipation... that's about it... in a way I am wanting sickness etc to kick in so at least I feel pregnant! 

has anyone booked their midwife appt yet? x
  • Welcome @ClareyBear87 totally get the wanting to feel sick for reassurance im exactly the same over analysing everything. Im now roughly 7 weeks and noticed an increase in white cervical mucus today but thats it sorry for tmi. Anyone else had this? Light-headedness is in full force today xx
  • Beni96Beni96 Regular
    edited Sep 14, 2020 11:34AM
    @SW123 im 5 weeks 3 Days Pregnant. I had them worse on week 4 but what concerns me is why it’s only on one side (right side) of my abdomen ... im really panicking about having an ectopic or something , don’t know why 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ Just stupid I think haha . And yeah I’ve referred myself to the midwifes . But they said the referral has to take some time to get through it won’t be immediately 
  • @emi90 not noticed that myself but have read that that's a normal sign of pregnancy.
    Welcome @ClareyBear87, it's my first too so I'm feeling anxious but trying to relax as much as poss. I've got my midwife appointment on 2nd October, when I'll be nearly 10 weeks. They told me not to worry about contacting them initially until I was 6 weeks, but it may me different different places.
    @Beni96 mine was sometimes one-sided. I now also have pain if I stand up too quick on one side. Hopefully the midwives will be in touch soon though and be able to give you some reassurance x
  • @emi90 100% I hope for a girl but if not I’m perfectly okay with it as long as it gets here happy and healthy! How are you feeling? I saw that you were saying you feel light headed, I also get that when I stand up but I just got some results back from my blood test and it says my red blood cells are low and the larger than they should which indicates anemia. I’m hoping to hear from my OB today to talk about it. They also did a HCG test and mine came back at 96 on exactly 4 weeks. Some sites say its normal and other say that amount indicates I’m only 2 weeks along.. I’m so confused and just hoping to hear from the doctor so they can reassure me everything is normal.

@ClareyBear87 When can book a midwife appt? Im only 4 weeks 4 days today so I haven’t bothered to reach out to a midwife yet.

• @SW123 thank you for your support really put me at ease for now x 
  • @Emmagem with my first pregnancy they said something about my white blood cell count being low so it maybe something similar but due to covid all appointments are telephone consultations so had no blood tests or anything yet. Im going to try and get a private scan about 9 weeks to ease our minds. Its also very hard to believe its happening until ive seen the scan is all ok xxx
  • Thank you for the welcome ladies. I look forward to chatting with you all as our journeys progress.

@emi90 yep definitely had some light headedness, especially when standing up quickly or first thing in the morning. I think we might try and book an early scan for 8/9 weeks too for reassurance, but I am scared whether it poses a risk to the baby as I believe it has to be internal at that stage of preg?

@Sw123 that's excited you're booked in - is the appt in person or just a phone chat?

@Emmagem I believe you usually have the initial midwife booking appt at around 8-10 weeks - I just have to ring my GP surgery and book in through them (I am in UK so obviously varies depending on where you are)…. I haven't done so yet, as with my last preg I booked it in and then had to cancel when I lost the baby :( I will maybe ring up next wk and book then if all is still going well. How far along ru currently?

I am glad to hear no-one is having much in the way of sickness etc yet, I guess its just too early and obviously its good we're feeling Ok... I just find it hard to believe there's anything actually in there currently lol! But got 3+ on the digital test yday so that has made it seem like something is actually happening :) 
  • @emi90
    Same here all my appt have been phone visits as well. I checked my results online and doctor said i could give them a call if i dont hear from them but im so impatient that i will probably call today haha
    Thats exciting that your going to get a scan soon! I fell the same, I just want to see the baby even if it doesnt look like one yet and i just want to see or hear the little flicker of the heart beat and I  will feel better. Its hard when you dont feel pregnant! How far along are you and when is your due date?
    @ClareyBear87
    Oh okay, thank you! I remember my friend saying something about her midwife not getting back to her for a while because she was too early for an appt but i just didnt know when  was far along enough.
    really sorry to hear that you lost your baby and had to cancel your appt with the midwife. congrats on this pregnancy and getting your rainbow baby xx
    Im 4 weeks and 4 days today. Im super early still but my cycles were only 27 days at max so i found out pretty quickly when Af didnt show. My due date is May 20, 2021
  • @Emmagem im roughly 7 weeks. I ovulated around the 18th August which was a little later than my normal ovulation but i put it down to the fact that i only had a chemical pregnancy on the 26th July so that delayed my cycle abit. But it will be 7 weeks from then. I think id be due around the 10th may but im not 100% so i guess will know more after a scan. Im keeping everything crossed 3rd time lucky 🤞🤰
  • @emi90
    Sorry you had a chemical xx but congrats on this pregnancy!
    I used an online due date calculator to find out my due date, but same you never know until you have a scan what date they will say. With my first they changed my due date twice and the last one was accurate, i ended up in labor on my due date and had my son the next day :smile:

Have you started thinking of names yet or is it just me? haha 
  • We started discussing names last time so we promised each other we wouldnt until we had confirmation of a scan this time xx
  • Feeling rather anxious today as ive woke up with no symptoms 😥
  •  Congratulations @ClareyBear87 wishing you a healthy happy pregnancy. 

@emi90. Bless ya hun. Our bodies don't half give us torture in early pregnancy especially when we have experienced loss. I hope you feel some symptoms soon to reassure you lovely! X
  • @Emi90 think you're exactly the same as me - I reckon I Oed around 18th Aug too, and I am exactly 6 weeks today based on LMP - due date calculator is saying 10th May 2021 as my due date... I've had 2 chemicals previously and they really suck don't they :( Do you think you'll book an early scan for reassurance? I have very few symptoms at this stage either and it is unnerving, but I think for a lot of people they don't really get going until a few weeks later... x
  • Thanks @Bubz2018 some ladies must think were mad wanting to feel sickness signs constantly but at this stage its the only reassurance we have. Xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions