Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2021

Replies

• @bubz2018 definitely, overanalysing every twinge at the mo! :( But I think every pregnancy is different and I think it is common to have gastro type problems in early preg so hopefully its within the realm of normal. When you've had early scans in the past hun have they always been internal at this stage? Do you know how many weeks you have to be for them to be able to do an external scan? x
  • @Beni96. Don't be sorry hun. JuSt sounds like bubu was burrowing in more, and the pains when you get up are the stretches of the uterus, i get the odd ibs but not as bad as you ladies my bowels are a bit odd though.  I definitely think you feeling so sick is a not so fun reassuring sign. 😊 xx
  • @Bubz2018 feeling ok thanks this morning, felt abit sick last night but think id had too much fizzy drinks. Still feel lightheaded but thats it other than feeling bloated. @SW123 so glad you dont have to isolate and can get a scan tomorrow. Alot of people get spotting and like @ClareyBear87 said it hasnt progressed which is good. Xx
  • @emi90 that's good obvs not feeling sick well it is and isn't for us catch 22. Hopefully some of us will get away with the sickness!!

@clareybear87
    Yes most of the time been internal i think i was around 8 weeks when i had my first abdominal. Rest assured it doesn't and can't harm the baby. I had to have so many scans in my last pregnancy coz i was under miscarriage unit and i had ones when the pregnancy wasn't viable and i had ones when it was and i was fine i had 2 internal ones one at 6+1 and one 7+1 then 8+3 was abdominal , but all depends on what they can see and what they need to see to get right measurements. Bubu is well protected in there!! Xx
  • Hi all, sorry I went awol. Had a busy and stressful week. 

It's my birthday today and I have been trying to book a covid test for my son since Sunday night. I had booked one and a half week leave at work to have some me-time and a break. My son and I have spent pretty much 24/7 together since he's born (he's 19 months now) and I was looking forward to have a bit of time to do gardening, shopping etc.. I even booked my scan next Tuesday as he is not allowed to be with us.

But now I have to use my leave because the nursery won't take him. I don't blame the nursery they are following rules but it's incredibly frustrating to isolate when I'm 100% sure he'd be negative. 
    Last month he had roseola and had to be tested for covid and they lost his results I had to take time off already. I'm sick of isolating. OH is a key worker so can't really afford to do the childcare but it is taking its toll on me. Nevermind I have waves of nausea throughout the day. Not my son's fault obviously but nursery is a germ ground and the thought of isolating every other week because kids has sniffles is driving me mad
    Definitely not how I imagined I would spend my birthday but here we are...

Sorry for the rant :) 

@SW123 : I hope your scan goes ok tomorrow. Many women spot in early pregnancy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed the scan will put your mind at ease. x

Marion (7w, 1d) 

• Happy birthday @Mary58 bless you hun. Its a right drama this covid situation.  i hope your little boy is ok though ! IIv been trying to get a test for my daughter since last Thursday no luck the school brought me one on monday .Doesn't the nursery have any? Maybe worth an ask!
    Isolating isn't fun when your used to been out and about (doesn't bother me so much i hardly leave my house alone due to pain n other problems aswel as anxiety etc)  hopefully you can celebrate your birthday when things improve for you!! 
    My hubbys bday tomorrow got to get my baking head on.xx
  • @Bubz2018 i hope you’re right and I hope everything will go well in my early scan , although still don’t know when I’ll have it 🤷🏼‍♀️ Waiting for midwifes to get back to me :)
  • Hello, 
    Hope you don’t mind me joining in. I did a test last Tuesday night and found out that I’m pregnant. My due date is 21st of May. 
    This will be my second pregnancy. I had a little girl born in 2017, she was 10 weeks early. I’ve been told that I could have an early baby again (so might end up not being a May baby) so hope you don’t mind me tagging along here anyway. 
    I used the forum last time and found it really reassuring and loved having a group of girls to talk to while I was going through my pregnancy 💕 xxx
  • @Milly:-) welcome and congratulations. Wow 10 weeks early i bet she was soo tiny 😍 xx
  • @Beni96
    Gosh they are taking their sweet time arent they?  Did you chase them up? How far are you now?
    My smell senses have kicked in i can't stand certain smells in my house. Im gonna have to go round with my home made cleaner that smell of armani diamonds.  Even kids bubble bath is yakkk! Xx

Congratulations @Milly:-) hope you have a healthy happy pregnancy! Xx bet Your daughter was like a little doll.bless her xx
  • Thank you! 
    Yes she was teeny tiny. She weighed 2lb 13oz when she was born. She did amazing though and was home within 5 weeks. It was me that was the worry(!) I had preeclampsia and was pretty ill. Not sure if I’m completely mad doing this again. Just felt like there was someone missing, and desperately wanted to make our little girl a big sister (she’ll be amazing). I’ve already been started on Aspirin, and will be on a “Red Pathway” so consultant led. I’m sure I’ll be well looked after, but it’s still a worry.  — also we had been trying for a year and I just received the forms to the infertility clinic the day I found out! It’s came as a complete surprise! x
  • Oh wow that's amazing hun!! I love a happy ending story!! I was monitored in my last pregnancy because they was convinced I'd get preclampsia (had protein in urine from 11 weeks) so was under hospital care all the way. My trauma happened during and after the birth i wont go into it but its on here to read if you wish! Not sure what they'll do with me this time as ik 35 now too never thought I'd do this again either but I'm ready to face whatever comes out way!!
    They do say if you develop preclampsia in one pregnancy you'll most likely have it in the next pregnancy,  i get what you mean about someone missing, girls are amazing such blessings my daughter is the best big sis!!  Glad they're taking good care of you, i should be starting on aspirin too as i have a blood clotting disorder xx
  • Hi ladies, I know a few of you already but got my bfp today and hope you don’t mind I scoot on over here! This was our 5th month trying and I was starting to get a little doubtful that it was going to happen. This BFP certainly came as a surprise with just no spotting before AF as my only ‘symptom’. 

According to my dates I will be due on 26th of May, however, I was 14 days late with my son so I’m already setting myself for an early June baby! 

Am not getting too excited as it’s so early and I had a mmc at 12 weeks with my first baby before my son so I guess I have that at the back of my mind to protect myself and not get too invested! 

Love these groups and looking forward to seeing everyone’s journey. 

Xx
  • @Bubz2018 tez i did hun x I’m only 5 weeks 5 days so I guess they’ll wait till around 6-7 weeks probably . My IBS is still very bad today , don’t know what’s going on it feels like someone is stabbing me on the right side under my ribs going till the very bottom of my stomach . Don’t know what is going on but it’s really weird :/ I’m feeling a bit nauseous since yesterday , maybe it’s just something I ate . I’ve got the same problem with my sense of smell everything makes me gag 😭🙈🤦🏼‍♀️😂😂
  • Congratulations @RiaMushk, have a happy healthy pregnancy! X

@Beni96 yeah maybe they will they seem to wait till around 6 weeks normally but with covid who knows!!  Sounds like it could be your gallbladder giving you trouble hopefully it'll pass if not mention it to drs , a lot of women get gallbladder trouble in pregnancy!!  Mine went after my pregnancy but now i know my sickness was really bad because of the huge stone i had !!! 

Not fun is it but its also quite reassuring. My house smells of armani diamonds now  😂. See How i get on with dinner.   
    Xx
  • @Bubz2018 I’m not sure as just had a colonoscopy and gastroscopy done 3 weeks ago before I found out I’m pregnant and everything was perfect with all my intestines !! 😳😁 maybe it’s just indigestion due to the hormones etc . I heard it’s common specially with IBS . And the ovary pain also can be because of hormone changes but obviously want to check it out but the wait is killing me seriously 🥺🥺
  • Oh ok. Not sure if they detect gallstones though! I had to have scan to detect mine, have you had a scan around that area?   
    Yeah definitely hormones cause so much bloating and that does make us uncomfortable. Plus the ibs. Not sure about ovary pain whenever I've ever had pain they've wanted to make sure things are OK maybe that's coz im high risk for ectopic x  if it persists and your worried ring drs they'll refer you to epu xx
  • Good Evening Ladies! I did a test and got a BFP this morning. Very very early at 3w 3d’s. Trying not to get too excited as I’ve had two early miscarriages in the past 18 months but staying positive! According to my app, I’ll be due 31st May so only just making it into the group! Xx
  • Hi everyone, can I join you please? Dh and I have been ttc for 20 months and we had a missed miscarriage in May, followed by an ERPC. We got our bfp this time on Friday teatime, but as I was only 10/11dpo at the time, the online calculator says I'm 4+1 today and my due date is 25th May, so very very early days. I've had 2 missed miscarriages and 2 early miscarriages at 5+4 weeks, so I'm super nervous this time. X
  • @sw1w3 how did you get on? Im still feeling anxious with lack of symptoms its making me paranoid.  Xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions