Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021

PUL between 4-6wks

Hi ladies,

Really just here looking for an ounce of hope. :( 

Got my BFP on the 18/9/2020 but it was  very faint. On Saturday I started bleeding after intercourse. It was heavy but only when I urinated, it never filled a pad and it wasn’t like my usual period flow which is HEAVY and would increase over hours.  On Sunday I went UCC and they did another pregnancy test which was a strong positive. At this time I was also told I had a UTI so I was prescribed antibiotics and booked in to go EPU on the 21/9. 

21/9 went EPU and had a transvaginal scan and they couldn’t see any sign of pregnancy. None! So they marked it as PUL (pregnancy unknown location) they decided  to do a HCG test and told me it’s either 3 things, I’m too early to see anything, ectopic pregnancy or Failing pregnancy. And said I should come back in 48hrs which is today 23/9. I just gone and had my bloods done now I have to wait to hear the results. 

I’ve been an absolute mess, having outburst of cries and just not knowing how I can get pass this, I really hope everything’s ok but the nurses showed no compassion whatsoever. 

HCG levels on 21/9 were : 119 and progesterone 13.1 

Anyone else ever had a PUL and bleeding and have a healthy pregnancy thereafter ?? 

Replies

• @Peace_3008 Sorry I have just read this. I've never heard of a PUL and I am hoping it is just too early to be seen on a scan. Did you have your results back? x