Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited May 1, 2021 11:08AM
    Hello girls !!!
    So I have been admitted to hospital on Tuesday due to my naughty lady being transverse and needed a c section booked for 5th of May. Well she decided to turn head down yesterday and they induced me straight away (38+5) , didn't need a c section she arrived on maternity ward bed at 03:09 rather than delivery suite as the contractions were so strong for few hours and then from the pushing part I gave birth within 2 pushes within 5 minutes 🙈🙈🙈 she's 6.1lbs my tiny bubba (my first was 8.8lbs so for me she's tiny) . I'm completely in love with her. Thabk you all for being so supportive tfor me 🌸🌸❤❤❤❤💖💖💖
  • Awww @Benka96 shes absolutely beautiful so tiny snd precious 🥰 im so relieved for you that you managed to deliver her naturally as i know how scared you was. Im counting down to Thursday now to meet my little man 🥰🥰
  • @Benka96 aww she is like a little doll! Beautiful. Congratulations. Hope your both doing well xxx
  • Thank you girls xx @Bethan_xo yes we are both perfect  we are getting discharged soon xxx 
  • @Benka96 congratulations, she is so precious!xxx
  • @Benka96 : congrats! A gorgeous little one and quick and efficient labour too! 

I am induced tomorrow, had a sweep on Wednesday but nothing happened so need to call in the morning to be given a time for induction.
    it feels surreal to be honest 😱

it’s my second and I still feel unprepared 😂 
    My first was a long and painful labour and had to use ventouse which was a bit traumatic, so starting to get anxious now 😬 It’s got to be done though haha. 

I’ll keep you all in the loop. Good luck to all of us 👍😂
  • @Benka96 congratulations she’s gorgeous!!! 

@Mary58 I’m being induced Wednesday and have to ring up in the morning had a failed sweep Thursday Too then declined the one I had booked today as it hurt me 🤦🏻‍♀️ Good luck for tomorrow hopefully it’s quick for you 
  • Hey ladies, hope your all doing okay. Im so excited to see more birth anouncements🥰
  • Hope your all enjoying the verg wet bank holiday girls haha. Hope the ladies whos beautiful babies have already arrived are recovering and settling into a routine. Ive got my pre op today feels so real now but im so scared of the section haha 🙈
  • Looks like there will be a few more births this next week , good luck to you all I can’t wait to see pictures 💕💙 how exciting . I think there’s only a couple of us that arnt getting induced or having a planned section! I still have 23 days until due date , wonder when she will make an appearance 💕 im so ready now 🤣 xx 
  • Mary58 - 28 April 💙 (Milo Alexander)
    Debzh88 - 2nd May 💖 Hallie 15/04/21 
    SW123- 6th May 💙 (no name yet)
    Buttercupmummy -6th May 💙 Maxwell 
    Benka96 - 10th May 💖 (Liliana Maria)
    BethO - 12th May 💖 (Mara Madelyn)
    Bess8619 - 14th May 💛
    Milly:-) - 16th May 💙 (Harris) 22/04/21
    Bubz2018 -16th May 💖(Miss Safir) 
    HippieMama4 - 20th May 💛
    Riamushk - 21st May 💙 (Otis) 
    Bethan_xo - 26th May 💖 (Rosie Sophia)
    BethanyJean - 10th June 💖 (Ida Jean)

I feel like we need an update on the list.. @Benka96 did your little one arrive 30th April or 1st May?xx
  • Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited May 4, 2021 11:14AM
    Hi girls thank you I'm in love wuth her. But we are in the hospital,  because she started chocking on mucus,  she went purple and cold and I thought she's gonna die.....I sucked the mucus out of her mouth with my mouth and she started breathing.....and that saved her before the ambulance came.....I'm gonna have a really bad trauma now for a while,  we are in hospital since Saturday evening , all is fine with her , she seen on antibiotics but she's coming off them today as there isn't any infection. All her checks and tests are good , hopefully we will be oout today or tomorrow. 
  • @Benka96 Popping over from April due date, had the same thing happen with my wee lady, she was sick and all bunged with mucus as she's a c section baby. Midwife was actually here at the time and called an ambulance. Found the following week very hard and very anxious but you'll be okay. I know that seems unlikely at the moment though. Hope you get home today xx
  • @Benka96 @Fairycakes88 omg this absolutely terrifies me! So glad to hear your little girls are both okay but i can imagine how anxious you both are! My section is Thursday we have to be there for 7.30 but unsure what time ill be going down for surgery until the day.  @BethO are you still going to be induced tomorrow? Xx
  • @Buttercupmummy yes I believe so! I unfortunately have a thrush infection so my sweep last Thursday was not only unsuccessful as my cervix wee closed but mega painful! I bled until Sunday so I cancelled the second sweep. My doctor has prescribed me a pessary for the thrush and the midwife said I can use it tonight and it won’t interfere with induction. I ring up at 8am tomorrow to confirm bed availability then they give me a time it says on the leaflet there can be delays but I hope not as I’m so ready! I’m hoping to be in Wednesday and home by Saturday as I want to be realistic with it can take a few days. See how it goes but crossing my fingers when I call at 8 they say to go straight in, I’m gonna treat it like getting a doctors appointment and ring from 7.55 to get there first 😂😂
  • @BethO aww how exciting! Oh hopefully the pessary clears it up for you thrush is the worst! Yeah im hoping im one of the first on the list for Thursday as ill have longer to be more and more nervous of the section. Im also hoping to be home for Saturday but i guess we will have to see. I still need to pack my bag for me 🙈 hes all sorted but not me haha so unorganised xx
  • Congratulations @Benka96, I'm so pleased you had the natural delivery you wanted! Your little lady is beautiful 🥰 

My daughters anti choked on their mucus. My first did it while we were still in the birth unit so they whisked her away and got it out as she stopped breathing and I panicked. My second had it happen for about 2 weeks after she was born, most days. She didn't stop breathing but she would choke. I used a nasal aspirator to suck it out and she was fine every time. I've bought an aspirator for this baby already, just in case.

@BethO good luck for tomorrow!

And @Buttercupmummy good luck for Thursday!!

So exciting seeing all the babies being born now!

@Bethan_xo I'm one of the ones not being induced or anything. I'm 37+5 tonight and have my next appointment on Monday. They've said I can have a sweep that day but I'm going to decline it until my due date. They want to induce me on my due date but I'm going to decline that also, unless there's a problem with baby. X
  • Hello girl! A quick hello from Milo born on Monday 3rd at 09:12. I was induced on Sunday at 9pm. Asked for painkillers at 12am as small contractions. Got intense at 3pm but couldn’t take more painkillers. Not gonna lie I spent the wait in agony 🙄 and got transferred to labour ward at 4.25am as I was 4cm. I managed to ask (beg!) for an epidural which I got at 6am and by 6.30am I was a new woman. I could still feel pressure and contractions but was manageable. Pushed 3 times and Milo was born at 09:12am. 

We are still in hospital as the cleft lip and palate means we have to establish feeding before being sent home. Hopefully discharged tomorrow though 🙏 

Good luck for all of those waiting for their turn. Not long to go! Can’t wait to see the announcements here 🍼
  • @Benka96 that sounds so scary, I hope you and your baby girl are okay. 💕💕

@Mary58 wow congratulations 😍 what a handsome chap! I absolutely love his outfit, where is it from if you don’t mind me asking? Hope you’re discharged soon xx
  • Aww wow Congratulations @Mary58 hes such a beauty 💙 what did he weigh? Glad your both okay xx