Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• Congratulations @BethO!! 🥰

@RiaMushk I'm still here! 38+3 today and apart from strong Braxton Hicks and the occasional punch downwards from baby, I've got no signs of baby making an appearance. My first was induced, my second was born a day before her due date and my last one was born on her due date. I've been offered a sweep tomorrow but I'm declining due to the building work not being anywhere near finished yet. If it was complete I would say yes as I'm so uncomfortable now, but I'm trying to hold on to get as far as possible with the conversion. 

I had a surprise baby shower today. 🎊My friend from was picking me up for lunch at her house (so she told me) but we went to another friend's house and my team were all there! (6 of us in total). I cried when I saw them all, I had no idea at all. It was so lovely and I felt truly pampered by them all. I haven't seen most of them since the beginning of January, when I was told to work from home due to being high risk of Covid, and I've really missed them and felt very out of the loop. We played games and had afternoon tea, I got lots of pampering presents and also gifts for the baby, and money to spend on whatever I like. I feel so spoilt, it was wonderful 🥰 x
  • Has anyone suddenly got swollen feet by the way? My right foot is worse than my left one. Nothing else is swollen, my hands are bigger due to putting on 3 stone, but they're not swollen like my feet. X
  • @HippieMama4 awww that sounds lovely !! 

I’m 37+5 today and I’m so uncomfortable. I havnt felt right for days .I’ve started losing my plug but only little bits of it . And the other night I had contractions for an hour then they just fizzled out! Probably braxton hicks but they were coming often and felt just like early contractions . I’ve also been feeling sick every time I eat . I’m feeling so fed up 🙈 . 

Is there a reason she’s offering you an early sweep? I have midwife on Thursday but I know she won’t give me one until after my due date 😢 xx 
  • Hey ladies hope your all well! Im currently been monitored in hospital, im 2cm dilated and the monitor is showing i am contracting but still quite spaced out. Has anyone had anything like this in previous pregnancies or know anyone who has? Im only 35+4 xxx
  • Hey ya'll I am 38+5 I'm having my second I'm having back pain and pressure can't sleep at all I'm hoping he is gonna come soon what do ya think?
  • @Bethan_xo I'm glad it's not just me feeling fed up now. I had a rough night last night, was awake 1.05am-3.30pm, had the runs in that time and also had acid vomit in my mouth. Twice more had the runs once I got up this morning and also feel really sick. Not having anything that makes me think labour is starting, just the odd stabbing pain in my stomach now and again that goes as quickly as it comes. 

It might not be long for you if you're starting to lose your plug now. I haven't had anything like that yet.

She's offering me a sweep because of my age. They also want to induce me on my due date as the protocol is if you're over a certain age they worry the placenta will stop working as efficiently. I can of course decline both, as I am doing at the moment. I may ask her what she thinks about how I've been feeling today though. 

@Bethanyjean I went in to be induced with my first and I was 3cm dilated and contracting and I had no idea, I couldn't feel a thing. Not even like Braxton Hicks; literally nothing. They said I could have been walking around like that for up to a week, so I don't think it always means you'll be in labour soon. X
  • @Bethanyjean when I went for induction I was 2cm and lost bits of mucus plug (a week before, gradually) but there was no sign of labour being imminent. But then labour is quite unpredictable. My friend went to be induced on Friday, had 4 pessaries before giving birth on Sunday evening! I went in Sunday evening got 1 pessary and gave birth Monday morning 💁🏻‍♀️. I guess it depends on women. We were in hospital at the same time but not allowed to see each other. 

@Mistyjane: back pain and pressure could be a sign 🤞🏻
  • @Mary58 im not sure if im loosing my plug in small pieces, it doesnt look like it but i cant think of what else it could be🙈 im still in the hospital now xxx
  • @Mistyjane could definitely mean the start of something . Fingers crossed ! 

@HippieMama4 ahh I see ! Not much longer to go now . The runs and how you been feeling does seem like it could be near ! 

@Bethanyjean  oh wow ! Looks like baby girl might come earlier than expected . What promoted you to go to hospital ? Hope everything going ok! 

So I’ve had a few episodes of contractions that have lasted hours then fizzled out . I’ve been losing my plug bit by bit (no blood or anything) and I’ve woken up this morning so achy and crampy. I’m praying it’s the sign of the start of things but I feel like I couldn’t possibly go into labour this early 🤣  xx 
  • @Bethan_xo i had some bleeding sunday night, but was fobbed off with no checks. Monday morning i saw my consultant who checked my cervix then (im o- so she needed to know if there was blood higher up to give me anti d injection if so). Im still none the wiser with what is going on though😫

How far are you now? Are you classed as full term now?xxx
  • Aw ladies it sounds like you’re all on the way!! 
    @HippieMama4 hope your house gets finished soon! We just moved back in and apart from a few shelves needing painting, we are good! Oh my, how lovely of your friends! That’s so wonderful 😍🙏🏻 Glad you got to feel pampered and showered with love! 

im seeing my doula today for a massage and a birth mandala session so that will be nice. Just have to trust my body now and try not to pay so much attention to every little sensation. 

My bump goes tight every now and then... is this braxton? Doesn’t hurt or anything, I thought it was baby just going all stiff or something but just wondering is that what tightenings are? 

Hoping everyone is taking it easy! 

• @Bethanyjean are you still at the hospital? I’m 38 weeks tomorrow . I’ve just been sick aswel , don’t know if that means anything ! Just going to see how things go , might still be weeks away 🙈. 

@RiaMushk that sounds like braxton hicks . Oo massage sounds lovely 😍x 
  • The runs didn't amount to anything at all, I'm still here, uncomfortable and now with very swollen feet (pic attached, not a good look! 🙈). 39 weeks exactly today and I reckon it will either be very late next week or the week after for me. 

@RiaMushk really glad you're back home now and only have little bits to do. Ours is miles away from being finished so I've given up on that idea. Baby will almost certainly be here before the rooms are even accessible 😒 never mind with the furniture in. Gutted, but it seems to be on a go slow now, which is very frustrating.

The tight feeling you're getting definitely sounds like Braxton Hicks. I get them a lot now and they're definitely getting stronger each day. If I'm out and about I often have to stop walking because they're so strong. 

What happens at a birth mandala session? X

• @HippieMama4 ouch they look painful! My feet seem to be ok so far fingers crossed . I’m still here waiting too .. due date 12 days away. Getting more fed up by the day . I’m getting so impatient 🙈 her head is starting to engage midwife said she’s ready but also doesn’t mean labour is imminent. She told me to get on the gym ball. I think I’ll be waiting a couple more weeks mind xx 
  • Morning ladies

well today is my due date! And still not even a twinge 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    I had my ‘show’ yesterday, however I’m still waiting for any further progress. Sooo impatient now, wanna meet my baby!

oh @HippieMama4 bless you.. those do look very swollen! Not long to go x
  • Happy due date @Bess8619 hope baby comes soon for you . 🤞 xxx
  • Aw thanks @Bethan_xo! Just saw your other comment above.. at least your baby’s head is starting to engage, mine had no signs at all at my appt on Wednesday!

ive also been told to get on the birthing ball 😂. They said my cervix was soft & at the front which is a good sign. Booked in for induction next Friday if baby doesn’t come sooner.. apparently our trust advise now not to go over 41 weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️ Xx
  • Hope your all well ladies! No progress since Monday for me! Ive been loosing my mucus plug though, also period pains on and off and stabbing sensations in my stomach. Slight niggly back ache like a period back pain, but nothing else so far! Im 36+1 now so finally getting closer to full term🤞 i wonder if we will make it there or not xx
  • How’s everyone getting on? Nothing to report here , still pregnant 🤣🤣 xx  
  • Yep no reports! 40+3 here and I don’t think this baby ever wants to come out 😂 x