Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Its the most amazing noice ive ever heard i feel so blessed 💕 @RiaMushk i hope these 2 weeks fly by for you 🤞 @SW123 oh maybe its baby wriggling hehe. Last night while in bed i kept getting like a pressure on and off in my tummy, i mentioned it to midwife and she said maybe when baby moves im feeling the pressure of my uterus against something. She said it will be more like a popping sensation ill feel at first with baby. They wrote the beats per min in my green book maybe see if shes put it in there xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, not been on for a little while so just been catching up with all your posts 💕. 
    I had my first consultation with my consultant yesterday, it was over the phone though which was a shame, but good to speak to her. She said she’d like to see me in clinic at around 24-26 weeks so I’ll meet her then. 
    I’m going to be getting an appointment to go in to learn how to take blood pressure readings and do urine dipsticks at home. I’ll be given a kit to take home and will be doing weekly checks from about 20 weeks so they can keep an eye on things. 

In other news... we have a gender scan tomorrow! I’ll be 16 weeks, hopefully they’ll be able to tell us, if not it’s okay, I’ll be happy just to have a scan for the reassurance. I’ve not felt too nervous throughout this pregnancy, but I’ve been feeling really anxious this past week so will put my mind at ease xx
  • Options
    @Milly:-) my consultations are over phone till april. It does seem crazy but glad they've got a good plan for you.  That two of you with scans tomorrow. Good luck hun the anxiety is horrid hopefully you'll feel better after ur scan xx
  • Options
    Thank you girls for reassurance xxx I'm glad I'm not alone 💓 💗  
  • Options
    @Milly:-) how exciting we both have gender scans tomorrow so excited! Good luck for yours hun xx
  • Options
    Thanks @emi90. Good luck for yours too 💕. Mine isn’t until 3.35 😬, I think tomorrow’s going to go in so slow! Lol. 

Our little girls so excited to find out if she’s going to have a baby brother or sister! Trying to find a fun way to tell her to make it exciting for her, since she isn’t able to come along to the scan due to Covid restrictions. 

I haven’t had any ideas this time what we’re having.. last time I thought I was having a boy and then we had a girl! So  I’m not guessing this time, although if anything I think it’ll be another girl. I’ve done all the online gender prediction quiz’s and they all say boy. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow hopefully... exciting 🤗!! xxx
  • Options
    Good luck at your gender scans tomorrow girls. Can’t wait to hear what you’re having!!

ive done something crazy... I’ve bought our nursery and our travel system today. I’ve saved £800 in Black Friday deals, it’s what we wanted I didn’t just get them because of the sale I was going to get them in the jan sale but I couldn’t pass up the deal. Am I mad? Considering 2 days ago I wasn’t going to buy one thing!!

gender scan has 100% made me feel more positive. Just sharing my bargains below. I got an extra £20 off the price of the pram too through the Emma’s diary app. 
    https://www.online4baby.com/for-baby/26823/ickle-bubba-Aston-Rose-Mercury-10-piece-Travel-System-Bundle-with-ISOFIX-Base---Stone

• Options
    @betho i don't think your mad at all tbh that's when i start to shop after a gender scan.  You've got some good deals there hun  less to worry about now xx
  • Options
    Good luck today @emi90 and @Milly:-). Look forward too your updates xx
  • Options
    Eeek excited for you both @Milly:-) and @emi90 xxx
  • Options
    @Bubz2018 @SW123 @RiaMushk @emi90 thank you. It was an ok day. Everyone was doing their own thing but that's ok.

@Milly:-) and @emi90 I hope your scans both went well! 

I've just got my letter with my combined results in. I'm a bit scared about the Downs one as it seems quite high to me. I know I'm an older mum, but hoping things are ok. 😧 x

• Options
    @HippieMama4 glad the day wasn't too bad for you. Try not to worry too much, my friend was an older mum and got a 1 in 8 chance and baby was fine. Look at it another way, 1 in 320 is still only a 0.3% chance! Xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies :) scan went really well and baby is all healthy 😍 we find out the gender tomorrow when we do our reveal with parents. She said my placenta is at the front. @HippieMama4 od they thought you werea concern and high risk they would of rang you hun so i wouldnt worry love. @Milly:-)  hope your scan went well xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone.. scan went really well, but baby was misbehaving and sitting in a really awkward position. I had to go in and out of the scan room three times(!) , bounce on a birthing ball, go up and down stairs, jiggle about, have juice and sweeties... but in the end we found out what we’re having...
    a little BOY! 💙 I’m absolutely over the moon. Really thrilled!! 
    And everything’s looking and sounding perfect xxx
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 nothing to worry about lovely they would say if so but mention it to midwifes if it is worrying you.
    @emi90 look forward to hearing the gender glad all is well. 
    @Milly:-) sounds like me when i had a, gender scan with my son 😂 congratulations hun. 💙 xx
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 i can understand your worry but honestly they would have said something if there was actually a higher risk. It must be just the sort of calculations of age etc! 

@emi90 awww glad everything went well!! Did you get a sense or a sneak peak at all? Hehehe I’m so worried that I’m accidentally going to see something at my scan! 
    You must be buzzing for tomorrow! How are you going to reveal it? 

@mi@"Milly:-)" omg!!!! A huge congrats!!!! How exciting!!! A wonderful little boy 💜 so glad you’re happy and after all that jumping around you finally got to see!! 

I think that’s one boy one girl in the group is it? Someone’s going to have to keep tally!! Xxx
  • Options
    Aww Congratulations how lovely @Milly:-) 💙

looking forward to finding out the gender tomorrow @emi90 !! 

• Options
    @riamushk 2boys 1girl i think lovely xx
  • Options
    Yes, we are absolutely over the moon. So lucky to be able to experience both a girl and now a boy. Our little girl doesn’t know yet, hopefully she’ll take the news of having a little brother well haha! 
    We got to listen to our baby’s heartbeat at the scan today too which was lovely, and she went over the scan with us really well, detailing all the parts and explaining things to us. It was really reassuring. We also got a peak at him in 3D xx
  • Options
    Yay, glad you both got to find out the gender! I think that is 2 boys and I’m the only one with a girl so far. Exciting to see what gender is added tomorrow. 

Is there anyone that isn’t finding out at all? 

Used my Doppler first time today and found the heartbeat after a minute or so as I know what I am looking for now but totally freaked out as started Googling and read you can heat up their brain by using it? I’m sure I should ban myself for looking into things too much!

i hope everyone is ok x