Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• @SS2020 aww wow not long for you now atall. Oh they sound good what you have bought off Amazon. Oh i bet you cant wait to finish. Im back in the salon next Tuesday for 2 weeks then i finish but i im dreading it as we are fully booked and i do 3 late nights so i know ill be shattered 😫 i absolutely need to sort my hospital bag out this week before i go back to work really xxx
  • We just realised after we spent hundreds on the video monitor with our first it wasn't needed. Oh bless you, I have to admit I have got a salon appointment booked in for next week to sort my hair out before little lady arrives hopefully. How many weeks are you now @Buttercupmummy?  X
  • @SS2020 aww i so want my hair doing but my poor hairdresser has suffered an aneurysm so wont be back in work until shes fully recovered and im too scared to try anyone else for my hair as had so many bad experiences in the past. So im currently rocking the ombre look 😂🙈 im 35 weeks today so ill be working till im 37+3 then ill be done for my section around 39 weeks 🥰 super excited now and scared of the op all at the same time. Xx
  • oh no your poor hair dresser! I am trying someone new - I figure there is only so much she can do with blonde highlights and I need to get rid of the greys! I am also booked in for a pedicure at the same time - cannot wait! Oh I know the feeling, I am going for natural but my consultant doesn't want me to go over due to I have a c-section date booked in case she doesn't come naturally. Which is nice a s I have a final date in mind and know that I won't be waiting forever for her to arrive. Only natural to be nervous - its a big op at the end of the day!  
  • Thank you for the recommendations on monitors ladies!

@Buttercupmummy i hope those few weeks at work will go quick for you and that you can rest in between treatments. 

I feel so impatient today, i feel so far behind you all im only 31 weeks today🙈 i feel like i just want to start doing stuff and washing her clothes but i feel like its far too early!xxx
  • I know bless her shes only about 28 aswell so not old. Oh im still waiting for my section date im getting impatient now 🙈  thankfully ive been taken off pedicures i dont think id get back up hahah lot of waxing for me to do though. I need my toes doing though as cant reach them as im sure none of us can xx
  • @Buttercupmummy it will be nice when you get a section date, atleast then you know what your aiming for! Im dreading not knowing when she will come, everyone i know for their first baby was late🙈xxx
  • @Bethanyjean my first was exactly 2 weeks late haha x I hope this one isn't overdue 😅 or at least not 2 weeks 😳
  • @Bethanyjeanmy first was exactly 2 weeks late haha x I hope this one isn't overdue 😅 or at least not 2 weeks 😳
  • @Bethanyjean I hate the not knowing! My first was 8 days over my second was 12 days over.  So I’m definitely expecting to go overdue ! My friend just had her second baby 2 weeks early I’m so jealous 🤣🤣 xxxxx
  • @Bethan_xo oh wow lucky she !!! I wish I could go into labour earlier 🤣🤣🤣
  • @Benka96 wow 2 weeks over, i will cry every day i go over not to be dramatic🤣🤣

Is it bad i am hoping she arrives ar bang on 37 weeks because shes full term then?🤔xx
  • I would love to go a little early but I would be very shocked if I did !
    anyone else’s babies non stop moving? She literally moves all day and all night. Some of the movements are getting uncomfortable now 😬 xx
  • @Bethan_xo everyone says ill be early but i just dont feel that will be the case🤣 oh yeah my little one is constantly moving, i feel her little toes or fingers wriggling against my sides sometimes!! I havnt had any feet in my ribs yet, but shes always pushing against my hips so i think shes curled up in there haha xx
  • Hey ladies, i was in for my weekly monitoring again this morning they said from the reading they could tell he was in a deep sleep again so it took an hour to reach the criteria so i could go home. They have brought forward my growth scan from next Friday to Monday and 🤞 sometime next week i may get my section date. Is it 37 weeks they class as full term? Xx
  • Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited Apr 11, 2021 9:50AM
    @Bethanyjean 🙈🤣Yep but knowing my luck i will probably go overdue hahaha ! But I have these strong braxton hicks contractions very often and sometimes painful at night and day from few days time,   and this pulling down sensation , I'm starting week 37 tomorrow , so MAYBE she will arrive before her due date, I'm hoping. But don't wanna be disappointed so not getting my hopes up too much lol x is anyone else experiencing painful braxton hicks? Almost like really bad period pains mine are 😳

@Buttercupmummy I thought they classed 38 weeks as full term xxx 
  • Yeah i was unsure. Im just looking at clothes for his hospital bag and i have a fair few vests but only 2 newborn sleepsuits 🙈 think i need to get more as ive mainly got 0/3 but i rekon especially with me having a section around 39 weeks its more than likely newborn will be thr best size..how many do you rekon ill need roughly 🤔 you always think you have plenty dont you haha
  • @Buttercupmummy I would definitely get some more newborn you’ll be surprised how big 0-3 will be. I’m not sure how many I’ve got but I’ve probably got 10-15 newborn baby grows xx 
  • HippieMama4HippieMama4 Regular
    edited Apr 11, 2021 4:11PM
    Thank you ladies for the advice re hiccups. I remember my son had them all the time when I was pregnant with him, and nobody ever said it was an issue. He had them for the first couple of weeks after he was born as well, but again never an issue.

@Benka96 maybe you won't go overdue this time. Are you going to start using a breast pump or clary sage from 38 weeks ish to try and get things started?

@SS2020 wow, I can't believe you're officially full term now! Do you know what brand of camera it is you got for the monitor? And is it battery or does it need to be plugged into a socket? Just thinking we need one that we'll be able to move to different rooms, or take with us when we visit family.

@Buttercupmummy I've only got 3 newborn sleepsuits, the rest of them are 0-3 months. There doesn't seem to be much difference in size with the ones I've got, but it may just be the brand. I've got Aldi newborn and 0-3 and Asda 0-3 there's probably only 2cm difference in length between them. 37-42 weeks is classed as full term.

I had another consultant appointment on Friday. It was a different consultant (I've never seen any of the people more than once throughout this whole pregnancy, it's been a different person every single time 🙄) and she has discharged me from consultant care and said to just carry on with the midwives (YES!!!✊). She said I'm healthier than most of the 20 year olds they get in, I'm not overweight and as the only reason I needed to be under a consultant is because of my age, she can discharge me. My bp is naturally 90/60 and the highest it's been this pregnancy is 110/80, I had a slight trace of protein in my urine 3 weeks ago but nothing last week (dh researched and it looks like I wasn't drinking enough so I've upped my liquid intake.)

Dh and I have written our birth preferences/plan and I'd put a copy in my notes. Unbeknown to me the consultant had read it before she got me in the room. Which is good.

She did say that as I'm over 40, that they would automatically recommend induction on my due date because there's a slightly higher risk of me having a stillbirth due to the placenta potentially not working properly by that time. She said it is only a recommendation and it's fully my choice, and if I say no I will be monitored twice a week in the unit until either I decide I want to be induced, or until labour starts naturally. She has also put it in my notes that with this in mind, the midwives can give me sweeps starting from 38 weeks. Induction would obviously mean no home birth and it would mean I would also bypass the birth centre and have to in straight to the medical labour ward. I pulled a face when she said that are it's literally like be conveyor belt of females in and out, midwives rushing from one room to another etc. She saw the look on my face and said "we're not that bad". 🙈 It is for me!! 

Our building work only started on Thursday last week, so I definitely don't want baby here in 4 weeks' time!! I'm going to research the stats for stillbirth/placenta malfunction in women over 40 and will make a decision nearer the time.

I really don't want to be induced -  we've just booked our birth pool to come on 29th April for 5 weeks, and dh has set our current snug up for me as a chill out and then birthing room. Obviously if there was a good reason for me to be induced I would never be reckless and put mine or baby's lives at risk, but if there's no actual reason for induction then we'll be declining it and trying to get labour going ourselves, AFTER my due date. 

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for baby to be here and for me to be able to walk properly, not be out of breath etc, but I don't want her born early by force and I would really like the building work finished if not almost, by the time she comes.

@RiaMushk how are you doing? We haven't heard from you in a while. How are your home birth plans going?

I keep forgetting to say, has anyone else noticed that their leg and armpit hair is hardly growing during pregnancy, but typically the area we can't see or reach very well anymore is still growing its hair at a normal rate? X
  • @HippieMama4 I was thinking to try and start bouncing on a birthing ball at around week 38 aswell , for now I'm a bit worried about her position as still I don't feel like she's head down and I'm starting week 37 tomorrow 🙈🙈🙈🙄