Forum homeβ€Ί Birth clubsβ€Ί Due in May 2021

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• @Debzh88 hope your last examination went okay and that you’re not feeling too uncomfortable πŸ€žπŸΌπŸ’•. Looking forward to hearing an update! πŸ‘ΆπŸ» xx
  • Good luck @Debzh88 !! Hope all goes smoothly . Oo the births will start rolling in soon 😁πŸ₯° xxΒ 
  • Sorry I have been quiet here. I was just checking whether any baby made an appearance yet :)Β 

I had my last growth scan yesterday as baby on the small side. They decided at the end of March that I would be induced at 39 weeks (which is next week!) but despite the baby being on 12 centile overall the growth is consistent so I'm not sure what will happen. I have an appointment with the consultant on 21st where he will review the charts and advise me on my options. I asked whether I should bring a bag just in case but nobosy seems to know anything. A bit annoyed the results of the scan are not sent to him straight away. I'd like a bit of notice if I'm induced to prepare metally. I've heard it's more painful and the idea the baby is 'forced out' doesn't sit well with me. It would also mean no birthing centre which is my favourite option.Β 
    Last time my birth plan was completely ignored so a bit worried this time round and feel they are not giving me any info.Β 

The only positive about getting an induction would be that I could organise childcare for my toddler but it's stressing me out not to know. I gather if baby was in distress or they had concerns they would have booked me in already but really frustrating.Β 

How ready people are feeling? I can't wait to meet the baby but everytime I'm thinking about little things that still need to be done. I'm sure it's just me faffing as we have all the essentials ready but guess the nerves are setting in. It feels surreal that we'll have a baby in the next few weeks.Β 

Good luck @Debzh88! Hope to see baby pics soon :)Β 

• @Mary58 lovely to hear from you hun. Keep us updated with this coming week and if they decide to induce you. Aslong as little ones growth is consistent and not dipped all will be fine. My mum said i never made the 1st line when she was having me Haha they made me my own individual line i was 4lb 3 but. I hope they take your birth plan into consideration this time hun. @Debzh88 hope all is well love.
    My feet have started to swell today but i think being back at work and constantly on my feet isint helping 😫 xx
  • Hi girlsΒ 
    My baby still seems to wiggle aroundΒ  a lot in my tummy , still not staying head down and I'm starting week 38 tomorrow....I'm getting concerned....I've been trying a lot of stuff to try get her to turn , maybe she will just before birth I'm hoping.Β 
    I've got midwife appointment on Wednesday,Β  so will see what she says. I'm hoping to start seeing some baby pictures aswell πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€πŸŒΈπŸŒΈ @Debzh88 hope you're all well hunny and probably busy with your little one already πŸ’• xxxΒ 

• Well this little lady decided to cause all sorts of problems for her mummy and caused her to have an emergency section! Β Welcome Hallie! Β 37+4 weeks, 7lb 12oz born on the 15th at 1106!
    xxx two very happy big brothers!
  • Aww @Debzh88 Congratulations she's absolutely beautiful πŸ’•πŸ₯° thats a good weight aswell. Hope your section went as smoothly as possible considering it was an emergency. Hope your resting lots and recovering πŸ’•πŸ’•Β  long did you have to stay in after your section? Xx
  • Congratulations @Debzh88 she’s absolutely beautiful πŸ’• looks like she has 2 very proud big brothers ! Hope your recovering ok ! XxΒ 
  • ahhh congratulations! What beautiful babies you have! Some proud big brothers there. Hope you have a smooth recovery πŸ₯° xxx
  • @Debzh88 congratulations! She is just perfect, her brothers look so very happy! Hope recovery is going well for you so far xx
  • Lovely news @Debzh88 πŸ’•! Little Hallie is beautiful. Wishing you a speedy recovery 🌸 xxx
  • Congratulations @Debzh88 !! Absolutely gorgeous 😍🌸🌸🌸🌸 little happiness x can't wait to meet more babies πŸ’—
  • @Debzh88 congratulations! Two very proud and happy big brothers.

I hope you're recovering well and that the section was as smooth as possible.

@Mary58 Have they said they want to induce you purely based on baby's size? Like you said, if they were worried at all they'd have suggested it before now.

Remember that every decision to be made is completely your choice, they can only advise and recommend, they can't make you do anything.Β 

I was at the assessment unit on Saturday night as baby hadn't moved all day, and only twice at 7pm. I'd had a really busy day doing tons of washing and jobs around the house, then we went for a 6 mile walk.

I was waiting to be let onto the ward for about 20 minutes (I'd rang for advice and they told me to go in), they were so busy (one of the reasons I don't want to go there to give birth). I then had to wait another 30 minutes before I was taken to a bed to be put on the monitors. It showed baby's heartbeat straight away which was reassuring, and I had to press a button every time I felt her move. I was on the monitor for about an hour and had around 20 Braxton Hicks, most of which took the monitor up to 100 for the muscle reading. The midwife asked if I was sure they weren't painful and I said no not at all, I've been having them for weeks now, but not that many all at once; I've had about 6 over the course of each day.Β Baby did start moving so I was thankfully allowed home after about 2.5 hours.

I'm 35+4 today and the midwives never came or even contacted me last week about doing the home birth visit, so hopefully they'll call this week and turn up to see me.

Dh really wanted to put the moses basket up last night so we did that. He said he's getting really excited now. We did the hypnotherapy together which he said was really relaxing, so we're getting there.

Just still need to order my pram system!! 😳😫 x
  • BethanyjeanBethanyjean Regular
    edited Apr 19, 2021 1:43PM
    Mary58 - 28 April πŸ’™ (Milo Alexander)

Debzh88 - 2nd May πŸ’›Β 15/04/21

SW123- 6th May πŸ’™ (no name yet)

Benka96 - 10th May πŸ’›

BethO - 12th May πŸ’– (Mara Madeline)

Bess8619 - 14th May πŸ’›

Milly:-) - 16th May πŸ’™ (No name yet)

Bubz2018 -16th May πŸ’–(Miss Safir)

HippieMama4 - 20th May πŸ’›

Riamushk - 21st May πŸ’™ (Otis)

Bethan_xo - 26th May πŸ’– (Rosie Sophia)

BethanyJean - 10th June πŸ’– (Ida Jean)

Thought it would be nice for us to update the list as little ones arrive😍 i hope everyone is on here i took this from a comment back in december!xx
  • Mary58 - 28 April πŸ’™ (Milo Alexander)
    Debzh88 - 2nd May πŸ’›Β 15/04/21
    Benka96 - 10th May πŸ’›
    Bess8619 - 14th May πŸ’›
    Bubz2018 -16th May πŸ’–(Miss Safir)Β 
    Riamushk - 21st May πŸ’™ (Otis)Β 

I thought it would be nice for us to update the list as little ones arrive😍 also we can keep track with whos due date is approaching xx
  • Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited Apr 19, 2021 3:45PM
    @Bethanyjean thats a great idea I was thinking the same a few days ago haha xx you can change my yellow heart to a pink one as now I know what I'm having hahaha xxxx 🌸🌸 
    So I'll let myself update it now of that's OKΒ  πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Debzh88 - 2nd MayΒ πŸ’›Β 15/04/21
    Benka96 - 10th May πŸ’– (Liliana Maria)
    Bess8619 - 14th May πŸ’›
  • @Debzh88 congratulations she’s so beautiful!!

I have changed the spelling for my middle name for my girl as it’s pronounced Lynn and all the family keep saying line πŸ˜‚ all amended below. Cant wait to see more beautiful babies. 2 friends that were due within a week of me have had their bundles and another one is getting induced Sunday. I am sooooo impatient now!Β 

BethO - 12th May πŸ’– (Mara Madelyn)
    Bess8619 - 14th May πŸ’›

• @HippieMama4 glad you waa checked out and all is well.
    Good idea @Bethanyjean cant wait to see who arrives next :) i rang the company about my pram and they said theres.been a delay and it wont be ready until the 1st may 😳 cutting it abit fine.
    Now ive got my section date ill update the list πŸ’•

Buttercupmummy -6th May πŸ’™ MaxwellΒ 
    BethO - 12th May πŸ’– (Mara Madelyn)
    Bess8619 - 14th May πŸ’›

• @Debzh88 oh my a huge congratulations!!!! What a beautiful girl, and what beautiful boys you have already! Must be one proud mumma. Hope you recover well, emergency c sections really aren’t a piece of cake. Especially I can only imagine with two already! Take it easy and let everyone do everything for you πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» Xxxx
  • Thank you girls! Β I got out the next day at 1pm @Buttercupmummy.Β 
    Yeah emergency not so great especially after having two very quick vaginal deliveries before. Β God knows what she was playing at- went for the sunroof option instead. Β Very easy to forget yourself and do more than you should so I’m very sore! Β Very much worth it thou. Β The boys love her so much it’s lovely. Xxxx