Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• @Benka96 that’s what I thought but my second was later than my first 🙈 surely my third can’t be even later 🤞 haha xxx 
  • Hi everyone. Just a quick update here. Had a bit of a traumatic night! Ive been fine all day, and was sitting watching tv tonight quite late as I couldn’t sleep. At midnight my waters went. I felt a pop and they came gushing all over the couch! My husband was night shift so not the best timing! I quickly phoned maternity assessment and they advised me to come down to hospital as baby is breech. Whilst on the phone I started getting contractions! The decided to send a blue light ambulance to get me in ASAP. My waters went at 12am, and by almost 1am I was fully dilated!! They thought it might be too late to be taken to theatre (my birth plan was for c section) so they asked me to start pushing. The thought of pushing a breech baby out terrified me, so eventfully I was taken to theatre. 
    He was stuck in such an awkward position, it took a while to get him out. I was quite scary but I managed. 
    Baby boy was born at 02:11am on 22nd of April weighing 6lb 10oz (36+4).  No name yet, but hopefully we’ll decide on one tomorrow when my husbands allowed to come back into the hospital. 💙
    seriously can’t believe how quickly it all happened and that he’s here! x
  • Omg congratulations @Milly:-)! Sounds like you had a hard time of it but I’m glad he’s here safe and sound. Hope you and baby are doing well!!  Xxx 
  • @Milly:-) wow congratulations!!! Hope you are both doing well. Will baby need any special care with him being slightly under what they class as full term?xx

Mary58 - 28 April 💙 (Milo Alexander)
    Debzh88 - 2nd May 💛 15/04/21
    SW123- 6th May 💙 (no name yet)
    Buttercupmummy -6th May 💙 Maxwell 
    Benka96 - 10th May 💖 (Liliana Maria)
    BethO - 12th May 💖 (Mara Madelyn)
    Bess8619 - 14th May 💛
    Milly:-) - 16th May 💙 (No name yet) 22/04/21
    Bubz2018 -16th May 💖(Miss Safir) 
    HippieMama4 - 20th May 💛
    Riamushk - 21st May 💙 (Otis) 
    Bethan_xo - 26th May 💖 (Rosie Sophia)
    BethanyJean - 10th June 💖 (Ida Jean)
  • @Milly:-) oh wow congratulations hunny xx !! And wow did you get any signs of going into labour or something before your water went ???! X I can't wait to finally have my baby here hearing they are all starting to be born now 🥰🥰😍😍 I hope you'll recover quickly and that all is well with the baby and you xx 
  • Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited Apr 22, 2021 8:12AM
    @Bethan_xo haha yeah there are some cases like that , but my second can't be any more overdue than first as I was exactly 2 weeks overdue haha 😅
  • Oh wow @Milly:-) i definitely didnt expect this news when i woke up huge Congratulations so glad your both well thats a good weight again considering he was so early bless him 🥰🥰💙 Get lots of rest while your recovering! Makes me think i need to finish packing my hospital bag just incase hahah xxx
  • Thank you everyone for the lovely messages. No, I had absolutely no signs or symptoms yesterday AT ALL! I had went for a shower around 10pm, got chilled out on the couch watching old “one born every minute”s (of all programmes) the next thing from no where my waters go and I’m absolutely drenched. Contractions start thick and fast. Actually can’t believe I got to fully dilated in less than an hour with just gas and air 😬! 
    Think we’ll be in hospital for a wee while. Keeping close eye on me because my pulse rate is quite high and have some blood markers raised indicating a possible infection - I feel absolutely fine though! Praying it’s nothing. Got myself a bit worried and worked up earlier, but I’m sure it’ll al be fine 🤞🏼  No final name yet, but we are thinking Harris James Johnston 💙. He’s so precious x 
  • Aww hes gorgeous @Milly:-) cant believe you was only 36 weeks he was obviously eager to meet you 💕🥰 thats a lovely name. I hope i feel as good as you after my section🤞! 2 week today and counting hehe 2 more days left in work xx
  • @Milly:-) aww he’s gorgeous I love that name ! Hope you make a speedy recovery . Xx 
  • Awwww so precious xx I will be praying for you hun 😘 hope you get well soon and recover and finaly go home 💖❤💙
    My little girl seems like she's getting less room in there now as she stopped wriggling around so much. 
    I mean I do feel movement and when she starts moving itd quiet a lot of moves , but she's not as active anymore and the midwife said to me that if I feel any change in movements I should go hospital. But I just seen her 2 days ago and all was fine. Do you think it's just that they get less room and maybe get a bit lazy at the end too ??? 🤔
  • @Milly:-) a huge congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby 😍😍😍😍 I am slightly jealous as someone who had their first at 42 weeks lol it always sounds like a much better idea for baby to come unexpected rather than having every day drag by!! 😅😅😅 

Hoping this bub comes earlier 🤞🏻 Had a scan yesterday and baby is head down and measuring perfect for 36 weeks so I’m feeling good! My first was breech all the way through so I’m not used to feeling this settled! 

Hope everyone is doing well - we are hopefully moving back into our house mid next week... so this baby can’t come too early hahaha! Xxx
  • Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited Apr 23, 2021 4:15PM
    Hi girls 
     So o had a pretty bussy day today. 
    Baba hasn't been moving much since last night,  tried to wake her up woth no success.  So I decided to go hospital to check. 
    Turned out everything is fine with her , BUT 
    She's breech. 
    The midwife was wrong - she is not head down. 
    They offered ECV or c section. 
    Because I'm really scared of c section I decided to give ecv a go , even though its said to be painful and only 50% successfull ,the doctor said I have higher chances of success as I've given birth before and got more space in my uterus to turn her. 

I'm freaking out. Literally. I hope the ecv works and I can have natural birth :( 
  • @Benka96 omg you were right! Good job you went to get checked out . Glad everything is ok with baby though. I hope they manage to turn her. When will they try and do it ? Xx 
  • @Benka96 mummies intuition you knew. Massage also can help abit with turning if anywhere near you does pregnancy massage hun obviously nothing is guaranteed but hopefully baby has enough room still to be turned im sure all will work out fine hun xx
  • @Benka96 just so you know, I had an ECV with my first baby and honestly I had a very positive experience with it. I know Google will tell you otherwise as lots of people will have negative things to say about it, but when people have a good experience they tend to not write out about it! I didn’t find it painful, baby wasn’t in my pelvis at that stage so they easily turned him probably within minutes. They give you an injection to sort of relax the tummy muscles, I think it made me a bit shaky but that’s the only side effect. They kept me in after to monitor and baby was fine. For me it worked and he stayed head down! Just my experience, I remember being so scared but I did a lot of meditations and breathing exercises to ensure I was as relaxed as possible 🙏🏻 I also had the best doctor do it, she said her record of success was very high, it is worth checking who’s going to do it and try and see if you can get the one with the highest success rate! Not fair that they saying either c section or ECV! My hospital has a breech clinic for ladies to give birth breech, it’s just a lot of midwives haven’t done it and so the skill has been lost! Really hope you have a good experience 🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • Girlies do you think winnie the pooh is unisex? Ive seen some bits for my little boys nursery its so cute. Just dont want it to be too girly xx
  • I'm still thinking about whether to have it done or not as I'd rather have a planned c section than being rushed to an emergency one if any complications occur. There is still a small chance she would turn on her own. I really have to think about it as there is risk of cord being wrapped around babies neck,  or placental abruption. Which will end up in c section woth complications...I really dont know:( 
  • Hello girls, just a quick update. We have decided on the name Harris 💙😃! And we’re hopefully getting home today 🤞🏼   Thanks again for all your lovely messages - can’t wait to find out who’s next 👶🏻 - so exciting!! 
  • @Milly:-) aww beautiful name. Glad there letting you home soon. Im sure you will feel so much better in your own surroundings xx