Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• @Milly:-) a huge congratulations. I love his name.

That’s two babies now born and I’m actually starting to well up and feel quite emotional that although we all dip in and out of the chat when we can we’ve all been here from around our first BFP!! It’s gone so so fast.

37+3 today, very impatient and I feel my midwife could be wrong also as I get weird pains in my pelvis and cervix so I have a feeling she’s breech but apparently she’s been head down since 28 weeks... we will see.

cannot wait to see more babies. I feel the next 2 weeks we will see a few more 🤍🤍🤍
  • BethOBethO Regular
    edited Apr 24, 2021 10:00PM
    Mary58 - 28 April 💙 (Milo Alexander)
    Debzh88 - 2nd May 💖 Hallie 15/04/21 
    SW123- 6th May 💙 (no name yet)
    Buttercupmummy -6th May 💙 Maxwell 
    Benka96 - 10th May 💖 (Liliana Maria)
    BethO - 12th May 💖 (Mara Madelyn)
    Bess8619 - 14th May 💛
    Milly:-) - 16th May 💙 (Harris) 22/04/21
    Bubz2018 -16th May 💖(Miss Safir) 
    HippieMama4 - 20th May 💛
    Riamushk - 21st May 💙 (Otis) 
    Bethan_xo - 26th May 💖 (Rosie Sophia)
    BethanyJean - 10th June 💖 (Ida Jean)
  • I updated the above to the girls names of their babies just born 😍🤍
  • Congrats to you two ladies who have had their babies 💙💓 it’s making me soooo excited.

I think I might be the only one on here that doesn’t know what they’re having?? 3 weeks to go - I am DESPERATE to know boy or girl 🙈
  • Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited Apr 26, 2021 6:33AM
    Hi girls hope you're all okay...
    I'm truly depressed to be honest,  as baby girl still didn't turn head down,  I'm 38+1 today....I made decision with my husband that I won't go for the ECV as did my research and I would be scared of the complications after it. :( 
    I wished for natural birth as c section scares me as hell as don't know what to expect etc... but I guess I don't have another choice unless she turn right before it which is like less than 5% chance....:( 
  • @Benka96 im sorry you feel the way you do. I have everything crossed that baby will turn in time, if not just think about the section as the safest way to get baby in your arms. Im sure this is easier said than done xx

Im totally stressing and worried, ive got to go back for more bloods again today as for the 3rd time they have found anti bodies in my blood again. I hate that the midwives wont tell mr what this means and if it can affect baby. Ive seen people say theyve had to stay in hospital as baby was born poorly. I just want to mentally prepare myself for what might happen xx
  • @Benka96 Aww huni its totally understandable to be feeling down especially if your extremely anxious about a section. For me I'm also terrified of the section as ive never had surgery but atm the excitement of meeting my son is out weighing the fear so im hoping that stays the case. Try and luck at the positives it will be a planned section so you can still be in control of certain elements of the birth like maybe look into a gentle section or natural section. Delayed cord clamping and if by a miracle your little lady does turn then you can still go down your original birth plan. For myself the ECV and the chances of complications would make me choose a section also. If you tell them your fears they will look after you and put your mind at ease hun. Xxx
  • @Benka96 try not to be so hard on yourself about it. I felt a bit like that with my first birth, but it was taken out of my hands. I know it sounds really scary, but just think how nice and calm everything will be for you, it will be the safest way for your little one to enter the world. I’ve had two sections now, and honestly can’t say a bad thing about it. Obviously this time round was a bit different as it wasn’t planned. But everything still went really well. The team do these operations day in and day out so you will be in safe hands. Also the procedure doesn’t take too long, so you’ll have your little one on you in no time - the best feeling! Hope you start to feel a little bit better about it soon, try and not let it worry you xx
  • Thank you girls for the reassuring words....I'm really a panicky person,  I'm scared I'll have a panick attack. And I think the bit that scares me is that I will feel them cutting me haha which is silly I know , and also I'm scared of the days after where the pain from the scar is probably gonna be really bad :( I know I just have to go through it , but I've been crying my eyes out of fear since yesterday 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • Aww @Benka96. Say hello to your friend here 👋🏼. I’m a really anxious person and always think the worst is going to happen! I actually had a panic attack when I was in hospital the other night! 
    I felt exactly the same when I had my first section. I was so scared - I was really hoping just for a natural birth. I had this massive fear in my head about bleeding out on the operating table, or like you - being able to feel the incision etc. This is totally understandable! But I can assure you it’s so safe and nothing to be worried about. They do this procedure all the time, and the chances of something scary happening is so low. They’ll check that the anaesthetic is working correctly, and they are able to give you something if you don’t feel like it is (but it will be!) they check by spraying you with freezing cold spray up at your chest, and the further down the body it goes the less you feel it. You’ll also be asked to try and raise you legs / feet up (it’s impossible). You will feel some pressure and pulling etc, but it isn’t painful. I found it so strange that I went in having painful contractions and once the spinal anaesthetic was done I couldn’t feel them at all! Even though they were still happening. Just think, a planned section will be so much calmer than an emergency one (if you did decide to have a natural birth), so you should be able to go in there and enjoy it. It really is an amazing experience. And don’t worry about afterwards. Yes you’ll be sore for a little while, but it does get easier. I’m on day four and already feel a difference. I’m not having to take as much painkillers. Should be getting my dressing off tomorrow too. 
    You can do this 💪🏼, have confidence in yourself. If I can, I’m sure you’ll be able to! 💕 xx
  • @Milly:-) your message has even reassured me. So thank you hun as i was also so scared of feeling the incision. Im currently packing my hospital bag as my friend messaged me last night saying her waters have gone shes due the 1st may so it really made me get my bum in gear. 
    So far ive packed
    5 sleep suits with mitts included just incase were have an explosive poop or sick.
    6 vests
    15 newborn nappies
    Dummy
    3x Square muslins
    1 bib
    1 box of 70ml milk bottles
    Maternity pads
    Big knickers 
    Cotton pads
    Aqua wipes
    Thats before i really think about me im thinking ill need to hand luggage cases 🤔
  • @Milly:-) thabk you for the reassuring message hun , it's hard when you never went through it before....do you breastfeed?? I'm only asking as I want to breastfeed and don't really want to be taking a tone of painkillers everyday afterward as don't want it all to go to the baby in such bog doses. I really do hope all is well , and that the healing process of the scar will be quick and forgettable xxx 
  • Ladies sorry for tmi but wondering if anyone has has this. Ive just got out of the shower im 37+5 today and ive felt like a spot down there on the inside if my lips after manoeuvring and looking with a mirror 🙈 i can only describe what looks like a small blood blister down there? Its not sore or anything also yesterday at the hospital my blood pressure was slightly raised at 120/90 but all else urine and bloodd were clear xx
  • Congrats to the ones who gave birth already 😁 
    My due date is Wednesday and no sign of baby making an appearance but I guess things can change in the blink of an eye. Feel rotten today, bit of a bad stomach and heartburn, maybe the start of something (?).

Got a sweep booked for Wednesday and if nothing happens an induction booked for Sunday (40+4). With my first I gave birth at 41+6. Looks like my boys are too happy to stay put 😒. Juggling looking after an active toddler while not feeling 100% is also a challenge 😅 but I guess only a fraction of what’s to come! 

How are you guys feeling?

@Benka96:I know c-section sounds scary but honestly it’s very common and safe and recovery is usually quicker than you expect. My sister had 2 c-sections and apart from feeling a bit bloated she felt fine after a week. I had a tear and it also took me a week to feel ‘normal’ again. There is no shame in having a c-section either, the main thing is that you and baby are safe 🙏
  • Congratulations @Milly:-) I had a very similar experience with my waters breaking on Saturday evening.  However I never started contracting, so I got booked in for a c section 24 hrs after waters went. Had a few emergency ones end up ahead of me and then I went in Monday morning.  
    Remi Amelia was born at 9.54am weighing 8lbs and is perfect .

• Oh wow another baby born xxx so precious,  @SS2020 congratulations she's soon beautiful 😍❤🌸💖
  • Aww wow i feel like every few days were getting beautiful babies appearing. @SS2020 Congratulations shes absolutely beautiful. Hope your recovering well 💕 Ive now been told my section date will be changing as it was next Thursday so now im unsure when it will be 🙈 xx
  • @SS2020 congratulations, she is beautiful!xx
  • Congratulations @SS2020 she’s beautiful ! Xx 
  • @Buttercupmummy im going in today and will be finding out my section date too 🙈🙈🙈🙈