Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in May 2022

Replies

• 🤣 same here I’m just poking out more haha! How big was your daughter when born? My little boy was 7lb 7oz I really hope this one is similar or smaller I really don’t think I could have a bigger baby. Would literally be RIP to my lady parts 😂😂
  • 😂😂😂

my daughter was 10.3 😳 I tried for 3 days but she came out the sun roof in the end 😂
  • I am definitely showing now! I think my stomach muscles aren’t what they used to be so I show that much earlier! All my babies have been teeny! Around the 5lb mark for most of them (I have 5), my smallest was 4lb7 and my biggest 6lb7. I have rubbish placentas unfortunately, my blood results showed I’m at risk of a Small for gestational age baby again, and at risk of getting pre eclampsia which is a bit of a worry. My screening results all came back as ‘low risk’ but nowhere near as low as the risks you all have! That also makes me paranoid too. 
  • My best friend who recently had her baby had the same thing- her bloods showed her placenta was not functioning properly. She ended up having a very straightforward pregnancy and birth, although she did have him 3 weeks early naturally. 

I think the risk factor is really linked to age @Pinkypie. Even if all the other results come back perfect. I can’t remember if you said your age before, but I really wouldn’t worry. Even if you have a 1 in 150 chance that’s well over a 99% chance everything will be fine x
  • I’ve had to be induced early with my last 2 and I think it will be the same with this one again. I’ve got a Doppler scan booked and extra growth scans but the first one isn’t until January. I don’t know if they’ve always checked Papp-a MoM levels at the blood tests, I don’t remember being given those results before, so I’ve not been told this early on there are indications it’s happening again! 
    I’m 37, so I know my age does play a part in the results. I haven’t got a letter with my results in as they rang me to talk through it and advised me to take aspirin, but I think my Down’s syndrome result was 1 in 1200 (which I’m not worried about) but I think she said the one for the other 2 was 1 in 200 odd which seems quite high? 
  • I’m also on aspirin. I think they advise it for a lot of reasons in pregnancy now.

I’ll be almost 39 when baby is born which is my results were high for downs. For the other two trisomies, the sonographer told me that they generally present themselves very obviously physically, even in early scans so try not to worry too much, though of course that’s our job!!
  • How is everyone doing? Is anyone starting to feel any movement? I’m only just over 15 weeks but I’m certain I have been feeling little wiggles for a few days now... is that even possible? I didn’t feel my first till over 18 weeks!
  • @Lorew I’m 16 weeks Wednesday and I’m pretty sure for the last week or so Iv felt some movements! It’s a weird feeling it literally feels like I’m being poked on the inside or twitches 🤣 with my first I didn’t feel it till about 19-20 weeks as I had an anterior placenta x
  • Yes!! Do you ever get eyelid twitches when you are stressed? I think it feels a bit like that in my lower tummy, haha!

they do say you feel baby earlier with your second!
  • Yes eyelid twitching is so annoying 😂 but yeh it’s so weird and it’s always around the same spot in lower tummy area so I’m pretty sure it’s baby wiggles.
    Yeh I heard that I was just suprised it was this early!
  • I was going to post the same actually! All last week - so from 15 weeks I could feel movements, I took my son to the park and was standing for longer than I would normally, and the movements were so much more! So lovely to feel the movements, it’s like a little reassurance baby is ok isn’t it! I’ve got my 16 week midwife appointment on Tuesday, not sure what is done at that though? Is it just blood pressure and urine check? 
  • Hi @Pinkypie
    Lovely to hear you are feeling movements too! I haven’t felt any this week- queue worry!! I just keep telling myself it’s very early still.

was your appointment today? How did it go? Did you get to hear baby’s heartbeat at all?
  • Hey ladies how are you all doing?
    we had a private gender scan and found out we are team boy again 💙
  • Awww congratulations @Claire1234939 so jealous, I wish I’d booked an early gender scan, I’m getting so impatient waiting! How many boys do you have now?
    My midwife appointment went well, but she didn’t do much at all, gutted didn’t get to listen to the heartbeat! Counting down the days until 22nd when I have my 20 week scan! X
  • @Pinkypie this will be my 2nd boy. I was abit didsappinted at first but now excited. How come she didn’t listen to the heartbeat? I had my midwife app last week and she listened to it and with my first they did at 16 wks too. Sorry you didn’t get to hear it.
     Ah your 20 week scan is the day before mine! What a lovely Xmas present for you to find out what your having ❤️
  • @Claire1234939 aww be lovely for your boys to have each other! I don’t know why she didn’t listen to the heart beat, i assumed they didn’t do it any more! She just did my blood pressure and checked my urine sample! I’ve got a telephone consultant appointment next week too, that seems completely pointless, she can’t tell much without even seeing me 🙄 definitely be great to find out just before Christmas x
  • @Pinkypie so sorry your midwife was a bit useless. I’ve definitely felt that way after an appointment. But our 20 week scans are in the same day!! 🥳 do we will find out the gender together!!

@Claire1234939 congratulations lovely- a little boy, how exciting!! I’m getting major boy vibes do think I’ll be joining team 💙
  • Hey ladies! I'm team 💙 too!! I have a little girl so nice to have one of each. 
    My 16 week appointment was over the phone as they still don't see us because of COVID! mad that I won't have seen a midwife since I was 8 weeks and then next one is 24! X
  • Well I look forward to hearing what your having @Lorew and @Pinkypie!! Will you find out at the scan or having a reveal?
    congratulations @Char09 nice to have you in the boy club 🤣 I must say as much as I was disappointed at first, boys are lovely. My little boy is so loving and a proper mummy’s boy so I’m hoping his brother will be the same! 
  • @Claire1234939 we’ll find out at the scan! I’m too impatient haha! So lovely to hear your little boy is so sweet. I’d always wanted a cuddly little boy ❤️ Congratulations @Char09 too on your amazing news! Team blue are winning out on this page haha!