Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Welcome to Due in November 15!

Replies

• Hi Alba B, that is great news! i hope your scans go well!

My friend experienced a similar thing with the smelling of smoke all the time, she looked it up online and apparently its really common!

Your sense of smell is really heightened when you are pregnant, so you could be picking up the scent from neighbours smoking or just someone going past your house/flat. but it seems 100% stronger. It should settle down.

When i was pregnant with my first i went through a stage in the first few months where the smell of wood was overpowering! x

• Welcome all the new comers!! And big congrats to you all!  

Mommytobe I feel the same way!! I'm so tired, and I hardly have an appetite. But im hungry. And the few things I do want is bread, toast, or sweets. 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

Yikes!! i never eat that stuff!! Anyone else feel this way? Any ideas on how to get more energy? 
  • I always smell smoke constantly cause my partner smokes and I hate the smell whilst I'm pregnant blegh! Lol

November 18th is my birthday haha 

My appetite has been crazy last week,I want everything and anything 

I hope my bad choice of food hasn't affected the baby,I try to make sure to have plenty of fruit and veg aswell,though some days I fail at doing so!

I find I keep getting cramps in my left leg that wakes me up,so I'm always having disturbed sleeplately,its not good when you got work the next day!

Hope everyone else is good! X 

• Found out I was pregnant yesterday. I calculate I am about 5 weeks but very nervous as I had a miscarriage in December. Found out today that I have been around someone with scarlet fever- spoke to doctor this evening and he didn't seem phased by this. Any one had this experience? I have booked my doctor appointment for next Friday so will be about 6 weeks then. Good luck everyone! x

• Hi Smith! Congrats. That's scary!! Im sure the doctor knows what he's talking about and may be nothing you can do now. Hope everything is fine. 

I think my hubby has the flu!! Yikes. Hope I don't get it. 

• Hi Smith0108 congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the group! It is understandable that you are nervous after having your MC, and I'm sorry to hear about your loss..I was exactly the same. Try not to worry about being around someone with Scarlet Fever, I was told by my GP there is no evidence that Scarlet Fever has any effect on pregnancy (i had a panic when there was a case at my eldest DDs nursery last year when pregnant with my DS and phoned her!) Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy.

• Thank you both! Emma that makes me feel a lot better so thank you. I work in a nursery so am surrounded by illnesses all the time! When I was pregnant with my little boy (now 4) we had a number of chicken pox cases, had a blood test and found out I was immune so massive relief. Thank you for your good wishes. I do appreciate it! x

• Omg I feel so exhausted these days. I also have minor lower back pain anyone else have this problem? I'm a little worried because I had lower back pain which got worse right before I had my last miscarriage.

• i  ache from head to toe @tryingfor2 i have not experienced miscarriage and I am very sorry to hear you have but all I can say is don't worry. 

I am having real trouble sleeping image

• Me too girls! I'm fine going to sleep then wake up at about 1am and can't get back to sleep until about 5 and I'm up at 6 for work! I really hope this doesn't last too long! 

Xx

• I've had bad backache past few days and I'm hoping it's just caused by working and over doing it,won't know til I see doctor tomorrow!

I just had 11 hours sleep and still feel tired and got a headache,ohhh the joys of pregnancy lol x

• OK thanks ladies. I feel a little better now just anxious to pass the 1st trimester.

• I know it's harder said than done but try not to worry, it's never nice having gone through 2 m/c in the same year and my last pregnancy I was on the edge for the whole 9 months, it was not an easy pregnancy either little monkey tried to come at 32 weeks! But we got there in the end and his all fine xx

• Wow Sarah Rowland 2 I'm glad all worked out. 

• https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/85964.jpg

Every thing was fab and his now 5 months old ???? 

• Thank you for the replies. I am new to this & have only just realised the posts had gone to my junk mail 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

Hope everyone is doing well, by my dates I will be 7 weeks on Friday, have a doctors appt tomorrow...hubby & I were thinking of asking for an early scan due to miscarrying both pregnancies in the last 12 months, has anyone else done this, I have a feeling they will make me wait out the 12 weeks again but the wait to find out if this one is 'viable' is driving me nuts, I have been convincing myself that my symptoms are all in my head haha! X

• Hi Pink,

I don't know if its something which is possible for you but I am paying for an early scan they do it anytime from 6 weeks but have asked me to wait one more week for a heartbeat- they then provide a full report of viability to the midwife. Its £60 well spent for peace of mind if its something the NHS wont provide to you.

I have since found out being on this forum that everyone healthcare operates differently but I am from kent/essex and here the midwife sees you as soon as you know for sure you are pregnant and at that appointment you get an internal scan anyway.

x

• Wow it seems to be different everywhere.I'm from Devon and the epu will see you right away if your in lots of pain or bleeding.no appointment needed,just got to wait for a space to open up.

I Think im driving myself crazy with symptoms as well pink lol

Good luck and hopefully you get the early scan you need for the peace of mind x

• Hi pink

i had early scans after my 2 m/c I got one at 6 weeks and one at 8 weeks, then my 12 week one and 20 week one and a few extra after that, I'm up in Scotland, been up here 2 and a bit years now xx

charrz I lived in Devon 15 years and I was seen as well with my first son early as I had bleeding, it's crazy how different places don't follow the same rules x

• Yeah you would think the NHS would be the same everywhere in UK lol

So I went doctors today and they have agreed to take my blood, so Il be doing it tomorrow afternoon and by Thursday I should know if it's all good

My doctor said if hcg is over the 1000's then they will give me the scan I asked for

So here's hoping i get my relief xx