Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in November 15 Big Birth Announcement thread!

Replies

• Heres my birth story :) 

on Saturday 7th November I went to the hospital at 9.30am to be induced, I had the pessary put in for 24 hours and had no luck so I went on to have 2 lots of gel, I had afew pains but they soon stopped. On Monday morning the doctor came and said if I am 2cm dilated then I can have my waters broken but if not then a csection will be considered. Luckily I was 2cm dilated so I then just had to wait for a room on the delivery suite. 

I finally got taken to the delivery suite on Tuesday at 12pm and my mum and my partner came to be with me. I was examined and was still 2cm and had my waters broken and a syntocinon drip put in at 1pm and shortly after starting having some contractions. I was told that the drip can cause the contractions to be stronger than normal. They got strong quite soon so I had some paracetamol then gas and air. At 7pm I was examined again and still 2cm which was quite disappointing after having had such strong frequent contractions for a while so i was told I would be re-examined at 11pm.

after afew hours of more painful contractions I decided to have Pethadine. This didn't seem to have any effect as the contractions were still just as painful. At 11pm I was then examined to find I was still 2cm so the doctor came and said I will be examined again at 3am and if nothing has progressed then I will have to consider a cesarean as I had been on the drip a while and wasn't progressing. I then started preparing myself that that was what was going to happen. The pain carried on as it was and became so unbearable I asked for a epidural, which for me is a big deal as I have always said I won't have one because of all the side effects and the thought of it makes me cringe, but the pain was so bad I asked for one without much thought. Unluckily for me the anesthetist had just been called to theatre so I had to wait for him to come out. He finally arrived and got the epidural in, during this my partner nearly fainted! 

Not long after the epidural was put in the pains started to become more bearable so I started last to relax abit more but then the pains turned into more of a pressure type pain and the midwife said it might be the baby turning abit and pressing on my bowel area but it wasn't going and I felt the urge to push so I did and the after afew pushes I felt a head starting to make its way out. The midwife wasn't ready so my partner pressed the buzzer to call some help. I then pushed again afew times and the head was out and within seconds the whole body had slid out. 

i then had skin to skin with the baby and as it all happened so quickly no one had checked to see if the baby was a girl but luckily she still was! My partner cut the cord. baby Isla Poppy Rae weighed 7lbs 2oz and was born on wednesday 11/11/15 at 2.15am, 45 minutes before the decision of a cesarean was going to be made so I was very relieved about that! 

I was moved up to the ward at 5.45am had doctor checks on baby and me and was discharged at 5pm the same day, after being in hospital since saturday I was so happy to be going home to be with my 3 year old and the baby.

We are now settled in as a family of four and enjoying every minute :) 

• Lolalove, that was a long labour but you totally got there in the end - and thankfully avoided the section!

Well done Owl22 for avoiding the section too! You ladies should be so proud of your beautiful babies! (Owl22, can you please update your member details so w have your address - we want to send your gorgeous girl Isla her little hat).

• Thank you :) I forgot a pic to go with my story so here's one. I will update my details now ximage

• Owl she's gorgeous!  Congrats. 

• Thank you Baby dreamer :) congratulations to you to! 

• Baby dreamer, please do let us know when you've updated your address details so we can send you out your hat.

• Hi Danielle,

i updated my information, but I love all the way in the US, so I'm not sure you all will ship to us. Thank you for all your kind words and support you have always offered. 

• That's no problem Baby dreamer, we'll be sending it out soon!

• Oh wow! Thank you all so much!  You all are amazing. 

Hi Ladies, 

Id like to introduce Isaac Joshua to you all. 

Induction was started in Monday morning at 9.30 with pesser, this started to give me contractions then fell out at about 7.30 that evening. I was then examined to see if I needed another or could have my waters broke. Good news was I was 2cm dilated so yes waters could be broke but bad news was labour ward was manic so no bed for me 😔 

Finally got a bed on labour suite at 1pm yesterday and at 4pm my waters were broken. Isaac then arrived at 21.36 after pushing for 6 minutes. 

We are so in love with him and can't wait for his big sister to meet him this evening xxxx

• Dare I say it Nevesmummy, your birth sounds so smooth and rather wonderful! Thank you for sharing and welcome to the World Isaac Joshua.

• Hi all you lovely new mums! We hope things are going well for you, and wanted to ask a wee favour. If you haven't already recieved your Blade & Rose bobble hat, you should do soon. We would love, if possible for you to upload a snap of your baby wearing it, so we can show Blade & Rose how wonderful they look. Thank you!

• Welcome to the world Isaac! He's beautiful Nevesmom! Congrats. 

• Thanks Babydreamer. It was very smooth Danielle, I don't have great pregnancies but the giving birth part is a doddle for me lol!! Xx

• Congratulations nevesmummy he is adorable! I guessed team blue lol.

• Thanks Tryingfor2. 

I think I was the only one in my family who thought girl lol! He's just so adorable I'm so in love with him xx

• Hi everyone, just a reminder that the Nov Babies 2015 thread is now open for business! We hope to see you over there soon!

Ok I hope I'm doing this in the right place, I'm a little confused with all the new chats... I blame baby brain!

Soooo my birth story...

on the 7th November my waters slowly started to break at 10am... I wasn't too sure what was happening and explained to my husband that I'd gone for a wee and even when I'd stopped... I seemed to still be going!! I went into denail that it was my waters though and sent my husband off to the football whilst I went out for a girls lunch... However by 4pm I was on the phone to my husband telling him that maybe he should come home as my waters were DEFINITELY going! 

My contractions started at 6.30 and I managed them at home until 11pm when we went to hospital. They found me a birthing suite and filled the pool as I really wanted a water birth... I got in the pool at about 2am once the midwifes had filled in lots of forms and asked me questions in between contractions!! I requested an internal as I felt things were moving quickly and was told I was 6cm dilated and baby would be at least another 4 hours!! I got back in the pool at 2.30 and my husband convinced me to try gas and air... 15 minutes later I said I felt the push urge, the midwife told me to listen to my body and left the room... Whilst she was gone I felt the urge and so pushed... Something felt strange, put my hand between my legs and felt my babies head... My husband ran to get the midwife and two more pushes and my beautiful daughter was born and I helped deliver her and brought her straight to my chest!! My labour is noted as being 1 hour 10 mins in total. I feel truly so lucky to have had the birth I wanted and have my daughter safe with me!!

This is her now at 10 days old and we couldn't be happier or feel more complete x

• She's absolutely gorgeous 😊 xxxx

• Lorelei loves her hat. Thank you!! image