Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in November 16

Replies

• Hi Ladies!

I got my bfp last week! Due the 13th of November! This will be my 1st! super excited but so so nervous also. Don't have many symptoms apart from being super tired, have not slept better in years, it used to take me 1-2 hours to get to sleep at night & now its within 10mins! Lots of trips to the loo and very bloated, that's about it!

Im from Ireland so the medical care is so different from the UK. I went to the doctor yesterday and he informed me that I don't get a scan until 20 weeks and if I wanted an earlier one I would have to go to a private clinic myself to get one and pay for it. Such a long time to wait!

I hope we all have a health 9 months ahead of us! xx

• Hi Ely86, congratulations on your BFP and welcome to MadeForMums!
    I had no idea in Ireland you had to wait so long for that first scan! Do you think you might opt for a private one?

• HI Danielle! I will definately pay for a private one for peace of mind all going well! It's ridicioulus really to be expected to wait 20 weeks! 

• Congrats Ely :) that's really is such a long time to wait have you been told if you will see a midwife before 20 weeks 

• My partner did another one yesterday, is way darker !  image

• Congratulations Ely :) that's such a long time to wait for a scan.  You would think it would be the same as here and you have your 12 week scan to make sure everything is going ok. 

I have my blood test today.....got another 3/4 weeks before I see midwife xxx

• Nice to See you over here Ely!! Can't believe you have to wait 20 weeks :-( that's crazy long!! 

Midwife should be calling me on Monday to sort out my appointments :-) 

bit it of a random one...have any of you got a ridiculously dry mouth/throat?! I can't quench my thirst, been like this for days now! Think that's what's making me a bit nauseous rather than the baby!! 

Xx

• I havnt had a dry mouth or any thing just tiredness and frequent trips to the toilet and hungry 

• Hi guys have any of you had experience with the ClearBlue weeks indicator? 10 days ago it said 2-3 and today I expected 3+ but got 2-3 again? Just fretting a bit x

• Hi everyone,

Just got back from my scan (for investigation of pelvic pain not pregnancy). All normal which is good!

Best news tho was that they could see the gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole! No hb yet but I'm only 5+3 so it's early days!!!

I'm so happy as I had a mmc with only a gestational sac last time so even seeing this was amazing!

Xxx

• DonnaLou,  my understanding is that the cbd are notoriously unreliable for dating etc. Too many factors can affect it... just trust that pregnant is pregnant! Xxx

• That's apricot0904.  I think I just need to slowly step away from the tests lol x

• Lol... We've all been guilty of that at one stage or another!!! Xxx

• I tested a week after my first positive just to check again lol was darker then my first one 

• Lol what are we like...I also tested a week after the first!! Just wanted to make sure it 'hadnt disappeared' 

dont think I'll settle until I have a huge bump and can feel it! Xx

• I know crazy thoughts eh lol 🙈 i guess we should just enjoy the early stages we be moaning we can't move cos our big bumps soon enough lol can't wait for my bump though :) xx

• I got my scan appointment through.....28th April.

Its crazy, im the same I still cant believe it, I tested a week after aswell as I just wanted to make sure the line was there still.  I cant wait for my bump....although like you say Sj83 we will be moaning about it.  Especially if it gets hot this summer like it has done the last few years, we wont know what to do with ourselves xxx

• Thanks everyone! Cant believe im actually pregnant! MillP I haven't experienced that im afraid! but there seems to be so many symptoms associated with pregnancy.

Donnalou pass no heed of the CB digitals, ive seen so many people have problems with them although im still going to try one this eve or tomorrow :)

The only major problem im having is I get really bad cramps after I eat, this morning was the worst but after a few wee burps they eased off! apparently the build up of progesterone slows down your digestion system. Im super tired also, fall asleep every night within 5 mins where it used to take me 1-2 hours!!!

• Ely I saved my cbd for when I was a week late and it came out pregnant 2-3 weeks which was right as that means the doctors date you at 4 weeks which was what I was when I done it.  I only done cb tests when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter xxx

• ahh least you have a date :) u can't wait for my letters to start coming through :) I was thinking about the summer have to buy some nice maternity dresses still look good with our bumps :) xx