Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2017

Due in November 2017

Replies

• Hey Mochi don't think that you're being immature, being pregnant for the first time is scary and without family and friends to help and support you it is hard for you and your husband as this is the first time for both of you.

Just try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy but remember you're not alone. If you need someone to hear you out or talk to I'm all ears

• Mochi hun don't ever feel alone, I know how hard it must be for you but if it's ever any help you can talk to me here. Don't be shy to ask questions to your midwife, any fears, thoughts or concerns maybe try writing down and when you see her next, ask her? For example ask her about why your having the GTT, tell her your scared, it's what shes there for she will be able to offer you reassurance and help you to understand which will help x

• WLJ That sounds interesting going round different hospitals must keep.things interesting. I'm under Rotherham hospital they have always been good with me.

Mochi is perfectly normal to feel scared I think I'm more scared this time than last xxx

• Mochi try not to worry. GTT is normally a sugary drink and a small finger prick (nearly painless) then a 2 hour wait and another finger prick. It's very routine and normally just a precaution. So don't worry. You will be fine. But likw the girls say, always voice any concerns tp your health care professional. X

• Thank you everyone :) that's why I enjoy this website so much. It's so nice being able to talk to ladies in the same situation as I am.

• @mochi feel free to talk with us or your midwife . i find its  best to get the feelings out 😀 I found the forum fab the first time round and always helpful to meet other pregnant mums for a chat or meal. 

I have had 2x Glucose tolerance test not a fan of the sugary (glucose)drink but ny result been fine. you will need two bood test 2hrs apart (the second test is done 2 hrs after the glucose drink). You will need a book or something to keep you busy. I caught up on a tv series but had to go to work after wards. 

finally trimester begins so excited and relieved almost there 

• I'm feeling it here as DH is still abroad waiting on the visa 😓

Booked my acupuncture at the hospital, soonest apppoitment is 7th September but looking forward to it. Also doing exercises now that do provide temporary relief so should keep them up. Considering a swim today but not sure if it will be too much, I can't even turn over in bed!!

When do you think is the right time to buy his things? Like the pram, clothes and getting his sleeping arrangement sorted? I know everything I want to get but just haven't physically bought it yet...

x

• Do any of you ladies know if it's a full blood test or just a finger prick? I've heard both but I'm not sure which one is the most common.

I'll definitley bring a book 🙂 I was deciding not to but it's for him and I'd face my fears any day for him.

• The baby could come at any time at this point so if you're not having a baby shower then now would be a good time if it's right for you 🙂 I'm personally waiting until after the baby shower before I make a ton of purchases.

• No Im not having a baby shower, but I still feel like it's too early at 29 weeks? I still can't get my head around the fact that it's really happening 

• 😅😅

• Same! I felt the same way but it's best to be prepared if anything unexpected happens. That's why I'm wanting to get his room all set up for him soon :) I think it all comes down to what you think is best. If you're ready to buy some stuff then why not?

• Yes I suppose so, I think I'll leave the pram and bed nest until October but will start getting little bits next month x

• Honestly, I have my little man's stuff sorted already. The only thing I might still buy is another pram suit. I think if you are already exhausted and struggling, it's best to do it asap. As you are only gonna get more pregnant as time goes on. 

Good luck to all those having the diabetes testing. 

Has anyone thought anymore about names?? Xx 

• I had a full blood test for all my GTT but might be different at each hospital. Best to check with your midwife I say.

With regards to baby bits definitely try and get the bulky items ordered (depending on what you need) and schedule a date for when you want it delivered.

• Yeah I've got a Moses basket for the living room and ordered the pram which is ready any time I want it. I've also got a weeks worth of vests and sleep suits, 2 pram suits and blankets, pack of nappies and box of wipes, Muslim clothes. I'm having a baby shower mid oct so I'm waiting  until then before getting anything else. I have my best mate a list of stuff that we need, so shes good at sorting that stuff. Anything we don't get, i can order online and takes a few days. I f if I have a Moses basket, nappies, clothes and my boobs then the baby will be fine. I've started putting clothes together for hospital, PJs and disposable knickers, breast pads and sanitary products etc. Feeling more organised each day. 

Loving al the rolls that baby is doing. Feels so weird still though. Keeps sticking its bum right out 😂 Xx

• I think best to start buying things in bits and get bulky stuff out of the way. I remember panicking when nursery furniture delivery was delayed kept panicking that baby would arrive before it was all set up. For my first started shopping after 20th week scan lol 

I already have most things from previous (my first is 16months so still fairly new). I just need to wash the snuzpod get adaptors and extra seat to make pram double. I'll need new bouncer etc (gave my other one away didnt think will be here again so quickly 🙄) 

I m team blue again so clothes sorted I hope.although,I don't trust myself if I see a good deal ( secretly wished to be team pink) 

The glucose test is usually blood sample. Finger prick can be subjective for instance if you didnt wipe hand properly after eating sweet etc can influence result. Often great as a guide 

I didn't have Moses basket last time used pram but he hated it so hardly slept in it ended getting a swing which was fab but created a motion loving baby. ?crib for downstairs or use the snuzpod bassinet found it heavy taking it up and down last time was easier to just leave attached to my side of the bed

@WLJ impressed with your prep skills 

• I feel under prepared now, Ive literally only bought one outfit lol

o well next month I'll start! 

• To be honest, I still have most big bits left from my first (She is also 16 months). I'm sticking with the pram we have, not getting a double (have an amazing baby carrier, so gonna wear and push). And when we go out for a family day, we have a spare smaller stroller, so we can push one each if necessary. We still have the crib, just got a new mattress. And the bouncer. Baby number 1 was a girl though, so got to buy all new baby clothes :) and we still have all the smaller bits - baby bath, ewan the dream sheep, etc etc. Tbh, we are pretty much done. Just have the hospital bags to pack! X 

• Hey ladies!! Pretty quiet on here.

Im currently in Tunis visiting the DH, it's so hot here so spend most of the day in the apartment chilling and eating. Here is a pic :) 30 weeks!!!

Has anyone else been feeling baby hiccuping?? It's been happening everyday atleast once for the last week..