Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Ah well as long as we are aware so we can address the issue afterwards 😂

Cool what bouncer are you looking at? Any opinions on the mamaroo type chairs? Xx

• Options

• Options

Ah cool WLJ it looks great 👍🏻👍🏻

• Options

Hi everyone, we've just started a new thread, asking how you feel about your pregnancy body - please do come and tell us if you love it or hate it on this new thread here. 

• Options

Has anyone tried the NCT antenatal couses before? We've been recommended them by a few friends and dad really wants to do them. 

• Options

Our friends recommended NCT as a way to meet people so ours starts next Monday! 

• Options

Yes I'm booked into a course it starts next Saturday.. husband is still abroad so probably going alone 😪

xx

• Options

Ours starts 3rd October. Don't know if it's a bit late but we will soon find out. 

• Options

My midwife has referred me 3 times now and I've heard nothing. It's so annoying. So i bet I don't get on the course now. There is a private one I can do but thats £60. So I might just leave it and if I'm stuck I'll just have to ask my gran 😂  I've been going to relaxation classes and Pilates so I've met a few ladies there. 

Well im pooped today. Been painting the guest room. All finished but I can defo only do one room a weekend. 

Put some baby clothes on to wash so I can start organising them too. Slowly but surly getting there xx

• Options

Well I'm in two minds whether to actually attend my NCT course, my DH is still away and I'm worried about going on my own and feeling left out/awkward.

Today I went out and bought my first few baby bits! I got a pram suit, some first outfits, sleep suits. Also ordered the pram, which is a big purchase so feeling excited about that. 

I'm going to buy a chest of drawers for the baby this week and start washing his bits and putting them away, its all so exciting!

• Options

Hi everyone, we're just wondering, have you had a baby shower? If so, what was the best gift you received? Please do come and tell us on this new thread HERE! 

• Options

When is everyone going on maternity leave ? I’ve got 6 weeks left and it feels like it’s foreve. 

• Options

I still have a few weeks of annual leave left so will be off from 13th October but my mat leave officially starts on 20th Nov. I've accumulated quite a bit of annual leave from my first mat leave.

• Options

I'm off from October 20th.. can't wait now, just want to sort baby stuff out and nest I think...

• Options

November 20th? That's my due date lol I'm not familiar with how early or late maternity leave can start. Is it normal to start late officially?

• Options

mochi you can start matleave 11 weeks before your due date. Im planning on going 2.5weeks before. Though I don’t know if I will make it. Im already finding it exhausting running around after 2-3year olds For 10 hours a day all9ng with a 1.5 hour commute  😕  and thet are still to find someone to cover  so I’ve no choice but to stay. 

• Options

I haven't been working so have been fortunate to be able to be at home already. I've been enjoying shopping and getting the baby bits all sorted. 

I think next week I'll start washing and putting his clothes away! 51 days left until due date!!

• Options

I am also one of the lucky ones, who gets to stay at home as a full time mummy (my daughter is almost 17 months). We have finally finished the house, packed the hospital bag, and feel prepared. 

I had an incident on Monday and ended up in fetal assessment, with a growth scan on tuesday, and a consultant appointment today (the consultant appointment was already scheduled, they just moved the scan to a day earlier). At 32+1 they estimated his weight to be 4lb7oz!! My girl was 3lb4oz when born at 32 weeks 😂 but he is no longer breech, in fact 3/5 engaged. So I am on fire downstairs (sorry for the info haha) 

Next consultant appointment is in 3 weeks, at 35+2. How fast is that time going?! X 

• Options

I became pregnant when I moved here from America so I wasn't able to get a job although I wish I could have. I feel awful for the pain some women have to go through before maternity leave 😥

Also, when say "fire" lol do you mean kinda like when you have to pee very bad? I've been getting that non stop for the past two days but at my midwife appointment yesterday she didn't seem concerned with his position at all.

• Options

Oh Karen I hope all is well!

I've been having a sore spot on my stomach, it feels as if the skin is sensitive or there is a bruise but there isn't? I called the midwife about  but she wasn't helpful at all, just said if I'm concerned go to the hospital. What do you think, does it sound normal or is it worth a trip to triage??

I've got a consultant appointment on the 2nd of Oct when I'll be 34+3, and the midwife has said because of that I won't see her for the 34 week check, instead she gave me my 36 week appointment. Does that sound right? I thought the doc appointments were as well as the midwife ones??

Also I think I have sorted babies coming home outfit 😍